1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local store posted on their instagram that they're getting Dx19 soon.. Hmm

I've ordered this - sold my DX12 years ago and regretted it and after watching The Batman I still stand by Nolan's representation of Batman and love the look for a 1/6 figure despite actually being really sold on Pattinsons version.

Any idea if this might drop soon?

I've ordered this - sold my DX12 years ago and regretted it and after watching The Batman I still stand by Nolan's representation of Batman and love the look for a 1/6 figure despite actually being really sold on Pattinsons version.

Any idea if this might drop soon?
I ordered it to still says april -june 22 from most sellers

I’m sort of side-eyeing this figure, but it seems to me that the main difference between it and the DX12/Armory figure is merely a couple centimeters difference in height and what looks to be perhaps slightly better articulation. The slightly taller body is what appeals to me, but I wonder if that’s really worth it when my TDK trilogy display simply consists of a single Batman from it and that’s all. I liked TDK trilogy, but I wouldn’t say I’m a huge fan of it and consequently, don’t have a huge TDK display. I have my DX12 with a custom cape displayed with the BR Keaton Batman and the 66 West Batman to represent various iterations of Batman, and it’s filled that role fine.

One thing I noticed though regarding the height is that in the first post on the first page of the DX12 thread on this forum where the specs are listed, it states the figure as being 32cm in height, like this figure. However on the SSC site, it says the height is 30.5cm.

I’m gonna hold off on pre-ordering this because I have a feeling Queen Studios/In Art just may put out a higher end Dark Knight Batman figure. I mean, they have to be developing a Bale Batman to go with their Heath Joker. At this point, Hot Toys is running a race towards reissuing their Batman before a tease from Queen/In Art comes out and cannibalizes sales.

And if Queen/In Art agents are scouting these community pages, here are some changes to one-up the Hot Toys:

- More accurate 1:6 Height
- Better cape
- Fix elbow pads from sticking out when bent
- Better faceplates
- Add Backpack from Hong Kong scene
- Better display base than snowy steps
- Light up headsculpt charged through USB or batteries

I’m sort of side-eyeing this figure, but it seems to me that the main difference between it and the DX12/Armory figure is merely a couple centimeters difference in height and what looks to be perhaps slightly better articulation. The slightly taller body is what appeals to me, but I wonder if that’s really worth it when my TDK trilogy display simply consists of a single Batman from it and that’s all. I liked TDK trilogy, but I wouldn’t say I’m a huge fan of it and consequently, don’t have a huge TDK display. I have my DX12 with a custom cape displayed with the BR Keaton Batman and the 66 West Batman to represent various iterations of Batman, and it’s filled that role fine.

One thing I noticed though regarding the height is that in the first post on the first page of the DX12 thread on this forum where the specs are listed, it states the figure as being 32cm in height, like this figure. However on the SSC site, it says the height is 30.5cm.
It’s a whole different cowl shape, chins, and eyes from any other 1:6 offering and miles ahead of the weirdly shaped Armory version.

It’s a whole different cowl shape, chins, and eyes from any other 1:6 offering and miles ahead of the weirdly shaped Armory version.
While I'm sure you're right given your love of the films, knowledge of the material and that you've worked on some custom cowls yourself. Someone with the knowledge you have would easily be able to spot the differences and know exactly what's changed, what's accurate, etc.

But I think to the average viewer, the DX19 merely looks like a mashup of the Armory version with the DX12 accessories, a supposedly updated body/batsuit and a new Bale headsculpt. And I think that's how most see this DX19. Great for new collectors or those who "missed out," but owners of the previous two might not see the need to fully upgrade as the difference between this DX19 cowl and previous versions are negligible in their eyes. If the cowl to neck connection is magnetic like the others, you could probably just save some money and get the new heads for your older figures.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be cancelling this just yet. Queen Studios Bale statue has one of the worst cowl sculpts around. Their recently revealed 1/3 Battinson isn't much better either.

Hopefully they do much better in 1/6 scale.

The Armory/DX both have very undersized and misshapen cowls. They look okay from the front but the forehead rises at the wrong angle and the mid face area is too short making his face look scrunched.

Thats just from the front though. The bigger issues are noticeable from literally any slight angle and once you see it you can’t unsee it. It’s like the sculpt has no back to the head at all and it makes no sense how a human head could fit into it.

I can’t find a solid profile shot of the DX19 but it seems to be pretty similar in profile to the QS001 which doesn’t have this problem.

DX12/Armory:
9E77C32F-263C-4D95-A64E-D9D489218285.jpeg
EE2D0831-712B-4C04-BBDF-F8B3445BA589.jpeg

DX19:
8FDF562E-D3EF-4562-8651-015A5735C511.jpeg

C3FA5175-9FFE-480C-94E6-62F7C6C1C57D.jpeg

QS001:
30BA6DEC-486A-4701-8B42-F4C41D9539BD.jpeg

Actual:
2C6FFC62-E7B6-42C2-9ADF-06C1F8382D8B.jpeg

The cowl should have some curve to the back that curves in a good bit just above the neck. The DX12/Armory is completely flat and lacks the depth and width it should have at the back.

I noticed this shortly after getting my DX12 a few years ago. It just didn’t look right on the shelf.

As for the body I totally agree. It’s hard to tell if the new one will really be an improvement. A lot of the same issues from the DX12/Armory persist to the new version and we really don’t have any reason to believe they’re fix the baggy pants except hope… I think a DX12/Armory with the new heads could be just as good as the DX19.

Who said I hated TDK? I don't like the suit from 14 years of figures and endless modifications and statues.

Nothing to get over, it's just a good thing that the new batsuit is superior.

Last edited:
The new Batsuit is not superior. You just prefer it and that’s fine. I and a lot of others still prefer TDK and the Begins suit to the new one.

Going in to threads to trash stuff because of your opinion is kinda toxic though. I don’t go to the Batfleck figure threads to say how his suits look like turds wrapped in duct tape because it doesn’t add to the conversation.

IDK what it is about TDK trilogy (maybe it’s popularity) but anytime people are enjoying talking about it someone has to show up to make sure we all know they hated something about it. Get over yourself… it’s been ten years since the last one came out.

TDK suit > Pattinson suit
I love both but personally prefer the more high tech style of TDK.

I’m just excited to have another Batman on screen that seems heroic and modern and isn’t in a murderous rage because he’s scared. I guess anything can still happen in part 2 or 3 though 😅

Back