Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy to see this! I'm surprised we never got a TS mech test cave version lol. Doubtful, but a deluxe edition 2 pack to go with the diecast Mark 1 would be an instant PO.
View attachment 530868
Surprised we never got this as well. I don't think they'll make it but you never know with Hot Toys and Iron Man.

I'll probably display the Mark 1 with the test suit version.

tony-stark-mech-test-version_marvel_gallery_5f19e4cc9217b.jpg

I think going back to Ironman 1 when he comes stomping out of that cave in the MK1 with the ground shaking, that armor looked huge but you’re right...it couldn’t be that tall, just like RDJ show lifts, most height would be gained in the feet.

a 2 pack is what would just set this over the top especially if the sculpt is really good, but guaranteed we’d be heading into $600+ territory easy.

Mark 3 needs more than a reissue. That figure needs to be completely remade from scratch. Probably one of the most disappointing diecast IM figures I've ever laid my eyes on. Zero waist and ab articulation (aside from a dumb switch out part), no ankle articulation, shorter than it should be and incorrect color. The shoulder joint also doesn't come out of the body like all the other IM figures do. Just an all around really disappointing figure. Crazy how they messed up such an iconic suit.

Give me this in a form of a 1/6 figure thanks:

david-weaver-mark-iii-grid-3k-web.jpg
I'll never forget when the DC Mk3 arrived, there had been a few blogger photos where it looked off but I figured it would look better in person. I set it up on my shelf... and my eyes always caught it, and not in a good way. The color an proportions were so bad. Even from across the room, it looked like a cheap knockoff. I kept if for like 3 days, packed it up and sold it. I have never gotten rid of something so fast.

Easy order. As someone who missed the Iron Man stuff the first time around... very happy they are revisiting. Already have the Mech Test Set Ordered. Just need to get the Mark 3 Diecast and this for a nice IM1 shelf.
This is where my thinking is at as well. I would love to have Mk1, Mech Test and a new Mk3 on the shelf to represent the MCU in my collection. A revisit to FA Cap and Thor1 would be cool too.

So are we going to see this TONIGHT... or THURSDAY?

Predictions on what might be different/new/fixed on this Mark I?

Larger/scaled up?
Removable helmet?
New Tony sculpt?
New flame accessory?
TWO flame accessories?
New stand with Stark Rocket?

I'm not considering a two-pack with a standalone Tony, but I suppose its possible.

Anything else people would like to see?

BTW, while some here try to justify the shorty Mk I -- here are some pictures why I think the viewer is left with the image of a more hulking Mk I...

5902989-iron-man-mark-1-suit-001.jpg

mcp7wg6esyn21.jpg

This is not a sleek and form-fitting suit like most of the armors. This is a bulky mess of metal and protective plates covering gears and gizmos to operate it.

Mk I is not a stealth fighter -- it should be a tank.

Last edited:
So are we going to see this TONIGHT... or THURSDAY?

Predictions on what might be different/new/fixed on this Mark I?

Larger/scaled up?
Removable helmet?
New Tony sculpt?
New flame accessory?
TWO flame accessories?
New stand with Stark Rocket?

I'm not considering a two-pack with a standalone Tony, but I suppose its possible.

Anything else people would like to see?

BTW, while some here try to justify the shorty Mk I -- here are some pictures why I think the viewer is left with the image of a more hulking Mk I...

View attachment 530904

View attachment 530905

This is not a sleek and form-fitting suit like most of the armors. This is a bulky mess of metal and protective plates covering gears and gizmos to operate it.

Mk I is not a stealth fighter -- it should be a tank.
Don’t confuse height with bulk though.

You can still be a short tank lol

Or you can be tall and lanky like that helicopter pilot from Road Warrior.

Back