1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Brutasha thing was referenced in CW, which leads me to believe it will be addressed in Infinity War when they next meet ... I hope it's done quickly and minimally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, the Brutasha thing happened. Still stupid as hell but I'm happy Joss at least ended it the way he did and they only slightly referenced it in Civil War. I even almost took it as the Russo's wanting to remove that thing as well. Nat just gives a "oh yeah...we had a thing" look for a second and just says do you really think he'd be on our side. I think it's best if we just try to ignore it. XD but if they HAVE to ref it in Infinity War, just make it a small thing and get Nat with Bucky already! XD

I don't think they should romantically link her to any character in the future.

That ship sailed when they linked her up with the Hulk... should've linked her up with Hawkeye and call it a day from the get go.

Whedon managed to **** up three characters romances in one film :lol

Haha part of me kinda hoped that Clint's family would get murdered ala Ultimates just so we could somehow get Bobbi in the films so we could have Clint and Bobbi get together....I might be wrong but wasn't it Nat who murdered his family? But I wouldn't know since I hate the Ultimate universe aside from Ultimate Spidey pre Ultimatum. XD but Clint and Bobbi are hands down, my favorite Marvel comics couple ever aside from Reed and Sue.

I'm assuming Clint was one of the romances you were talking about. What's the other?

Whedon managed to **** up three characters romances in one film :lol

Whedon has always had some.......interesting opinions when it came to which of his characters to romantically pair up. Sometimes I seriously think he just throws darts at a cast photo and then pairs up whoever they hit. :lol

The Bruce Banner-Black Widow relationship seemed unnecessary, but I didn't utterly loathe it and was able to go with it. It didn't ruin the film for me, it was just sort of...there. When I first watched AoU, I was just sort of like, "Oh...um, ok I guess."

Part of me thinks it's possible that it was there just to help illustrate (the talk about a committed relationship and children not being a possibility and just shutting her off and disappearing in the QuinJet) how much Banner considered himself a threat to society and how he needed to go into exile by adding more gravity to it in the form of a relationship.

Nice analysis

Thanks! :duff

Yeah that's how I justified the relationship ... There needed somebody to care when the Hulk decided to disappear ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha that's a perfect way to describe it, I love the Russos, they totally get it!

I do hope they don't involve her with anyone. She is a cool character and doesn't need a romantic interest to shine. I had no problem with her relationship with banner, it was unnecessary, but it didn't bother me. I disliked the "I'm also a monster cause I can't have children" talk. I hate when women are reduced to their ability to procreate.

Do you basically dislike any character who isn't troubled with their past or has self-esteem issues, or makes wrong calls romantically? People tend to have all those flaws and make those mistakes.

Natasha may feel vulnerable and gets attached to Bruce by working with him over time. Office affairs happen.

To intensely dislike that aspect of AoU seems to me to come from overanalising (how's that word spelled, for goodness' sake). They got close, they thought hey thats cool, it may work, then they realized it wouldn't. Just like real life.

Two cents.

Anybody got new photos of the figure? XD

Do you basically dislike any character who isn't troubled with their past or has self-esteem issues, or makes wrong calls romantically? People tend to have all those flaws and make those mistakes.

Natasha may feel vulnerable and gets attached to Bruce by working with him over time. Office affairs happen.

To intensely dislike that aspect of AoU seems to me to come from overanalising (how's that word spelled, for goodness' sake). They got close, they thought hey thats cool, it may work, then they realized it wouldn't. Just like real life.

Two cents.

Anybody got new photos of the figure? XD

Over-analysing, lol.
As for the intense dislike of a relationship between Bruce and Nat we have been seeing in this thread, it's bordering on an "aspergers style" young man's need for a hot girl to remain single. I have no problem with Widow dating Banner. It's only a story. Let's just see where they take it. None of you guys would have a chance with Widow anyway, lol.

Over-analysing, lol.
As for the intense dislike of a relationship between Bruce and Nat we have been seeing in this thread, it's bordering on an "aspergers style" young man's need for a hot girl to remain single. I have no problem with Widow dating Banner. It's only a story. Let's just see where they take it. None of you guys would have a chance with Widow anyway, lol.

:lol :lol

Don't think the so called reference in CW was that big. She was basically mocking Tony after he mentioned the Hulk. It's like you've broke up with your gf for a while but suddenly somebody asked you to find her and you would be like "oh yeah who knows where she is."

Not a young man - or a man at all - but I too disliked Widow's "romance" in AoU. It all seemed out of character. The Russo's just get her more, I think. That being said, I definitely wouldn't hate seeing Bucky as a supporting character in a Black Widow movie now that Clint is off the market :wink1: :lol

They still don't show us if BW have any regenerating abilities :lol I'm always waiting for her to get hurt!

They still don't show us if BW have any regenerating abilities :lol I'm always waiting for her to get hurt!

Well, it did seem like she broke/twisted her ankle in The Avengers when Hawkeye attacked the Helicarrier. She was running around in the Chitauri battle, so I assume she either has crazy high pain tolerance or regenerative abilities. Both seem plausible! Not to mention how quickly she was back to kicking butt after getting shot in TWS.

Well, it did seem like she broke/twisted her ankle in The Avengers when Hawkeye attacked the Helicarrier. She was running around in the Chitauri battle, so I assume she either has crazy high pain tolerance or regenerative abilities. Both seem plausible! Not to mention how quickly she was back to kicking butt after getting shot in TWS.

Now I remember her body scar in TWS, does that rule out any abilities she had?

Back