Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't find any clear screengrabs of the vest he wore in the film and don't have access to the film just now. Do you know whats different about the Dragon vest? anything that would be noticeable even when fully geared up?

Barnes is wearing an M69 vest. The Dragon vest is an M1955 which was pretty much used by the Marines in Vietnam.

I used a Toy Soldier M69 vest. One BIG difference are the sides. The M69 has threading along the sides (for adjustment?).

Toy_Soldier_M1969_Vest.jpg

TS_M1969_Vest.jpg

The M1955 has a rope ridge fitted to the right shoulder that was used to keep a slung rifle from sliding off while on the march.

Can't wait, two more days! When is someone gonna sculpt and cast the custom hair piece for this bad boy? Someone out there's got the talent and the ability.

the shovel attaches to the top holes dead center on the flap of the back pack.......it least thats where i think it goes & where i put mine...........i took out a good bit of the stuffing and made the assembly much easier.
AhhHaa!That's the problem!I'm missing the small hook like on Taylors shovel!Damn CSC!:gah:That's twice that they sent me a figure with something missing!Hey did you or anyone else also get an extra short belt with female attachments on each end?For the life of me,i can't figure out where the FLUK it should go!Anyway,THANX for that bit of info Barryo!:yess:

Mines due to come saturday, can't wait. By the way long time lurker, I finally joined cause I come here nearly everyday anyway.

AhhHaa!That's the problem!I'm missing the small hook like on Taylors shovel!Damn CSC!:gah:That's twice that they sent me a figure with something missing!Hey did you or anyone else also get an extra short belt with female attachments on each end?For the life of me,i can't figure out where the FLUK it should go!Anyway,THANX for that bit of info Barryo!:yess:
oh man..........now i understand your delima...........yep those flimsy little hooks make all the difference.
Mines due to come saturday, can't wait. By the way long time lurker, I finally joined cause I come here nearly everyday anyway.

welcome from the shadows skull.................post away & have fun.............:hi5:

Just finished putting him together and I'm blown away by this guy. Might post some pics later if I can find my crappy ass camera.

Welcome to the forum. I was a lurker for the longest time and then finally joined, love this site.

Thanks Guys, I love this site too. I check it out nearly every day for something new or to see the lastest on something I ordered. Barnes is just too awesome to pass up.

I can't wait to put him together and see him in person, guess I always gravitated to the bad guys in movies. The only thing I wish would have been included is the swap out hair piece but I guess I'm beating a dead horse.

Might have him tomorrow. Tracking still just says 'Has left Canada' but usually I never have to go back to check tracking again because the figure has arrived. Hopefully that'll be the case tomorrow.

And thanks for the info TK0083. The Toy soldier vest looks great.

The only thing I wish would have been included is the swap out hair piece but I guess I'm beating a dead horse.

We won't get it now from HT but we might be able to commission someone to make and sell us this.

Interesting but for the time being I'm saying no. I don't think I'd ever display him like that hiding the rest of his incredible costume.

i agree but what might be cool is to have one for an alternate display later down the road or a photo op. and you could keep it stored in the back pack.

Did we ever see him in one in the film? I don't remember seeing Barnes in one....Taylor maybe during the failed ambush. I think I'd like to stick to what was in the film only lest there be no end to the extras I buy.

pretty sure he had one on in the ambush scene when gardner was killed

Hmm. In any case I want to resist, spending far, far too much money at the moment.

Good point about the potential for photo ops but since I'm not much of a photographer anyway it'd be wasted on me. and I'd never use it otherwise.

Back