Mars Toys - 1/6 Jaws Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think I’ve watched Jaws as an adult…
Might be about time I revisit it to actually appreciate the characters instead of just to be scared of the shark.
To me, the first part of the movie is the most fun, because it is also a very keen political satire. It is basically the mayor who is a real danger to people, as he does not care for lives but for the budget. And Brody is the real man. And the growing friendship between Hooper and Quint is also fun. It is like redneck and geek finding out that they have more in common than they think.
I think that the movie is a very nice social criticism and has some sharks in it. :) Love Spielberg for that.

Might be about time I revisit it to actually appreciate the characters instead of just to be scared of the shark.
Every few years I re-watch moves, and compare it how I was as a teen, and some movies blow me away how good they keep getting.

Jaws was of them. Just amazing acting. I just love the look and acting and facial expressions. As a kid, I never noticed it.

Some of my favorites I didn't appreciate enough were movies that bombed like Speed Racer and John Carter the acting a pacing were top notch. I noticed the past year, Predators 2010, I've watched it 3 times. I think that movie, I severely underrated it as a teen.

Re-watching Jaws as an adult, was a fantastic experience. I notice the special effects and appreciate the male bonding.

I NEED these figs. I do worry as Mars does have a habbit of teasing. I wanted a Timothy Dalton Bond finally...but alas not too be.

Wow, somehow missed this preview. How cool if all three got made. Almost bought the NECA figs but they were just too doll-like in that style and I really wanted 1/6. As others have said, hope all 3 get made.

Jazz needs to make the boat, after they finish batmobiles.
At least the back of it as display base for these. Would be m ore about good paint than a super complex sculpt.

See it before you go swimming.

Attachments

• 20230718_124840.jpg
    20230718_124840.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230616_121156.jpg
    20230616_121156.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Any update on the Jaws figure?

Mars has released some quality Batman 89 figures lately with the recent Alfred and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) figures.

And I have all their BTTF figures on PO (Doc & Biff), as well as the Riddler (both 66 and 95).

I wouldn't hold your breath. I am still waiting on the Cara Dune they teased, which will probably never happen.

Last edited:

Mars has released some quality Batman 89 figures lately with the recent Alfred and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) figures.

And I have all their BTTF figures on PO (Doc & Biff), as well as the Riddler (both 66 and 95).

You have their '66 Riddler? In hand?

I would guess we have a year plus before we see anything on these. that's me being optimistic.

Back