Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you do that?

Also, don't know why but i keep staring at his lips :D
I strip my figures down so i can not only check all their limbs but also to re-dress them the way i want the clothes hang on the figure.:)Didn't even notice what you meant just till now when i looked at the PICS. again!:slap:lol

The helmets seem to be sitting nicely on your Platoons. Is that straight out of the box or did you need to do something? I ask because it seems like some folks have the helmets sitting really high on the head.

I've seen those same pics and it bugs the hell outta me:slap People need to learn how to FUTZ their figures. :dunno

With Taylor, I didn't use the extra head meant for the helmet. The Barnes was pretty much out of the box.

For the added height, I glued a couple Medicom leg extenders to the ankle posts. I wasn't about to spend another hundred plus dollars for a Wesker body:horror

I picked up the vests from Echobase a few years ago. I saw a couple pop up on EBAY back in February. So, EBAY may be it:(

Military_Figures_0201.jpg
Military_Figures_0021.jpg

Military_Figures_0051.jpg
Military_Figures_0151.jpg

Last edited:
All right. Some updated pics. Still workin' on him. I threw on a half-@$$ pack of smokes that I bashed. I'll replace them as soon as I pick up some legit lookin' ones . . . . . .

Military_Figures_0131.jpg
Military_Figures_0101.jpg

Military_Figures_0061.jpg
Military_Figures_0081.jpg

Military_Figures_0091.jpg
Military_Figures_0161.jpg

Your figures certainly look great and well futzed. So you aren't throwing stones from a glass house!

Thanks! HEH HEH!:hi5:

Have you used them before? Also whats the bit I've marked in bold?

I believe he means the ACE of Spades (Card of Death). I've been meaning to order some 1/6 patches and accessories from One Sixth Scale King. I was gonna inquire about them doing some custom work. Having trouble getting on their site. Might have to purchase through their EBAY Store.

I think HT, as is seemingly their custom, is going to make us sweat over whether they will actually complete the line.

I don't think the interest or sales were enough to make HT go further. Neither figure received much attention until they hit the west and both still available. My guess is these two and done.

Even success doesn't seem to guarantee more figures. Just look at the Terminator lines. They've stopped dead. If nothing happens for the T2 anniversary it seems very unlikely any more figures will be made there and thats really going to frustrate me if it proves to be the case. However I will still cherish and find use for my existing figures.

With Platoon though, without completing the triumvirate of Taylor, Barnes and Elias I kinda feel the whole line is almost pointless. Thats just me, maybe not for others. I think I'd be tempted to either sell or convert them into something else, maybe resistance fighters for my Terminator collection.

:exactly: All they have to do is just make one more figure and most people would be happy. Elias has to be made or this line is a fail and if they made a Lerner fig over Elias that would be the most dumb idea they've made in a while.

JUST MAKE THEM ALL HT !!!!..................:cuss

elias, king, red, bunny, rhah, big harold, junior,..........and your cash cow lerner........:panic:

if they made a Lerner fig over Elias that would be the most dumb idea they've made in a while.

Yep, that would be ridiculous. So ridiculous I think I'd rather they made neither than if they just made Lerner.

Anywho, I just ordered the Marlboro cigarette pack from onesixthscaleking.com aswell. I hope it doesn't get lost in transit, something so small.

Last edited:
I don't think the interest or sales were enough to make HT go further. Neither figure received much attention until they hit the west and both still available. My guess is these two and done.

I'm not so sure. Barnes just came out and is already sold out at Sideshow. In a recent newsletter, they had opened waitlists for Barnes and Whiplash. Whiplash has been out for ever. I would think that they would make Elias since it's not much different than the other two. They could then go off that sculpt to give us a Goblin. Hopefully.

Back