Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added some extensions to the ankle to give this figure some added height. Now, Barnes towers over Taylor (just a bit).

Military_Figures_0141.jpg
Military_Figures_0211.jpg

Where did you get the booklet of matches from?, print it out?.

*edit post*

Nevermind, yea this paper/manual? comes with the figure and i forget what it is exactly and if it is ever mentioned in the movie, obviously not matches as someone mentioned on a figure review.

Last edited:
Mine should be here wednesday and cant wait to put him next to Taylor. I went ahead and ordered a vest off the bay. Its the dragon m60 vest, it not completely movie accurate but looks good enough for me.

ordered this guy last night. it will be my first hot toys figure since the dx joker. there is a definite lack of quality 1/6th scale vietnam stuff and it looks like hot toys really nailed this one. plus, barnes is one of my all time favorite characters. such a fierce character. berenger was just amazing in that role. he will fit right in with all of my 1/6th military stuff.

^Indeed. Great, well written if dubiously moraled character and Berenger was excellent. The scars were so convincing aswell. We couldn't have gotten a better figure to represent him...well except if things like the cig packet, flak vest and hairpiece for a non-helmeted, non-bandana look, were included.

Mine is on the way from Toys2. I ordered a marlboro pack yesterday and that deathcard today both from onesixthscaleking, hopefully not too late for them to be shipped together.

Amazing figure, really happy with how he turned out. Annoying thing for me is that I'm moving in a couple of weeks time, so I've had to put him back in his box.

Keep going back to look at TK0083's pics. Apart from the HT promoshots they're probably the best pics I've seen so far. Stunning.

I lost an auction for a Dragon 1/6 vietnam flak vest there. Guess I'm going for the village burning look rather than the 'Barnes shoots Elias' look.

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CopOJUs_3 Ik&feature=channel_video_title

Quick Look At My Barnes and Taylor figures... :hi5:

Last edited:
I don't remember Barnes having death cards in the movie...

neither do I but then I never really studied the outfits until these figures. Kinda took Kross's word for it. I figured he wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't there. When ordering the cig pack and this death card I wondered were these things made in anticipation of HT Barnes? Surely not. Then I remembered that Sideshow made Platoon figures so these extras were probably made for them.

Each or certain U.S Army divisions during Vietnam had their own unique death card made up for them.

I think after picking up the smokes, you should feel the need to get something else to help fill out the order, what is it like? $3 shipped just for the cig's?..makes sense to get another cool accessory and take advantage of the combined shipping.

That was part of my thinking when going back to order the death card - I hope they'll be shipped together despite me ordering them many hours apart.

i changed my mind & i got to thinking about a different look for barnes.........we know how cool this look is
11031103180c068e1eca576f0e.jpg

does anyone think it would be feasible to commission someone to make a hairpiece? i mean it couldn't be near the cost of a whole head sculpt?......i'm just throwing that out there.............:wave

Thats well known but best to believe it only when it happens.

Hot toys have never announced a figure and follow trough and make it, licenses sure but actual specific characters ..no, i believe we will get Elias and Lerner.. besides Lerner is almost a given anyway with this whole Johnny Depp line they have planned.

On a side note, look what i just won!
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT&autorefresh=true#ht_500wt_1156

Had my bro bid on it while i was at work, would rather have paid less, but hey it's pretty scarce and it will look awesome on my Barnes when i get him!:)

Was i up against any of you guys in the bidding war?:lol

Back