[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not one piece on that figure is iMinime the fact the guy mentions iMinime every 3 words swiftly followed by statements like 'but it might not be' and 'that's what I was told' is laughable.

Both sculpt are clearly knock off's crudely painted

The less said about the 'tipex/white out' poncho the better

The jeans and belt are ACI and can be found readily on ebay for like 20 bucks

Boots god knows but they look like those cheap triad toys boots repainted

The Vest is likely custom and bar the fact it's got literally no weathering whatsoever is actually not a bad effort (still not iMinime's though)

The shirt appears to be ACI also

The whole thing whoever put it together (either the seller or mystery mr X) probably cost about $250 bucks plus whatever he was charged for those paint jobs. I'd go as far as to say the only thing on it worthwhile having is the true type it's on...

I don't know whats worse somebody either thinks they can pass that off as a genuine iMinime DX set or the fact the seller might be telling the truth and has genuinely been ripped off with that....

I've offered him £6 for it (that's about 10 bucks for all you US guys)

Last edited:
This is the reply I received from the seller:

"First of all i have never said its been painted by iminime, the person i bought it from told it has been repainted. I did buy it in convention in late 2013 in the uk.
I am just stating what i have been told .I have reworded the listing stating it is not done by iminime"

Well, it's one of two things. Either the seller is telling the truth and really isn't in touch with the community, is unknowledgeable and basically got duped when he bought it himself... or he very much knows what's what in which case there's a good chance that he's reading this thread. But would a savvy collector really think that ANY other serious collectors would take this listing seriously? Weird.

Well, it's one of two things. Either the seller is telling the truth and really isn't in touch with the community, is unknowledgeable and basically got duped when he bought it himself... or he very much knows what's what in which case there's a good chance that he's reading this thread. But would a savvy collector really think that ANY other serious collectors would take this listing seriously? Weird.

They may very well be here on the forum I'd imagine they know exactly what it is and are relying on the uneducated masses that purchase on eBay frequently. There are a lot out there that have zero knowledge of iMinime from the off or at least very little. It's one of 2 things he either got ripped off as you said and is now trying to pass the buck so to speak (not cool) or he knows exactly what it is and is going out of his way to defraud (seriously not cool). Either way it makes the seller look like a ****** lol

The only time iMinime should be mentioned in that listing is to highlight the fact the sculpts are recasted knock offs. Nothing in that listing is original iMinime and they certainly shouldn't be mentioned in the title. Perhaps Wake could highlight this to Denny and he could contact eBay stating this is a counterfeit item using his companies name and should be pulled.

They may very well be here on the forum I'd imagine they know exactly what it is and are relying on the uneducated masses that purchase on eBay frequently. There are a lot out there that have zero knowledge of iMinime from the off or at least very little. It's one of 2 things he either got ripped off as you said and is now trying to pass the buck so to speak (not cool) or he knows exactly what it is and is going out of his way to defraud (seriously not cool). Either way it makes the seller look like a ****** lol

Your right; he's either passing the buck or being a hornswoggler. I think he throwing it out there to test the waters but who would possibly bite? I have to believe that minimally 9/10 people browsing eBay for high end items of the hobby know what they're looking for and what they're looking at. The people willing to drop $1500 on a figure is a fairly small group inside of an already small community.

I bet it's one of those OSW dudes. They can't be trusted :lol

Perhaps Wake could highlight this to Denny and he could contact eBay stating this is a counterfeit item using his companies name and should be pulled.
Considering that the product is unauthorized to begin with, I'm not sure this argument will go very far with eBay. Folks were trying to do this regarding Trevor's sculpts when they first started getting recast by Q, but there's nothing really to be done.

Ah well **** it then lol if somebody is stupid enough to drop £950 on that they deserve to get ripped off lol

Here is why I think he knows what he's doing. The terminology that he uses is that of a collector, someone who's familiar with this item, and is making it sound very specific. He mentions Trevor's name and refers to things that make the item more appealing. He's obviously trying to catch somebody who is unfamiliar with the real thing.

The only time iMinime should be mentioned in that listing is to highlight the fact the sculpts are recasted knock offs. Nothing in that listing is original iMinime and they certainly shouldn't be mentioned in the title. Perhaps Wake could highlight this to Denny and he could contact eBay stating this is a counterfeit item using his companies name and should be pulled.

Considering that the product is unauthorized to begin with, I'm not sure this argument will go very far with eBay. Folks were trying to do this regarding Trevor's sculpts when they first started getting recast by Q, but there's nothing really to be done.

Interesting: I purchased only a head from Denny when I was notified of its shipping I got this in the e-mail:

"If possible, I would like to ask you one thing, as this is not licensed figure but custom art work, if you take photos and publish, please don't mention iminime or show the box.
Thank you for your help and cooperation on this."

Soooooo, whether the sale is of a legit fig or a recast/knock-off, "Iminime" SHOULD NOT be mentioned regardless. Although Denny is asking politely, I take it as authoritative, after all it is his itellectual property

To me it's pretty clear what this guy is doing. He probably bashed a Clint a long time ago using that crappy mix of items he has in his auction and then likely bought a real iminime one and wanted to unload the old stuff. Then he bought Qs recasted head and did a crappy as hell paint job on it and is probably trying to make a buck off that head on his old bashed outfit and simply talking it up like its something special in his auction.

To me it's pretty clear what this guy is doing. He probably bashed a Clint a long time ago using that crappy mix of items he has in his auction and then likely bought a real iminime one and wanted to unload the old stuff. Then he bought Qs recasted head and did a crappy as hell paint job on it and is probably trying to make a buck off that head on his old bashed outfit and simply talking it up like its something special in his auction.

Sorry to see the drama in here. There's always some schmuck trying to make a buck on someone else's shoulders.

The original came out beautifully. If iminime ever makes a John Marston, I'll be in. :)

My stance on these things is no different then when a seller mislabels or falsely advertises a figure as Hot toys when it's clearly not. It's incumbent on the buyer to know what he's buying. After al just because the auction says "diamonds" doesn't mean it's true. Can you imagine "solid gold Clint Eastwood figure with skin tone paint application!" The photographs are terrible on top of that. Custom figure buyers are not the standard 1/6 noobs either. You may scam a few unwitting novices into buying a Neca figure labeled hot toys but a custom buyer? If that auction sells ill will be very surprised

Exactly. You nailed it.

i actually think the paintjob brings out the likeness more :lol

Its one of the aspects I love about that movie. Everyone looks like they haven't taken a shower in days. They all look like they've been baking in the Sun.

So that flaky paintjob actually looks pretty good :lol

i actually think the paintjob brings out the likeness more :lol

Its one of the aspects I love about that movie. Everyone looks like they haven't taken a shower in days. They all look like they've been baking in the Sun.

So that flaky paintjob actually looks pretty good :lol
Looks like you better grab that bad boy while the getting is good, then!

Back