Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mark 1 & 3 are the only in the diecast series I don't have. The Mark 3 because the proportions, and the Mark 1 because of obvious reasons lol. The weird thing is that the Mark 1 seems to scale shorter than all of the suits according to measurements from Marvel, but I don't care what Marvel says I want it to be a direct height comparison with the other suits.

Here's hoping it isn't shorter. That's part of the reason I'm disappointed by the Queen Studios Mark 1 1/2 scale.
If Marvel is saying that it's shorter than the rest, than it's what companies are gonna do with their statue/figures. I don't think I've ever seen the Mark 1 be as tall as the other mark suits so expect it to be shorter than the other IM figures.

It looks like it's half a head smaller than the Mark 2.

VtOt5Sg.png

I always imagined the Mark I suit to be bigger and bulkier than any other Iron Man suit.

That picture above sadden's me. Maybe it compresses somewhat when no one is wearing it?

Where does it say COMING SOON?

Here's what is says on HT Facebook: The origin of all preceding Iron Man as diecast figure will arrive in no time. Stay tuned.

ARRIVING IN NO TIME...

So either its arriving in the next couple days OR it is arriving in no one's time.
I mean two-and-a-half years is a very short amount of time in relation to the age of the universe…

If Marvel is saying that it's shorter than the rest, than it's what companies are gonna do with their statue/figures. I don't think I've ever seen the Mark 1 be as tall as the other mark suits so expect it to be shorter than the other IM figures.

It looks like it's half a head smaller than the Mark 2.

VtOt5Sg.png
If you think about it, it should be shorter. It has no neck. All other suits have a neck, the Mk I didn't. This will be my first Mk I purchase. I have the diecast II - VII so this will complete my diecast hall of armor. Now if we can get back to the rest of the plastic House Party Protocol figures before I die of old age, that would be nice. :D

I consider myself a pretty big Ironfan, but I'm passing on this. No space or money for something like that. I'll put it in my "One Day" list, alongside the Batmobile and the Armoury... Still, a Diecast MK.III, maybe partnered with a Tony-In-A-Tux figure, would be tempting. I do want a civilian Tony to pair with my Endgame IM (which is the only IM I have since it's the closest suit to the Modular) so I hope he happens at some point.
I always forget how short RDJ is lol
Most Hollywood people are shorter than we think. Most scenes happen atop apple boxes.

I have the other 2 versions and really dont think diecast is as great as most seem to think on this forum. If the design is better than the previous 2 then I'll get this but if its just the previous figure with die cast parts then I'll pass.

And a tony stark that looks like RDJ in that scene would be nice. The first one reminded me of the dallas headsculpt from the alien figure they did way way back.

Easy order. As someone who missed the Iron Man stuff the first time around... very happy they are revisiting. Already have the Mech Test Set Ordered. Just need to get the Mark 3 Diecast and this for a nice IM1 shelf.

I always imagined the Mark I suit to be bigger and bulkier than any other Iron Man suit.

That picture above sadden's me. Maybe it compresses somewhat when no one is wearing it?
I think the MCU Mk 1 has a bigger presence about it than the suit's actual size.

It's really only just about as big as Tony Stark* with a layer of scrap metal around it.

*Not necessarily RDJ as characters and actor heights are different, ie. RDJ wears lifts and stands on crates.

That said, I'm sure it'll be beefier than the 2.0, especially since Iron Man figures have scaled up. But it can't be that much bigger because the human portion of the suit is visible between the gaps in the metal.

Interested to see how this turns out. I hope this is impressive enough to justify the diecast price point. A lot of people have been waiting for it.

Glad I am not a big time Iron Man fan or I would be in big trouble. Bad enough I like SW, Marvel and DC. Amazing the amount of IM pumped out of this company. Good to be an Iron Man fan with plenty of choices and opportunities. MK85 was my favorite version so glad I waited. Mk1 looks so ridiculous and incredible at the same time, total Marvel.

Hot Toys took too long for me. I've happily moved on.

I picked up Sideshow's 1/4 Iron Men maquettes 1, 2 and 3 and I'm good.

I'm sure this will be great for those that waited and will continue to wait another 2-3 years.

2-3 years does seem crazy to wait, especially when we all know how fast things can change.

Anyway, HT has to do something new with the Mark I. Some way to show it off in a new way as this is the 3rd iteration.

What I'd like to see:

Hopefully, like the Mk5, they will show a comparison to the original to demonstrate that its bigger and the helmet is actually scaled to go over a human head rather then the pinhead we got previously.

A new sculpt would be welcomed.

I'd also like to see a new flame effect instead of the same IM/Mando/Flametrooper flame gag again and again.

And that's not for accounting delays. Their 2022 release schedule is so packed right now and a lot of current figures aren't even releasing that much. Prob release Q4 2023 - Q1 2024 is lucky.
A 2024 release date for a figure announced in 2021 would be crazy. I wouldn’t be surprised though with the amount of figures planned already + inevitable delays + covid backlog.
Glad I am not a big time Iron Man fan or I would be in big trouble. Bad enough I like SW, Marvel and DC. Amazing the amount of IM pumped out of this company. Good to be an Iron Man fan with plenty of choices and opportunities. MK85 was my favorite version so glad I waited. Mk1 looks so ridiculous and incredible at the same time, total Marvel.
Thank god you got rid of Snyder sig.

Back