Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my scoops guy is telling me he is coming before the year ends, so it should be soon. He also said that Shang-Chi was going up for pre-order this week. He also said that if for some reason none of this happens it's because the future is always in motion. My scoops guy is pretty vague, but he hasn't been wrong yet!

Yeah, my scoops guy is telling me he is coming before the year ends, so it should be soon. He also said that Shang-Chi was going up for pre-order this week. He also said that if for some reason none of this happens it's because the future is always in motion. My scoops guy is pretty vague, but he hasn't been wrong yet!
Wow, mine said the same thing!

Judging by your profile it must’ve been a good day for you

If this doesn't release this week it's highly unlikely that Sideshow will get this by the already delayed October estimate. If they can't pull off Rex in a slower year of releases I don't know how they expect any semblance of order in 2022.

I can't imagine how bad this backlog is going to get by 2023-2024 when the crunch from all the new MCU and Star Wars stuff comes in over the next few months.

if I had to guess, he’ll release in September in HK. Lord knows when people who ordered from Sideshow will get theirs. I don’t think Clone Wars is very popular in Hong Kong so a smaller batch might get released there and we’ll see it come sooner like the 501st. Mando is the only Star Wars property people in Hong Kong care about lol

if I had to guess, he’ll release in September in HK. Lord knows when people who ordered from Sideshow will get theirs. I don’t think Clone Wars is very popular in Hong Kong so a smaller batch might get released there and we’ll see it come sooner like the 501st. Mando is the only Star Wars property people in Hong Kong care about lol
And hell, I don’t even think you can watch it there without a VPN

Ridiculous

I'm still waiting for Deathtrooper from a UK retailer. I just bought one from eBay a week or 2 ago because I was sick of waiting.
I might not get Rex until 6 or 7 months (probably more) after HK release, judging by my other orders.
Getting really hard to support local UK businesses with waits like these.
When was Deathtrooper released in HK? 10 or 11 months ago?

If this doesn't release this week it's highly unlikely that Sideshow will get this by the already delayed October estimate. If they can't pull off Rex in a slower year of releases I don't know how they expect any semblance of order in 2022.
Yeah, I am afraid we're in for some pretty long waits on some of the stuff that just went up for pre-order. No way they accelerate their production process and coupled with the now significant shipping delays, these things will be 24-36 months from pre-order to door. Crazy.

I'm still waiting for Deathtrooper from a UK retailer. I just bought one from eBay a week or 2 ago because I was sick of waiting.
I might not get Rex until 6 or 7 months (probably more) after HK release, judging by my other orders.
Getting really hard to support local UK businesses with waits like these.
When was Deathtrooper released in HK? 10 or 11 months ago?

Wow, Deathtrooper is ancient history. I got three of those and I can't even remember how long ago it was, but they were surely released in HK sometime in 2020.

Wow, Deathtrooper is ancient history. I got three of those and I can't even remember how long ago it was, but they were surely released in HK sometime in 2020.

I think it was around November time.
I caved in the end and bought Deathtrooper and Mando Scout from ebay. I'm sure the UK retailer will be disappointed when I cancel a bunch of figures from them but the waits for UK customers, from UK retailers has reached ridiculous levels.

where-is-he-johnny-lawrence.gif

I'm substantially less excited for Rex after handling the regular 501st clone. The armor is too fiddly, and I'm not a fan of the rubber ankle guards on the feet. Not sure why they needed to be separate piece instead of just sculpted with the foot.

Still, the clones look cool, so at least Rex has that going for him!

I'm substantially less excited for Rex after handling the regular 501st clone. The armor is too fiddly, and I'm not a fan of the rubber ankle guards on the feet. Not sure why they needed to be separate piece instead of just sculpted with the foot.

Still, the clones look cool, so at least Rex has that going for him!

I'm surprised you're not a huge fan of the 501st trooper, I think he's almost perfect and the poses you can get with him are great.

Back