[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Have no,agenda. Just for sake of discussion and wonderment. I don't mean to disparage Denny's reputation, if that's how it's being taken. But, as I've said if he is not involved , at best he just doesn't care. He's moved on to his next project being small run customs, Iminime or a a larger mass market project. This issue does not seem as important to him as it does to you guys.
"A part from " me and a handful of "you guys" MOST folks are pretty much indifferent with better things to do than discuss this. AND whether we like it or not these sets will sell well. As someone said earlier the public in general ( be that GBU movie fans or 1/6 collectors in general) do NOT know the background of these figures. Have you commented on OSW? Or Cotswold FB page ? Actually ISHO, I thought you put a Period on it and were out of the discussion.a long time ago.

Jimmy C you said yourself you have no idea hence stop making such offensive speculation on DK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, first, Mr Phine, You are getting a little nasty. Tone it down. Second These ARE NOT ACCUSATIONS . They are INQUIRES. THese are points. I lay no blame on DK. I have nothing to gain other than conversation. I have no connection to any company or retailer. If you look me up you will see I have participated in discussion many times before on a few subjects that interest me with no "agenda" . So I have no history or reputation as a "troll". I make no judgements if Redman is any sort of subsidiary of Iminime. I'm certainly not laying a "blame" on DK for anything. Any answers or suggestions I've made are in response to counterpoints. I use the same user name on OSW. I may not collect on the same level as some of you. NO animosity or reason to have such on DK. But I've seen little or no evidence or indication that this situation bothers DK or anyone representing Iminime. But you guys seem to confuse opinion with law or doctrine. AND who says this "thread is for people in the know and supporters of DK" ? .... If you object to what I'm asking or object to my conversation, you can ignore me. I'll have nothing to reply to.

Re: [iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Machew1031;8035146 Yeah I'm still not understanding what he's trying to accomplish Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE said:
The reason you don't understand, my friend is because , I m not trying to accomplish anything here

But I've seen little or no evidence or indication that this situation bothers DK or anyone representing Iminime.

As I've said repeatedly, there is nothing that he can do. Those in the know are those who follow him; those who are in the know are not going to buy the recasts. Therefore, those who follow him - those who will actually see his messages - will not buy the recasts.

You don't know that Denny hasn't sent messages to the retailers like Cotswold who are stocking these. No evidence whatsoever.

If Denny has posted on their Facebook page asking them why they are stealing his work, then I don't believe that Denny has anything to do with these Redman sets.

Yea I know this thread is getting really tiring reading about a issue that won't get resolved. Bottom line is these recast are gonna get released and theirs nothing anyone can really do about it.

via Facebook.
Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 2.40.16 PM.jpg

Hey guys!

I have finally got an IMINIME Blondie coming in the mail!!! I'm beyond excited about it!

So as I (im)patiently wait for my fig to arrive I've been doing research on the figure, and Clint Eastwood's actual costume from the film(s).

I've got some questions about the gun belt. It doesn't appear to be terribly accurate at all. The only thing accurate about it is the embroidered loop and diamond pattern, but even that is not accurate in the back of the belt.

So does anyone know where I can find a film accurate version of the belt and holster in 1/6 scale? I've been to the usual sites BattleGear, Old Days of Yore, etc...

I'm going to contact Gustavo, and Mfisher since he does such amazing work on the Indy gear.

Let me know your thoughts,

Thanks!

Here's some pictures of some relatively accurate recreations, and one (the close up of the holster) pic of the original from GBU. I said relatively accurate because all the reproductions have their little variations as well.

Blondie Rig.jpg
EASTWOOD 703E.jpg
Blondie Holster.jpg

an accurate version will need to be hand made, gustavo is definately a good choice..................(my trio is for sale)

An accurate GBU holster is not currently available in 1/6. If you are able to contact Gustavo to attempt one, I'm sure there be a buch od people, myself included, who would like one. I would only go by the actual belt and holster, not any of the replica's.
Hey guys!

I have finally got an IMINIME Blondie coming in the mail!!! I'm beyond excited about it!

So as I (im)patiently wait for my fig to arrive I've been doing research on the figure, and Clint Eastwood's actual costume from the film(s).

I've got some questions about the gun belt. It doesn't appear to be terribly accurate at all. The only thing accurate about it is the embroidered loop and diamond pattern, but even that is not accurate in the back of the belt.

So does anyone know where I can find a film accurate version of the belt and holster in 1/6 scale? I've been to the usual sites BattleGear, Old Days of Yore, etc...

I'm going to contact Gustavo, and Mfisher since he does such amazing work on the Indy gear.

Let me know your thoughts,

Thanks!

Here's some pictures of some relatively accurate recreations, and one (the close up of the holster) pic of the original from GBU. I said relatively accurate because all the reproductions have their little variations as well.

View attachment 211997
View attachment 211998
View attachment 212000

So I finally found someone to make a more accurate holster and gun belt for my GBU, Blondie figure... ME! [emoji23]

I asked around and couldn't find someone to make "The Man With No Name's" rig, so I thought I might try it myself. It's a beautiful Frankenstein hybrid of 3 different western sets, and A TON OF WORK to make it look like I didn't do any work. I'm surprised it turned out as good as it did. I still need to weather it, and make some tiny belt notches for the strap on the holster.

Now that I know I can do it, I'm going to make a more accurate gun belt for him next weekend.

Let me know what you guys think.
6d2a8a355ddac787adda8ffb047006c6.jpg
386a3b88c68e1039461e8d2a803753f3.jpg
cf6d4dc0c573e29bc79bba4a4327d3c7.jpg
7a0735a796565814e0bc0337f3b6e31b.jpg
5b9e4299483ee3a70a50f71f943c574a.jpg
71f086415f73819aabf8cdd8012d6202.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

nice work, but is it a tad short?

Nope,

Clint uses two different guns in the "Man With No Name" Trilogy.

The first is the Colt Army, used in "Fist Full of Dollars," and "For a Few Dollars More."

9c282213b88abd184322c1e206d45704.jpg

The second is the iconic Colt Navy (conversion), used in BGU.

98a23db41d3092889ad4b01af81a71fb.jpg

The holster Blondie uses is a "quick draw" holster which leaves a lot of the firearm exposed. You can see all of the trigger guard, and most of the cylinder.

7e4c45df246f9e502900849f938865b5.jpg

The Colt Army fits nicely in this holster

bdd348ad2e0eeb826fdf7029ad10b1d0.jpg

But the Colt Navy is a cannon, and a fair amount of the barrel protrudes from the bottom.

f73fb00b3bb1b1d04a880946c47852f6.jpg

That's the look I went for, so that's probably why the holster looks slightly small.

6cb035a4b584a875bd053371b8d2eba5.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

^^Love this! What sets did you get the parts from? I'm especially interested in that holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back