Action Figure Hot Toys - Quarter Scale 1/4 The Mandalorian and The Child (Deluxe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the regular on pre-order without the gaudy base. I'm pretty confident it'll be great on the shelf as these initial photos rarely capture the products well. I guess I'll find out in about 3 months :)

Being the fortunate owner of the IS version (yeah, I know that one is sort of a S1/S2 version and a statue etc) at least I get what this 1/4 is like in person.

A great big honkin' Mando.

Which part of me would like...the other part of me is like, when the novelty wears off, then what. All my other figures are 1/6. Including the very nice IG and the Armorer that is on the way.

I just feel like waiting on any 1/4 fig until the inevitable shiny, shiny version is released, and TBH resent HT for that. :pfft: Kinda BS they didn't shine up this version.

Yeah I'm not impressed tbh. The 6th scale proportions are better. The quarter scale looks too beefy in the torso, and missed leg day in the legs. The paint doesn't wow me either. I have the quarter scale Vader, and in my opinion it looks more accurate than the Mando to their on screen counterparts.

Being the fortunate owner of the IS version (yeah, I know that one is sort of a S1/S2 version and a statue etc) at least I get what this 1/4 is like in person.

A great big honkin' Mando.

Which part of me would like...the other part of me is like, when the novelty wears off, then what. All my other figures are 1/6. Including the very nice IG and the Armorer that is on the way.

I just feel like waiting on any 1/4 fig until the inevitable shiny, shiny version is released, and TBH resent HT for that. :pfft: Kinda BS they didn't shine up this version.

Iron Studios Mando is and will be king of larger scale Mando statues unless Prime 1 or Queen gets the license someday.

Huh, don't really like the Iron Studios either. Fabric looks obviously sculpted and that chestpiece sticks out weirdly. The suit color is also wrong among a bunch of other little things.

Last edited:
Huge swing and a miss. I only got into this hobby a couple years ago. If there weren’t business reasons to get this it would be the first PO that I cancel.

It has so much that needs to be fixed. The armor finish is just objectively wrong. It has diffused corrosion all over it that he never had in the show. He literally looks rusty like IG-11 not shiny like Mando. The S2 Thigh is completely wrong and they didn’t even attempt to capture the look of its finish. The knee is not weathered or detailed correctly. The proportions are all off.

I’ve defended HT recently but the more I think about the QS001 re-release and see this the more I come to accept they’re basically in decline now. I think someone (HC probably) is more worried about being a business man, stifling competition, and the bottom line than anything to do with the art of these things.

If there’s no art to it it’s not worth the price of admission to me.
Agreed, the weathering on this is so one-note, with just that same brown speckling all over that they give everything, and which isn't accurate to the show at all. I'm honestly not crazy about how it looks on IG either, but at least he's in a much smaller scale.

Iron Studios Mando is and will be king of larger scale Mando statues unless Prime 1 or Queen gets the license someday.
Haha debatable if I can afford those anyway.

Huh, don't really like the Iron Studios either. Fabric looks obviously sculpted and that chestpiece sticks out weirdly. The suit color is also wrong among a bunch of other little things.

This is wrong thread so I won't go over all your points - but having the IS piece in hand, I'll just say it's SATISFYING. Like if I owned only one Mando piece, this would be it.:love:

But for me I have figures too, and while am pretty happy with my Mando 1/6s - am slapping back the "gimmee!" instinct for a 1/4 Mando fig. There IS something about having a 1/4 u could haul outside, pose, etc. Make the cape blow dramatically and all that:frank.

But there's other &^%$ I want $$$$$.

This is wrong thread so I won't go over all your points - but having the IS piece in hand, I'll just say it's SATISFYING. Like if I owned only one Mando piece, this would be it.:love:

But for me I have figures too, and while am pretty happy with my Mando 1/6s - am slapping back the "gimmee!" instinct for a 1/4 Mando fig. There IS something about having a 1/4 u could haul outside, pose, etc. Make the cape blow dramatically and all that:frank.

I do dig the IS piece but I already have the season one Mando from MYC that is in the same pose with Grogu in the pram. I like the HT QS because I can pose it to be something different from that same pose. Hard to argue with what IS did with theirs though!

For anyone wanting this guy I see TBA has both versions available now. As well as 1/4 Scale Grogu.

Ready! Hot Toys QS018 STAR WARS THE MANDALORIAN 1/4 THE CHILD | Toys Buying Agent

1340HKD (with code) = roughly $172 shipped

Ready! Hot Toys QS017 STAR WARS 1/4 THE MANDALORIAN & THE CHILD DELUXE VERSION | Toys Buying Agent

4740HKD (with code) = roughly $607

Ready! Hot Toys QS016 STAR WARS 1/4 THE MANDALORIAN & THE CHILD REGULAR VER | Toys Buying Agent

3580HKD (with code) = roughly $460
What’s this code you’re mentioning?

Edit: NVM I found it in their home page. I went ahead and ordered a standard version from them with express delivery. I have the deluxe on PO from sideshow but who knows how long it will be before they get their inventory.

As disappointing as the finish on this thing is I think it will look fantastic painted up and I’m hopeful this will get to me before the holidays now so I can start making all the accessories it should have come with.

Last edited:
For anyone wanting this guy I see TBA has both versions available now. As well as 1/4 Scale Grogu.

Ready! Hot Toys QS018 STAR WARS THE MANDALORIAN 1/4 THE CHILD | Toys Buying Agent

Ready! Hot Toys QS017 STAR WARS 1/4 THE MANDALORIAN & THE CHILD DELUXE VERSION | Toys Buying Agent

Ready! Hot Toys QS016 STAR WARS 1/4 THE MANDALORIAN & THE CHILD REGULAR VER | Toys Buying Agent

The base is $160 more? That's insane. Great price on the regular there.

The regular is priced really well. Works out at £365. One I have on pre-order with KG Hobby comes to nearly 400.

I'm learning pre-ordering these figures is often not cost effectice. Prices on releases are usually better.

The proportions are probably at the bottom of my list of complaints. I think the head might be a bit small but idk for sure.

The legs look gangly in some pics BUT I think the character actually looks a bit barrel chested and thin at the waist and thighs sometimes so IMO thats accurate as long as it’s not too extreme.

I think the proportions are overall good on the figure, nothing majorly bothers me. I agree, I think the helmet looks a tad small, but I'm sure in hand it'll be fine to my eye.

For the money you’d expect it to really wow you…. All the S1 and S2 accessories (staff and dark Saber), head sculpt, and probably a more chrome look (though I’ve maintained the armour has various dull to shiny looks).

Also, I find the sixth scale looks better proportions, helmet looks better. For the price and at that scale you’d expect a near perfect Mando and set.

Also the base is awful. Should have been part of the Razor Crest cock pit or something. Something that was actual on the show.

While I do like the big base, I do agree, it would've been much better if a scene/show specific diorama was included, like the Razor Crest cockpit, heck there's various settings to choose from the show to recreate lol

To be honest looking at it more, the overall the proportions are better than the current 1/6 and the colors are more accurate than the 1/6. I always thought the 1/6's hips were too wide and this one has that straight narrow look.

The only area the 1/6 might have a slight edge is helmet size (debatable since his body looks more beefed up in parts of S2) and maybe shine.

I agree!

Agreed, the weathering on this is so one-note, with just that same brown speckling all over that they give everything, and which isn't accurate to the show at all. I'm honestly not crazy about how it looks on IG either, but at least he's in a much smaller scale.

Hmm, I'd like to think HT adds that speckling to figures out of sheer practice, for their attempts to make the figures appear realistic. For me it doesn't detract from the look and I just chalk it up as soot/dirt he picks up from shootouts lol

So Sassafras, I take it you won't be picking up this 1/4 Manda? :monkey3

For the money you’d expect it to really wow you…. All the S1 and S2 accessories (staff and dark Saber), head sculpt, and probably a more chrome look (though I’ve maintained the armour has various dull to shiny looks).

Also, I find the sixth scale looks better proportions, helmet looks better. For the price and at that scale you’d expect a near perfect Mando and set.

Also the base is awful. Should have been part of the Razor Crest cock pit or something. Something that was actual on the show.
Woah now! Didn’t you know you’re not allowed to complain about the value for money? It’s an imported product and also Hot Toys can charge whatever they want for their work! It’s up to you if you decide to pay it or not!

- Certain person(s)

Damn TBA has already shipped mine out AND refunded the extra shipping I paid because the cheaper one was going to be faster!

So Sassafras, I take it you won't be picking up this 1/4 Manda? :monkey3
lol never say never.

U can be innocently wandering thru BBTS, and there's this 50% off or something. :lol
Especially the after-Christmas sales.
Plus, there is the attraction of being able to pose/repose. Looking forward to seeing the repaints on this.
But, I'll be able to drown my grief over this BIG figure thinking about my BIG paid-off HASBRO Razor Crest:chug which I can also play with:p

Last edited:
My criticism of this fig is a bit moot as I was never going to buy it anyway. Dont collect 1/4 scale but....
Proportions do look a bit off. You can probably hide that with a decent pose though.
The dull paint work is the biggest deal breaker. It's so dull. Needs proper chrome paint.
I bet there'll be some great custom paint jobs out there though.

Back