Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark V Collectible Figure & Race Track Diorama Base Set [Hot Toys Exclusive]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I think they would have just been better off releasing a series of USB / LED
"Iron Man Diorama Stages" for diecast Mark 1 - Mark 7. It's a no-brainer, as far as marketing goes.

Charge $100-$150 a piece and you make a killing, instead of flooding the over-saturated market
with more $500 figures that you JUST RE-RELEASED.

I mean, seriously... it doesn't take a ton of brain power to realize where you can make your money in a time
where collectibles are losing value and people are not spending like they were on "high-end" merchandise.

I'd love to have the bases, but I am not stupid enough to re-buy these over-priced figures just
to have them... Hot Toys can bite me, as far as that goes.

Honestly, I think they would have just been better off releasing a series of USB / LED
"Iron Man Diorama Stages" for diecast Mark 1 - Mark 7. It's a no-brainer, as far as marketing goes.

Charge $100-$150 a piece and you make a killing, instead of flooding the over-saturated market
with more $500 figures that you JUST RE-RELEASED.

I mean, seriously... it doesn't take a ton of brain power to realize where you can make your money in a time
where collectibles are losing value and people are not spending like they were on "high-end" merchandise.

I'd love to have the bases, but I am not stupid enough to re-buy these over-priced figures just
to have them... Hot Toys can bite me, as far as that goes.
You should email Hot Toys that and see what they say.

Glad I didn't pickup the reissue earlier this year like I intended. Moves like this just reinforces my decision to move away from 1/6 Iron Man Hot Toys and transition to ThreeZero's DLX Infinity Saga line. Similar quality at a smaller size at 1/3rd the price. I'll pay attention to Hot Toys again once they finally get off of the MCU and start doing comic book suits--without that nasty clear plastic shell.

859c20bf5b55e17ca9471352e85eb531_original.png

Thanks! I just feel like they gave up on their already established "Diorama" line... and since
everything in that line was Iron-Man based, it would make perfect sense to roll a line of
bases into the fold. I was always hoping they would do some cool dioramas down the line,
but after the hall of armor they pretty much gave up.

They could even be packaged in a foam block like the Workshop Accessories Set was and
just have a paper slipcover, cheaper packaging to keep the cost down.

The impulse to buy new pieces at a lower cost to add to your existing figures is way higher than
"Hey, you already have this, so buy it again to get this new display piece!"

This makes me think these exclusives arent coming to the US since HT just released the MK5

Oh, Hot Toys...don't you go changing on us! Keep pumping out those IM figs and diluting the market, until the inevitable 2.0 or 3.0 in 10 years! :lol

Re-release the Mark VI you cowards.

It can be labelled as "Avengers: Endgame 2012 Final Battle Version"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I was just about to post that :hi5:

I still think if HT really wanted to make this newest Mk5 reissue a real exclusive, they should've included that new racing suit Tony headsculpt with the helmet parts instead of the same old workshop Tony sculpt. To me, that would've made this latest version waaaay more enticing to pick up than just adding that base and calling it a day.

I was just about to post that :hi5:

I still think if HT really wanted to make this newest Mk5 reissue a real exclusive, they should've included that new racing suit Tony headsculpt with the helmet parts instead of the same old workshop Tony sculpt. To me, that would've made this latest version waaaay more enticing to pick up than just adding that base and calling it a day.
I think that would have just made this an even bigger F-U to the buyers of the reissue that just hit.

It's an odd release, perfect opportunity for a completely battle damaged Mark V. Then you have all 3 phases of the armor, shame honestly no rhythm to any of Hot Toys releases.

Still beating the HPP drum, if the big reviewers and influencer collector community were louder we'd see some slow but steady change.

Back