1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't bother me any, I think it worked quite well actually. They both make each other vulnerable. She is afraid of Hulk, but at the same time she really empathizes with Bruce and everything he has gone through. Their abilities to many are their greatest attributes but they both lost a lot to get them. Neither one wanted the life they have.

Those are good points, especially the last sentence.

It didn't bother me any, I think it worked quite well actually. They both make each other vulnerable. She is afraid of Hulk, but at the same time she really empathizes with Bruce and everything he has gone through. Their abilities to many are their greatest attributes but they both lost a lot to get them. Neither one wanted the life they have.

I see a difference in that Bruce willingly underwent experimentation and Natasha was forced into the Black Widow role, but it is interesting to note that most of the Avengers (at least in AoU) aren't in the life they wanted. Steve wanted a normal life after the war and didn't get one, Natasha's childhood was stolen and she's eternally seeking redemption, Wanda lost everything, Bruce is miserable, and - heck - even Tony didn't choose to have an arc reactor embedded in his chest. The only ones who didn't have something (innocence, agency, freedom, etc) forcibly taken from them in order to become Avengers are Hawkeye and Thor. Superheroes are tragic :lol

I see a difference in that Bruce willingly underwent experimentation and Natasha was forced into the Black Widow role, but it is interesting to note that most of the Avengers (at least in AoU) aren't in the life they wanted. Steve wanted a normal life after the war and didn't get one, Natasha's childhood was stolen and she's eternally seeking redemption, Wanda lost everything, Bruce is miserable, and - heck - even Tony didn't choose to have an arc reactor embedded in his chest. The only ones who didn't have something (innocence, agency, freedom, etc) forcibly taken from them in order to become Avengers are Hawkeye and Thor. Superheroes are tragic :lol

Good posting and points. With Cap, it was also evident in TWS when he was walking around in his civvie Steve figure outfit. He expressed to both Peggy and Sam that he was looking to get out, but didn't know what he would do with himself if he did.

He kind of seemed to come to the realization at the end of AoU that his current life is all he knows...for now at least.

True, Bruce did volunteer for the experiment, but it should be reaffirmed that he didn't expect anything but a resistance to radiation. So in a sense, he was forced into his current role as well, especially considering how many times the military has knocked on his doorstep and willingly provoked the Hulk - something he never really wanted, as Natasha had never really wanted the role of Black Widow.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Black Widow Figure

I'm contemplating getting her, but I have the CATWS one so I'm on the fence about it. I guess I could also just buy the head and hands separately after she comes out without buying the whole thing and save some money, just pair them with the CATWS one. HRmm. I imagine her face probably looks nicer in person, too. I know the CATWS one did.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Black Widow Figure

I'm contemplating getting her, but I have the CATWS one so I'm on the fence about it. I guess I could also just buy the head and hands separately after she comes out without buying the whole thing and save some money, just pair them with the CATWS one. HRmm. I imagine her face probably looks nicer in person, too. I know the CATWS one did.

Have you considered selling the WS one? This one might be superior altogether...

The lack of love for Black Widow this week hurts me. Shall we add some Scarlett gifs to warm this up a bit?

Anyway, its a shame no civilian clothing BW is announced. She looked so good at the beginning of the movie. Has anyone seen a good coat that one could put over her uniform, to achieve the look?

The lack of love for Black Widow this week hurts me. Shall we add some Scarlett gifs to warm this up a bit?

Anyway, its a shame no civilian clothing BW is announced. She looked so good at the beginning of the movie. Has anyone seen a good coat that one could put over her uniform, to achieve the look?

Totally agree, dude. I have a mighty need to buy two extra head sculpts to bash up a Nat from the beginning of the film as well as one during the Bucky breakout....and maybe a third for the custom WS Nat I have as well. XD I LOVE both of the looks she had in those specific bits of the film.

686528.jpg

56d4dc7d68b71.jpg

Captain_America_Civil-War-Cap-Black-Widow-Sharon-Falcon.jpg

If one's lacking funds, like me, just the coat will do. I'll put it over her bodysuit and it shouldn't look bad at all.

I would love a Black Widow film because even after all of her appearances in these MCU films, I know very little about the character. Who are her main villians? Is she only ever with SHIELD when she's not with the Avengers?

We know where Tony lives, we saw Capt's apartment, we have seen Thor's chamber and Barton's house...what about Natasha's apartment? Does she live in a decent place? Does she have catsuits in her closet?

I still hope to order her with a July code...

We know where Tony lives, we saw Capt's apartment, we have seen Thor's chamber and Barton's house...what about Natasha's apartment? Does she live in a decent place? Does she have catsuits in her closet?

She lives in a dustbin and doesn't own any clothing of her own.

She lives in NYC and spends her Friday nights watching rom coms :lol
black-widow.jpeg

She even dated Ultron :panic:

Well, based on AoU, for Hawkeye's kids to refer to her as "Auntie", I'm guessing she probably spends quite a lot of time at Barton's house. :lol

Back