Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope he comes with a Terrence Howard career cancellation certificate.

sad howard.jpg

Howard was a much better fit for Rhodes than Cheadle, and to this day I'm pissed.
Cheadle is always looking for the joke. I never thought he fit well for comedy. Howard had that strong, focused acting in anything I see him in. Must've been the behind the scenes (asked to take a pay cut?) that did him in.

I hope he comes with a Terrence Howard career cancellation certificate.
😂 brutal.

🤣🤣

Cheadle is always looking for the joke. I never thought he fit well for comedy. Howard had that strong, focused acting in anything I see him in. Must've been the behind the scenes (asked to take a pay cut?) that did him in.
Howard wanted Disney to show him the money. He got shown the door, instead.

I think Cheadle's a good actor, but he's absolutely miscast for Rhodes. Howard was a great choice, but he bargained for more and he lost. It's a shame, really. MCU Rhodey is absolutely nerfed. He's got pretty much nothing in common with his comic book counterpart.

Yeah, I would prefer taller too rather than the Mark II/Mark III height. Just logically speaking, why would this suit be shorter than the more form fitting suits - especially the nanotech ones.

It's canonically shorter than the original suits so I'd go with that.

HT's 85 is way too tall, at like 12.75+ inches. Is Tony really 6 foot 5 inches in the suit?

Last edited:
I believe the suits are meant to be 6'5, yes. The problem is, the 1-3 practical suits were made to fit RDJ at 5'9. From then on they were either part or all CGI so they changed the proportions to be more heroic.

I'd love for this to be an actual goddamn MARVEL DX. All these years and all these sales and no Marvel DXs, so weird.

It was sort of rhetorical. The 85 is nano so it's as tall as the user... Tony is like 5'11 in the MCU.

I believe the suits are meant to be 6'5, yes. The problem is, the 1-3 practical suits were made to fit RDJ at 5'9. From then on they were either part or all CGI so they changed the proportions to be more heroic.
I was just re-watching the Mark 46 scenes in Civil War and even though this isn't news to anyone, when you really pay attention they're way out of proportion to a human, never mind Tony Stark the character or RDJ the actor.

It's a credit to the film-making and RDJ's acting that you seldom notice.

Back