Action Figure Hot Toys - Quarter Scale 1/4 The Mandalorian and The Child (Deluxe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am good with the armor look on this one, honestly. Interested to see it in hand, but guessing it'll look stellar on the shelf. Definitely agree that the deluxe base is a big gaudy so glad I saved money and went with the regular.

Even tho I usually luv diorama bases, IMO this one is just messy. If I bought this, I'd go for the regular.

Looks better in these two reviews, but that base is just too much. If it wasn’t so much to ship from HK I’d actually get a second batch regular as it’d only be $250 using $90 worth of points, but the insane shipping which takes it up to $390 is brutal

Looks better in these two reviews, but that base is just too much. If it wasn’t so much to ship from HK I’d actually get a second batch regular as it’d only be $250 using $90 worth of points, but the insane shipping which takes it up to $390 is brutal
Shipping is $140? 😲

If HT hadn't shown the chrome version people would be all over this figure. I'm still not convinced a V2 will be made. If this one doesn't sell well HT might just just deem 1/4 scale not profitable outside of Batman and Iron Man.

Shipping is $140? 😲

If HT hadn't shown the chrome version people would be all over this figure. I'm still not convinced a V2 will be made. If this one doesn't sell well HT might just just deem 1/4 scale not profitable outside of Batman and Iron Man.
TBH for me the vid made the paint look worse - maybe the bright light dulls things. Lots of nice details otherwise tho. The rifle looks really good, and so does Grogu.

Proportions look a whole lot better in Justin's video, and I can definitely see this figure looking amazing on display with a chrome repaint and wired cape. At least for those who'd want to invest that much time and money into it.

I really don't see the need for that ugly monstrosity of a base though.

I am good with the armor look on this one, honestly. Interested to see it in hand, but guessing it'll look stellar on the shelf. Definitely agree that the deluxe base is a big gaudy so glad I saved money and went with the regular.

Even tho I usually luv diorama bases, IMO this one is just messy. If I bought this, I'd go for the regular.

I must be one of the few that don't mind the big base :)

Shipping is $140? 😲

Outrageous. Always buy local!

Outrageous. Always buy local!
Getting it from Hong Kong still works out much cheaper that buying from a UK retailer. I'm sure KG Hobby won't be charging anything like $140 to ship mine, regular version.

Getting it from Hong Kong still works out much cheaper that buying from a UK retailer. I'm sure KG Hobby won't be charging anything like $140 to ship mine, regular version.
True dat. Kg and TBA are actually really good value when it comes to shipping. I’m just trying to support the locals!!

Looks better in these two reviews, but that base is just too much.

In fact, that base is like they crashed the Satellite of Love into a Borg cube, with Crow T. Robot peeking out of the wreckage and then they slapped a mythosaur on the front for good measure. "See? This mythosaur means it all makes sense now." Grogu off to the side like someone in a pod from "The Jetsons."

This is a great figure. That base, not so much.

Not to mention that it just seems a bit wrong to see an awesome and beloved character like IG-11 made part of the rubble beneath Mando's feet.

Indeed; why not pose Mando like Kali? One foot on IG-11's head, one hand holding a spear, one hand holding a beskad, one hand holding a vibroblade and the fourth hand cradling Grogu, with a necklace of bounty-pucks on top. Sounds legit.

Yep, $140 but overall still comes out cheaper for me than getting stateside. That was for HK speedpost too, DHL almost double.

Agreed, I’d go for the regular as well.

It’s not even a diorama; it’s more like a high school art project that’s got spirit but lacks any sense or cohesion. :lol

No offense to those who like it. Parts of it are cool, but it really just feels like they threw together ideas 5 different people had. It’s messy, whereas it feels like it should be a clean and classy display piece.

Would’ve been much better as an actual scenic diorama piece; landscape based on Tatooine, Corvus, Tython, or a part of the Razor Crest, or a section of somewhere on Gideon’s cruiser.

.... have a round or oval grid base, you know that ship-floor grid they used to always use, and there's an LED underneath to light it up. Raised on a plinth, nice and noble.

Keep that mythosaur plaque in front, keep it nice and simple and that's *all you need*! we dont need all this crap that makes it look like it was scavenged from Raxus Prime. Ugh!

I ordered the deluxe version and happy with the look of it, I like mess and disorganisation. Plus it includes IG11 so I don't need to spend US$255 on TMS008.

I ordered the deluxe version and happy with the look of it, I like mess and disorganisation. Plus it includes IG11 so I don't need to spend US$255 on TMS008.
Good for you, really. I can see why people would like it. Others like me - well, agree think it's a mess of elements/themes from the show, and TBH mildly depressing ones at that - self-destruct IG, an abandoned helmet from a probably dead Mandalorian, even the E-Web - like Mando gets shot using it, etc.:crying The whole base is a real downer when you think about it :monkey3

Tho Grogu looks so good, I'd like just him in 1/4 $$$$$$$.

Back