Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally someone! :lol

[...]

Mcfarlane went Hot Pink, looks terrible
and Mars unfortunately followed suit.
It's subtle but makes a big difference to my eyes, not a fan of the hot pink so many unfortunately seem comfortable with. I do wish more would say something maybe get to Mars' ears, before this goes into full production.
If it really bothers you this much then why not take the extra steps (if you haven't already) to show and tell Mars Toys yourself through both their Instagram and Facebook pages? Really doesn't do much good here especially when most of us here are fine with it as is. If you don't have social media, then create an account on those respective platforms to let your voice be heard.

Copies are always inferior. Some of these 3rd parties just want to produce and ship out as quickly as possible. I don't blame them. I would too. This will need work. There is no Romero Joker, so the gamble may be the only option at this point. I don't do customs. Don't enjoy the hassle of it all.
We've been waiting on a custom from IRIS for over two years

The wait time is definitely the chore part of custom. But in the end the quality always top everything and make it worth the while. I'm sure when it's finished the project will be great.

Comparison Hot Toys prototype went more purple
6vvsyq.jpg
6vvt89.jpg

Mars Hot Pink ...It's subtle but makes a big difference to my eyes,
6vy2ek.gif
6vy2z9.gif

Dear Mars toys beautiful figure, though you called him Prank villain not Pink villain.
\
6vi2rh.jpg

6vi2zx.jpg

Bright Purple^ vs Mars Hot Pink
6vwaik.gif

6vvacj.jpg

Natural light ^ purple vs Mars over-saturated Hot Pink^
cesar-romero-joker-gif-12.gif

Bright Purple^ vs Mars Hot Pink (bellow)
6vw6ii.jpg

-----
2bv3m4.gif

And while Pagliacci and Surfing Joker are absolutely brilliant variants.
Rather than prison Joker, would have preferred civilian zoot Joker, if you are inclined to one more variant.
4i1pcs.gif

tumblr_omv5zvfh2R1r86qtto6_400.gif

tumblr_omv5zvfh2R1r86qtto10_400.gifv

It's what somewhat inspired Miller's big suit Joker
6vw3fp.gif

art-jpgjpg.jpeg

And like the Pagliacci mask, the Dark Knights gray suit
6vw4ak.gif

6vw4iv.gif

Having 66 Romero Joker in the gray Civilian Zoot holding the Pagliacci mask, would make for a wonderfully bizarre retroactive-symmetry on the shelf.

Last edited:
IRIS is ridiculously behind/slow. And they seem to choose whichever projects they prefer regardless of when the project was started. I think there were at least 2 projects started after the one I'm part of that already have prototypes made.

Dear Mars toys beautiful figure, though you called him Prank villain not Pink villain.
\
bd48b9dfb4abc333e08e28aea5490f4aeb1d6c8d.gif

🤔

Last edited:
This is fantastic
Though I've seen different lighting, I prefer more purple to the bright pink suit.
For every muted or color corrected picture posted above to make Joker's suit look purple, there's hundreds of pictures of the Joker's hot pink/magenta/who knows colored suit... or you could actually watch the show to see for yourself.
Like I said it depends on the lighting.
Those aren't color corrected, your gifs and image refrances might be from crap tv swipes.
Even WB's own Blu-ray old and cleaned up shows it was more bright purple

Actual footage bright purple^
vs Mars' hot pink
6vw893.gif

Needs more purple :wink1:

Last edited:
Like I said it depends on the lighting.
Those aren't color corrected, your gifs and image refrances might be from crap tv swipes.
Even WB's own Blu-ray old and cleaned up shows it was more purple
My gif was more of a confused look b/c you completely ignored the fact that MarsToys isn’t here visiting these threads . You literally started your post with “Dear Mars Toys” :lol if you really care about having the suit color changed, you should contact them directly via their social platforms. Again, coming in here repeatedly posting that it isn’t purple enough isn’t going to change anything. None of us work for MarsToys

With that said, I have the HD versions on digital and there seem to be more episodes that the suit is on the pinker side than the few instances you’re showing where it looks more purple :dunno: seems to be on an episode by episode basis.

Last edited:
The outfit could definitely use a bit more purple
I agree, and encourage putting it out there wherever you can.:wink1:

Also after the four main rogues, with Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler (hopefully includes bowler hat and suit version). And Batgirl.
would next absolutely support:
6vwj2m.gif

Otto Preminger - Mr Freeze
and
(unlikely yet one of my favorites) Malachi Throne - False Face.
6vwib2.gif

6vwijq.gif

And if the Mars/Saturn gods are revisiting the Dynamic Duo, I'd love to see Green Hornet and Kato pair, finally done justice in this scale.
tghtifneq0u71.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, and encourage putting it out there wherever you can.:wink1:

Also after the four main rogues, with Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler (hopefully includes bowler hat and suit version). And Batgirl.
would next absolutely support:
6vwj2m.gif

Otto Preminger - Mr Freeze
and
(unlikely yet one of my favorites) Malachi Throne - False Face.
6vwib2.gif

6vwijq.gif

And if the Mars/Saturn gods are revisiting the Dynamic Duo, I'd love to see Green Hornet and Kato pair, finally done justice in this scale.
tghtifneq0u71.jpg
I would definitely want to purchase an upgrade to my Green Hornet :)
16883690418_6f44575dd1_k.jpg

And then don't forget Alfred.

Does this company have any track record? Shade of pink/purple bothers me much less than the possibility of a low quality, badly tailored suit or distorted sculpt with crummy paintwork.

Does this company have any track record? Shade of pink/purple bothers me much less than the possibility of a low quality, badly tailored suit or distorted sculpt with crummy paintwork.
They’ve released a KO of DX08 that was pretty well received for the most part, so much that they did a second run. They’ve also released a Heisenberg and I think Mike from Breaking Bad but idk how well those have done as I don’t care about that show :lol They have other Breaking Bad Characters in the pipeline that were delayed as they’ve mentioned the factory they were using stole their money and stopped producing figures so they had to find another factory. They teased what the new factory can produce with a picture of a pre-production sample headsculpt of their Wolf of Wallstreet figure and it looked pretty good to me.

That’s because our crappy TV screens didn’t show the details that well. HD has certainly killed the “fantasy” of a lot of stuff.
You’re not kidding. The Blu-rays show Romero’s mustache, and the stunt men switch in the fight scenes, clear as day.
FF347EFA-3416-4ABB-9798-3492BD268CA9.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's a little info from Mars Toys facebook in case some were wondering about production. @Asta feel free to remove if this is something I shouldn't share.

Mars Toys

Dear collectors.
For the past two years, we have experienced delinquent items from the factory. And the factory took our money and ran away.
So why some things have not shipped for two years. But this year, we found a qualified and reliable factory again. Orders that were not completed last year will be shipped from the end of the third quarter to the fourth quarter of this year.
*The second round of MAT002 will be released around September 15th.
*MAT005 (Insufficient order has canceled the sale)
*MAT004
*MAT006
*MAT007
*MAT008
It will ship from the end of the third quarter to the fourth quarter.
This year's pre-sale orders will follow the normal release time.
In the paint, we also achieved some innovation: the real texture of the skin.
It's still in beta, let's see what happens.

PS: The picture is the final product. To test paint.
Best Regards
305481429_495786915885871_9222511656358137987_n.jpg

I would prefer the purple. In my mind's eye, that's what it read as when I was a kid.

However, it is not a deal breaker either way since this is the only game in town.
I agree, purple is the preferred color as that is what I saw on tv.

I’ll take what they give us as I e never seen the real suit with my own eyes, but would prefer my silver age joker more in the light purple tones versus straight up pink.

I’ll take what they give us as I e never seen the real suit with my own eyes, but would prefer my silver age joker more in the light purple tones versus straight up pink.
Agreed. But on the shelf I'm sure it will not matter. This will look great.

Back