Action Figure Hot Toys - Quarter Scale 1/4 The Mandalorian and The Child (Deluxe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My criticism of this fig is a bit moot as I was never going to buy it anyway. Dont collect 1/4 scale but....
Proportions do look a bit off. You can probably hide that with a decent pose though.
The dull paint work is the biggest deal breaker. It's so dull. Needs proper chrome paint.
I bet there'll be some great custom paint jobs out there though.
For me, in 1/6 am good with Mando 1, 2, and eventually shiny version 3. It's a whole arc on the shelf, plus it's screen accurate as far as some shots the armor is less shiny etc.

But in 1/4 it's too big not to have *glittering Beskar* IMO. We all saw those shots when the armor was like, eye-blinding. Anyway u know HT is just gonna release another 1/4 with shiny Beskar and Hulkbuster prices. :horror

I would imagine HT will eventually offer the 1/4 with the upgraded chrome beskar armor, as they did with the 1/6. It might even make it worth buying except based on the 1/6 price the 1/4 would probably run $850.

I would imagine HT will eventually offer the 1/4 with the upgraded chrome beskar armor, as they did with the 1/6. It might even make it worth buying except based on the 1/6 price the 1/4 would probably run $850.
I'd be very shocked if they did another 1/4 Mando just for shinier armor. The 1/4 figures don't sell anywhere near the quantity of their 1/6 figures.
Every single one of their 1/4 figures so far have not sold out for a very long time and have even gone on 10% discounts on Sideshow (like the recent 1/4 Mark 3 and 1/4 Spider-Man Figure). I wouldn't expect another 1/4 Mando any time soon or ever.

Considering trying this chrome finish I developed at 1/4 before Alumaluster. I have a Jsin props helmet painted in alumaluster and can confirm it looks about like the stock 1:6 finish.

This brings up an interesting question though. To make something look like in universe Beskar, should it be Alumaluster, which IMO doesn’t look that metallic to the naked eye, or should it be brighter?

The show is counting on their ability to light scenes to make the props look real. In hand is different, and I feel this more metallic finish reminds me of what we see on screen more even if it’s not as accurate to the prop.

I’m curious what everyone else’s thoughts are?

E6CBEDB1-F638-4F46-BA98-EB084167007B.jpeg

Hmmm, based on the photos/vids thus far, the armor paint seems to be similar, maybe identical to the 1/6 V1 beskar, which does look good - though, I do wish they would've made it more chrome-y like the upcoming S2. Still, I'm pretty excited for this 1/4 Mando!

Perhaps it would've been better if they made the OG in 1/4 first, then a proper chromed out beskar version with un-helmeted head sculpt later down the line. A 1/4 OG armor version would look fantastic, as that design just evokes SW in my opinion.

Yeah I think that OG armor probably would have made for a better looking figure, judging by how cool the 1/6 figure looks. Although I can see why HT would think it smarter to make the armor that's appeared in the vast majority of the series.

And if only they had chromed up the armor more it probably would have been a spectacular, must have figure.

I was thinking this last night how if it had been OG Mando it’d have been a grail piece for me. HT could have done well then, 1/4 OG Mando that would likely sell well, then once it was sold out 1/4 Beskar chrome plated Mando with headsculpt which would also sell.

I have really mixed feelings on this figure. Mine should be here tomorrow and I’m super excited but not because of the figure itself but what I believe I can turn it into. That means the figure is actually pretty disappointing IMO.

A brand new release should be exciting not a project…

Would it not have made more sense for HT to have either released it before they showed the chrome Mando or delayed it while they added the chrome paint and Pedro sculpt to this figure?

If hardly anyone buys this figure we might not get that V2 Beskar Mando in 1/4 scale. HT really don't help themselves.

Would it not have made more sense for HT to have either released it before they showed the chrome Mando or delayed it while they added the chrome paint and Pedro sculpt to this figure?

If hardly anyone buys this figure we might not get that V2 Beskar Mando in 1/4 scale. HT really don't help themselves.

Yeah I was hoping they'd update the paint to match the new v2, but it seems it's similar to the v1.

Yeah I was hoping they'd update the paint to match the new v2, but it seems it's similar to the v1.

They weren't going to deviate from what they solicited unless it was announced, unfortunately.

But I don't really mind the finish on the Season 1 Beskar figure.

I don't know if I would trust the amount of chrome plate on a 1/4 Mandalorian figure honestly. Knowing Hot Toys, something could go very wrong.

I'm just kind of surprised they keep doing 1/4 figures. I guess they must sell well enough, but demand always seems to taper off real quick.

Except for the MIA 1/4 Stormtrooper. I would buy that.

They weren't going to deviate from what they solicited unless it was announced, unfortunately.

But I don't really mind the finish on the Season 1 Beskar figure.

I don't know if I would trust the amount of chrome plate on a 1/4 Mandalorian figure honestly. Knowing Hot Toys, something could go very wrong.

I'm just kind of surprised they keep doing 1/4 figures. I guess they must sell well enough, but demand always seems to taper off real quick.

Except for the MIA 1/4 Stormtrooper. I would buy that.

Agreed, I don't mind the finish on the S1 either.

Yeah the 1/4 figures seem to garner less interest and the releases seem few and far between, compared to the onslaught of 1/6. Oh man, that 1/4 Stromtrooper, I'd defs be interested in that one!

Agreed, I don't mind the finish on the S1 either.

Yeah the 1/4 figures seem to garner less interest and the releases seem few and far between, compared to the onslaught of 1/6. Oh man, that 1/4 Stromtrooper, I'd defs be interested in that one!
Can only speak for myself - for me if 1/4 scale statues didn't exist, it'd be a no-brainer. But a 1/4 figure is kind of a stand-alone; and meanwhile I have 1/6 that look similar.

If I had money to burn and a lot of space, it'd be one thing - but money spent on this could go to a Kuiil or something else that works with my other figs.

Got fascination for a Mando this size that could be reposed, but...had to be like Indy's dad...let it go..... :lol
For now, anyway.:monkey3

Call me cynical... but I fully expect Hot Toys to release a 1/4 version with "shiny" Beskar and a Din head sculpt version in about 6 months. I'm going to hold off on this, specifically for that reason.

Hot Toys is literally re-releasing everything lately... 1/6 shiny Beskar Mando v2, 1/4 Batman v2, 1/6 Catwoman v2.

Last edited:
Proportions look a whole lot better in Justin's video, and I can definitely see this figure looking amazing on display with a chrome repaint and wired cape. At least for those who'd want to invest that much time and money into it.

I really don't see the need for that ugly monstrosity of a base though.

Proportions are still too wide, beefy and stubby looking. The shoulders just look SUPER wide with no trap muscles so it just looks like a straight line going from one shoulder to the other.

This needs some body swap/modification and the armor bits repainted. It's just not good enough for me as stock to pick it up. They're doing a better job with the 1/6 version.

NVjwYRQ.png

Last edited:
5A49BEE3-0D2D-4637-934B-26AF35CC8574.jpeg

He is quite beefy though. The only time he isn’t that beefy is when Pedro is in the suit ;-)

I am good with the armor look on this one, honestly. Interested to see it in hand, but guessing it'll look stellar on the shelf. Definitely agree that the deluxe base is a big gaudy so glad I saved money and went with the regular.

Back