Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm inclined to believe there is also a production backlog on top of the shipping backlog.

Supply chains got upended. Working conditions are different. Everything just takes more time. It's a big domino effect.

There was story yesterday about plastics being in short supply just like semiconductors. so that could delay everything.

Everything is in short supply. The global supply chain got thrown off last year. It's not just plastics and semiconductors and such. Even computer chips - that's why there's a PlayStation 5 shortage and they can't even come close to meeting demand 6 months in. Try ordering furniture from a place - they quote you like 6-8 months these days. It's insane.

Probably going to be some time until all that gets back to normal again.

Everything is in short supply. The global supply chain got thrown off last year. It's not just plastics and semiconductors and such. Even computer chips - that's why there's a PlayStation 5 shortage and they can't even come close to meeting demand 6 months in. Try ordering furniture from a place - they quote you like 6-8 months these days. It's insane.

Probably going to be some time until all that gets back to normal again.

I'm actually in the furniture industry as a purchase manager, and can vouch for this. Before you guys try to burn Hot Toys at the stake, please read this:

https://hbr.org/2021/03/the-latest-supply-chain-disruption-plastics

Container shortages, production and transportation delays due to covid, Texas freezing, increased customer demand, and natural disasters beyond anyone's controls, have led to the perfect s#itstorm. The collectable figures market, actually has it pretty good compared to many other industries. In the furniture industry, freight has increased nearly 8x in price and you better believe the cost is passed along to the consumer.

I really thought Rex would drop soon as we haven't had a Star Wars figure drop since the Scout Trooper.

On the bright side my living room furniture is in excellent condition.

I'm actually in the furniture industry as a purchase manager, and can vouch for this. Before you guys try to burn Hot Toys at the stake, please read this:

https://hbr.org/2021/03/the-latest-supply-chain-disruption-plastics

Container shortages, production and transportation delays due to covid, Texas freezing, increased customer demand, and natural disasters beyond anyone's controls, have led to the perfect s#itstorm. The collectable figures market, actually has it pretty good compared to many other industries. In the furniture industry, freight has increased nearly 8x in price and you better believe the cost is passed along to the consumer.

Exactly. I work at a hospital and we are having shortages also. So it's impossible for me to feel even a little concerned over a delayed toy when we are having issues with supplies that literally effects peoples health.

The lack of Hot Toys releases are really affecting the mental health of these Hot Toys collectors. It has become an essential need for these dollies so these people can get comfort from them on planes, take them on walks and watch over them at night. Hot Toys needs to light the towers like in Lord of the Rings so that people can answer the call to get these dollies to their respective owners. I fear for these people. I seen a 1-800 commercial that encourages you to donate your current Hot Toys to these people to ease their pain.

The lack of Hot Toys releases are really affecting the mental health of these Hot Toys collectors. It has become an essential need for these dollies so that people can comfort them on planes, take them on walks and watch over them at night. Hot Toys needs to light the towers like in Lord of the Rings so that people can answer the call to get these dollies to their respective owners. I fear for these people. I seen a 1-800 commercial that encourages you to donate your current Hot Toys to these people to ease their pain.

*LITERAL SHOUT OF LAUGHTER!!*

I am sorry, that is the funniest thing I have read on these boards in a while. LOL!! I needed a laugh

p.s. they better not delay Jango Fett or there will be a bloodbath.

I really thought Rex would drop soon as we haven't had a Star Wars figure drop since the Scout Trooper.

We had ROS Kylo and Rey released in the last few weeks.

Wonder if they’ll postpone most head sculpt figures. Easy to mass produce and ship out the shoretroopers and clones.
I think that is why we got the ESB vader and fett anniversary reissues. And the vintage colored fett. They were easy to crank out during the pandemic since they don’t have a headsculpt. Something to get some sales while the painting of headsculpts has slowed down. I bet if Rex didn’t have the mask off head, we would have him by now.

I think that is why we got the ESB vader and fett anniversary reissues. And the vintage colored fett. They were easy to crank out during the pandemic since they don’t have a headsculpt. Something to get some sales while the painting of headsculpts has slowed down. I bet if Rex didn’t have the mask off head, we would have him by now.

I hadn't thought of it like this before, but this is a great point.

We had ROS Kylo and Rey released in the last few weeks.

You hit the nail on the head. There’s a reason why we have like 30 helmeted characters from the Mandalorian and two w head sculpts.

I hope it does not take long, since this figure passed me when I took it out sideshow and from my point of view it is better

Back