Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Clone Captain Rex served the Republic during the Clone Wars, often taking orders from Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano. He viewed military service as an honor, and he always completed his mission. Fond of using two blaster pistols at the same time, Rex customized his armor with distinctive blue markings. His loyalty to the Republic and his Jedi Generals was absolute, but even this dedicated veteran soldier found himself plagued by doubts as the Clone Wars claimed more lives and brought ruin to more worlds.
Today Hot Toys is very excited to expand its stunning collectible series to Star Wars: The Clone Wars and introduce the 1/6th scale collectible figure of Captain Rex!
The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of Clone Captain Rex in the acclaimed animation series featuring meticulously crafted and finely detailed recreation of Rex’s distinctive Clone Trooper armor and helmet, interchangeable head sculpt with amazing likeness, skillfully applied weathering effects, his signature dual blaster pistols as well as a blaster rifle, a detachable jetpack, an Ahsoka’s Clone Trooper helmet, and a figure base!
Initiate your Hot Toys Star Wars: The Clone Wars collection today!

r2.jpg
r1.jpg
r4.jpg
r5.jpg
r6.jpg
r7.jpg
r8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there goes the cartoon vs realistic debate. Looks great!

Do you think the Ahsoka painted helmet can be used as a head?

I am beyond excited for this figure! I had to sell my sideshow one unfortunately and regretted it ever since.

I?m happy this includes the helmet from the finale, such a emotional arc, it?s nice to get a little memory to go with rex.

I have Cody in order and am glad they made a realistic sculpt so they will display well together.

I?m a little sad there is no ahsoka in the picture as a teaser. I?m very excited about a Hot Toys clone wars line, and really hope they use it!

This is a great release. Will look great next to Cody. Makes me wonder since this is CW, but has a live action sculpt if we will get an Ahsoka from this line. Leaning more towards older Ahsoka from Mandalorian IF that does indeed happen. I?ll pick one up.

Disappointing.

Why even go the Clone Wars cartoon route if you're not gonna at least throw in an animated sculpt in the same style as Miles/Gwen for Spider-Verse?

At least throw it in as an extra sculpt. Are they planning on making Ahsoka look like some cosplayer?

97245640_2879023108842471_2866549769935781888_n.jpg

HOTMMS567--SpiderMan-ItSV-Miles-Morales-12-FigureC_a3e60719-8126-472c-8744-84fefa4cd1a7_1024x1024.jpg

2ecd9ce045d76c133b4b62385de818ff--jedi-cosplay-star-wars-cosplay.jpg

Yeah, I agree. These aren't figures from The Clone Wars, these are prequel figures re-branded to something that is relevant at the moment.

So glad it’s realistic. Following SS footprints. Animated is too niche and figures have to be cohesive with previous released figures in the era.

So glad it?s realistic. Following SS footprints. Animated is too niche and figures have to be cohesive with previous released figures in the era.

Agreed 100%. As cool as the animated would be, this was the right move and will make the prequels collection that much better.

Milking the shjit out of original Cody sculpt, expecting the arrivals of arc-troopers Fives and Echo within very short time-frame.

Realistic sculpts are much better than animated style sculpts. Thank goodness HT agrees. I want figures that fit in with my collection. Not animated aberrations.

AWESOME! They nailed the Jango sculpt! :lol That should be following soon now too.

I would have been happy either way, but with the realistic stuff it at least fits in with all their other offerings.

Already have the SSC Phase 2 Rex, might end up with 2 Rex figures.

Hopefully those troopers behind him come with a 501st helmet as well.

Suddenly having an animated style would have been awful. So glad it?s realistic, it?s even nicer just seeing how the designs translate even if I don?t end up getting them.

Yeah, there goes any lingering interest I had in the Mudtrooper. Resources will go to this instead.

Hoping for an Anakin reissue.

Disappointing.

Why even go the Clone Wars cartoon route if you're not gonna at least throw in an animated sculpt in the same style as Miles/Gwen for Spider-Verse?

At least throw it in as an extra sculpt. Are they planning on making Ahsoka look like some cosplayer?

I?m guessing they will be basing her off of

Rosario Dawson, just a younger version. Surely they know what her Ahsoka looks like by now.

At this rate General Grievous, Sidous ROTS, Mace and rest of Prequel/Clone Wars are clearly not just the wishful thinking anymore.

Yeah, there goes any lingering interest I had in the Mudtrooper. Resources will go to this instead.

Hoping for an Anakin reissue.

Forreal, same here. Clones over anything from Solo any day of life. :lol

A reissue would be sick but I'm hoping they go further and just give us the sweet armored look.

Glad they went realistic. It would have been disappointing to have them start a sub line to an already existing line. I want to display Rex and Cody together and Rex being animated would have prevented that. A ‘deluxe’ version with an animated head may have appeased a few people wanting animated looks. Not fully accurate but maybe better than nothing?

Glad they went realistic. It would have been disappointing to have them start a sub line to an already existing line. I want to display Rex and Cody together and Rex being animated would have prevented that. A ?deluxe? version with an animated head may have appeased a few people wanting animated looks. Not fully accurate but maybe better than nothing?

Should have been both heads give fans the option and just charge more lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back