Action Figure Hot Toys - Quarter Scale 1/4 The Mandalorian and The Child (Deluxe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow with their unboxing video

Looks like the proto was improved a bit, the head doesn't look super small anymore

Damn that looks just as disappointing as the proto to me. Super bland and dull paintjob and the figures proportions looks so wide, boxy and stubby to me.

I don't think they really changed anything at all. Will stick with the 1/6 Season 2 Mando. He just looks way too beefed up like it's Henry Cavil wearing the outfit or something.

zvzP1jb.png

263427453_10158359615492344_8744550522906399935_n.jpg

263414855_10158359615922344_7933015907848713724_n.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno, that armor looks dull as aluminum and the lack of S2 accessories is a downer. I’d like a 1/4 Mando, but don’t know about this. I’m more excited for the S2 1/6 figure coming up.

Yeah the proportions still seem too far off on this. And while I could live with the dull silver paint job on the 1/6 figure, it looks especially underwhelming in 1/4 scale and so much more like just painted plastic.

I will say that Grogu figure looks really nice though with that cloth outfit.

Huge swing and a miss. I only got into this hobby a couple years ago. If there weren’t business reasons to get this it would be the first PO that I cancel.

It has so much that needs to be fixed. The armor finish is just objectively wrong. It has diffused corrosion all over it that he never had in the show. He literally looks rusty like IG-11 not shiny like Mando. The S2 Thigh is completely wrong and they didn’t even attempt to capture the look of its finish. The knee is not weathered or detailed correctly. The proportions are all off.

I’ve defended HT recently but the more I think about the QS001 re-release and see this the more I come to accept they’re basically in decline now. I think someone (HC probably) is more worried about being a business man, stifling competition, and the bottom line than anything to do with the art of these things.

If there’s no art to it it’s not worth the price of admission to me.

It has so much that needs to be fixed. The armor finish is just objectively wrong. It has diffused corrosion all over it that he never had in the show. He literally looks rusty like IG-11 not shiny like Mando.
Bingo. They add this weird black weathering on it (that's also on the 1/6 Season 2 version) when he never had that during the entire show. It's suppose to be shiny Beskar, not rusted regular metal.

The way they painted the armor makes it feel it's some cheap plastic. Doesn't give off the feeling that it's metal.

il_fullxfull.2751256598_gs26.jpg

Bingo. They add this weird black weathering on it (that's also on the 1/6 Season 2 version) when he never had that during the entire show. It's suppose to be shiny Beskar, not rusted regular metal.

The way they painted the armor makes it feel it's some cheap plastic. Doesn't give off the feeling that it's metal.

il_fullxfull.2751256598_gs26.jpg
I’ve already decided I’ll be painting mine as well as printing new right thighs both S1 and S2. I’ll also scale up my spear designs and plan to make a dark saber and more accurate Grogu tote for this figure.

I’ve gotten great results on metallic finishes before but I think I’ll try real Alumaluster for this one. If it goes well and there’s interest I may offer full armor repaint services. Of course this will be expensive but since it’s all removable and doesn’t require complex brush work or masking I can probably keep it reasonable. I could lump in thighs and spears as a part of it too.

My opinion is 1/4 is only worth owning if it’s definitive. I’ll be happy to try to help anyone who shares that opinion get this figure there and I can guarantee it will be cheaper than getting a second 2.0 version down the road.

Mando can be quite bulky but I think it’s all about the poses you make with this guy. Pose it correctly and it looks like a man in a suit. Pose it wrong and it looks like a toy.

some of these blogger photos are awesome.

Attachments

• 2E766FB2-38B1-4094-8BA9-3F9E953EF99C.jpeg
    2E766FB2-38B1-4094-8BA9-3F9E953EF99C.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 102
  • D6407AD5-8170-4667-A21E-8D5F31C0CE12.jpeg
    D6407AD5-8170-4667-A21E-8D5F31C0CE12.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 733CE69C-4C57-44CD-9018-A66371D75E3B.jpeg
    733CE69C-4C57-44CD-9018-A66371D75E3B.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 1DB230FC-21F7-4CB7-A5A0-E61213362375.jpeg
    1DB230FC-21F7-4CB7-A5A0-E61213362375.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 95
  • C4AC0E68-1655-4FD3-9D9B-4E62D0356B1A.jpeg
    C4AC0E68-1655-4FD3-9D9B-4E62D0356B1A.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 107
Mando can be quite bulky but I think it’s all about the poses you make with this guy. Pose it correctly and it looks like a man in a suit. Pose it wrong and it looks like a toy.

some of these blogger photos are awesome.
The proportions are probably at the bottom of my list of complaints. I think the head might be a bit small but idk for sure.

The legs look gangly in some pics BUT I think the character actually looks a bit barrel chested and thin at the waist and thighs sometimes so IMO thats accurate as long as it’s not too extreme.

I’ve already decided I’ll be painting mine as well as printing new right thighs both S1 and S2. I’ll also scale up my spear designs and plan to make a dark saber and more accurate Grogu tote for this figure.

I’ve gotten great results on metallic finishes before but I think I’ll try real Alumaluster for this one. If it goes well and there’s interest I may offer full armor repaint services. Of course this will be expensive but since it’s all removable and doesn’t require complex brush work or masking I can probably keep it reasonable. I could lump in thighs and spears as a part of it too.

My opinion is 1/4 is only worth owning if it’s definitive. I’ll be happy to try to help anyone who shares that opinion get this figure there and I can guarantee it will be cheaper than getting a second 2.0 version down the road.
I'd be interested in that repaint. It's the only thing that really bothers me on the figure.

Would still buy a 2.0 quarter scale if it came with a Pedro sculpt though.

For the money you’d expect it to really wow you…. All the S1 and S2 accessories (staff and dark Saber), head sculpt, and probably a more chrome look (though I’ve maintained the armour has various dull to shiny looks).

Also, I find the sixth scale looks better proportions, helmet looks better. For the price and at that scale you’d expect a near perfect Mando and set.

Also the base is awful. Should have been part of the Razor Crest cock pit or something. Something that was actual on the show.

For the money you’d expect it to really wow you…. All the S1 and S2 accessories (staff and dark Saber), head sculpt, and probably a more chrome look (though I’ve maintained the armour has various dull to shiny looks).

Also, I find the sixth scale looks better proportions, helmet looks better. For the price and at that scale you’d expect a near perfect Mando and set.

Also the base is awful. Should have been part of the Razor Crest cock pit or something. Something that was actual on the show.
I have the regular on pre-order without the gaudy base. I'm pretty confident it'll be great on the shelf as these initial photos rarely capture the products well. I guess I'll find out in about 3 months :)

To be honest looking at it more, the overall the proportions are better than the current 1/6 and the colors are more accurate than the 1/6. I always thought the 1/6's hips were too wide and this one has that straight narrow look.

The only area the 1/6 might have a slight edge is helmet size (debatable since his body looks more beefed up in parts of S2) and maybe shine.

Last edited:
I have the regular on pre-order without the gaudy base. I'm pretty confident it'll be great on the shelf as these initial photos rarely capture the products well. I guess I'll find out in about 3 months :)
Exactly how I feel. Went with the regular to. When they eventually make the 2.0 I'll stick the Pedro sculpt on this one.

Really glad I cancelled my pre-order while I still had a chance to use the deposit on something else. They really missed the mark on this. It’ll be sitting in-stock at most places for the next 2+ years. The only thing that video succeeded at was making the TMS015 look better.

For me, the paint job kills my enthusiasm for this. I can live without the season 2 extras, but for god sake that paint is dull.

Back