[KATO WORKS]1/6 Don Draper 60's style suit interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not working?! Really? Pretty darn close if you ask me! Obviously the walls and other decoration are just stand ins. The nice lady who made the furniture doesnt have the diorama.

Mad-Men-Drapers-Office-1.jpg

madmen03dailyicon.jpg

Not working as in I can't view it. :lol

Here are a few with the collar and tie futzed more. :)

Oh, and the tie clip was a nice surprise. Thanks for that, Kato. :duff

_MG_6601.jpg

_MG_6598.jpg

_MG_6595.jpg

Marf, can you see the pic now?

Also, which watch are you using on your Draper?

BTW that's an Awesome looking Don! It is a little disconcerting with that predator lurking behind him though. lol

Marf, can you see the pic now?

Also, which watch are you using on your Draper?

BTW that's an Awesome looking Don! It is a little disconcerting with that predator lurking behind him though. lol

I can see it now! :rock The furniture looks very nice, but the chair looks to be on par with Caroline's (as seen in my first round of Don pics). Does the one in your pic feature the waffle print fabric? That's an important characteristic if you ask me.

The watch is from the DID Putin figure. Thanks for the positive feedback on Don! He's only next to the P1 for pics, but you know he would charm the tenacity right out of that ugly bastard anyway. :lol

Dane, I think you need to sand of the bicep part or swap the arms with those from TT narrow. They look to buff up and ruins the silhouette of the sleeves IMO.

Other than that, Everything else looks ace :rock

Been loving having this all finished up today it looks just beautiful... The price is still paining me a bit but couldn't pass it up. the last suit I bought for myself I spent 500 bucks on :(

Top notch as always Marf :duff

The quality of this suit just looks over-the-top... the realism of the fabric folds on the arms is just insane :google

_MG_6595.jpg

Dane, I think you need to sand of the bicep part or swap the arms with those from TT narrow. They look to buff up and ruins the silhouette of the sleeves IMO.

Other than that, Everything else looks ace :rock

Nice Marf! I agree, spent the afternoon sanding the biceps. Made ALL the difference in the world.

Been loving having this all finished up today it looks just beautiful... The price is still paining me a bit but couldn't pass it up. the last suit I bought for myself I spent 500 bucks on :(

Thanks for the input guys, I have a spare set of Narrow TT arms I might throw on there when time permits. It's not bothering me enough at the moment to undress him again. :lol I'm sure Ray's pics will change my mind.

And I hear you on the sting of the cost of the figure, Ray. But I'll be damned if I don't crack a smile every time I look at the damn thing. :)

Top notch as always Marf :duff

The quality of this suit just looks over-the-top... the realism of the fabric folds on the arms is just insane :google

Thanks GB! Kato is a genius. :exactly:

Nice Marf! I agree, spent the afternoon sanding the biceps. Made ALL the difference in the world.

Ray, how about some tips? What sand paper? Where'd you start? How long is 'all afternoon' actually? lol I need to sand my TTM16's arms down before I dress it.

Hey guys for the biceps it seemed easier just to sand than to swap out with narrow shoulder versions. Namely because the width of the shoulders of the advanced was needed to fill out Kato's suit (so that means you simply couldn't swap out the arms completely because you need the shoulders from the advanced) and the only way to swap biceps was to crack them in the center and glue them back together on the other body. sanding seemed easier and this way you did not ruin a narrow shoulder body for no reason.

I probably spent about 2-3 hours. Sandpaper would take an eternity! I just took my dremel out on high speed and kept sanding and sanding and comparing to the narrow body until the shape of the bicep/triceps of the advanced seemed similar to the narrow shoulder one. I think the triceps actually needed more sanding than the biceps.

I didn't really fuss on making it too smooth, I just made sure there were no jagged edges to snag the suit on but the biceps themselves are a little bumpy but namely you just don't want them bulging and filling out the suit like Marf's otherwise immaculate and amazing figure, the sleeves hang a lot nicer too. I'll post pics still working on a few things for my set up

That's a great point about the shoulders, Ray. I'll have to bust out the dremel then and give it a go!

Hey guys for the biceps it seemed easier just to sand than to swap out with narrow shoulder versions. Namely because the width of the shoulders of the advanced was needed to fill out Kato's suit (so that means you simply couldn't swap out the arms completely because you need the shoulders from the advanced) and the only way to swap biceps was to crack them in the center and glue them back together on the other body. sanding seemed easier and this way you did not ruin a narrow shoulder body for no reason.

I probably spent about 2-3 hours. Sandpaper would take an eternity! I just took my dremel out on high speed and kept sanding and sanding and comparing to the narrow body until the shape of the bicep/triceps of the advanced seemed similar to the narrow shoulder one. I think the triceps actually needed more sanding than the biceps.

I didn't really fuss on making it too smooth, I just made sure there were no jagged edges to snag the suit on but the biceps themselves are a little bumpy but namely you just don't want them bulging and filling out the suit like Marf's otherwise immaculate and amazing figure, the sleeves hang a lot nicer too. I'll post pics still working on a few things for my set up

Which tool did you use with the dremel ray? Just a standard sanding bit? What you anchor the body with? Forgive all the noobish questions just never tried to sand a piece of figure before.

no worries at all wake, I have a handheld dremel and just used the standard cylinder shaped sanding tool, Then when I thought it looked the right shape I just used one of the white buffing heads to smooth it a bit in case there were any jagged edges that would catch on the shirt. didn't really anchor it just held it with my left hand and dremeled away with my right!

So my don's not ready but Lucius is willing to fill in until he is...

image-4_zpsee764b8a.jpg

image-4_zpse1f2c705.jpg

image-4_zps8418eef2.jpg

image-4_zps7097df18.jpg

image-4_zps267ab974.jpg

image-4_zps6328d330.jpg

The furniture is exceptional quality. Love the fabric too. Has the right look in my opinion since I think the waffle pattern on the 1/1 scale wouldn't register in 1/6.

Which tool did you use with the dremel ray? Just a standard sanding bit? What you anchor the body with? Forgive all the noobish questions just never tried to sand a piece of figure before.

no worries at all wake, I have a handheld dremel and just used the standard cylinder shaped sanding tool, Then when I thought it looked the right shape I just used one of the white buffing heads to smooth it a bit in case there were any jagged edges that would catch on the shirt. didn't really anchor it just held it with my left hand and dremeled away with my right!

Or, another alternative would be buying the latest DX 11 joker body. :lol

Back