1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoulda guessed this would be early being a straight re release, still holding out hope on the dx 19 arriving before the new year

Yeah after watching the Sideshow unboxing I finally decided to order this thing, as it seems to compliment the figures so well. Although I highly doubt it's made of mostly metal like the guy said, since the description makes no mention of that.

The older Batpod's had some metal framing. A mix of plastic and metal like the Iron Mans.

Wish they updated this with the elbow rests though. Even the 1:43 hot wheels has that detail.

It’s up on Toys Buying Agent but it will be close to $100 extra over Sideshows price. If I hadn’t already POed at Sideshow it might be worth it but losing the PO deposit and paying more is just too much.

I heard a rumor that Hot Toys uses a 3rd party for their vehicles so maybe this has no connection to the DX19’s release at all.

It'll be weird if I buy this before I have either an appropriate Batman or Hathaway Catwoman for it....but I may still do so. I remember selling my first Batpod because...well I needed money at the time, but also because I just didn't think it would ever be an iconic Batman vehicle. It's held up over time though. I think it looks cooler than whatever bike he's using in the new film.

Seems weird to release the bike before either figure that is made to go on it. Still not sure whether I want this or the Tumbler. At the same time I don't want to miss out if they are going to reach similar aftermarket values of the first versions.

It's certainly not my favorite design ever, but that first reveal in TDK is so absolutely badass and iconic that there's just no way I could not have it in the collection.

Seems weird to release the bike before either figure that is made to go on it. Still not sure whether I want this or the Tumbler. At the same time I don't want to miss out if they are going to reach similar aftermarket values of the first versions.
If it's an either/or situation I would go with the more restrained choice - the Batpod.

I still have the original release of the Tumbler and the last time I took it out of its box 'just to have a look' I had no real qualms about putting it back in its box. When I first got it it was of course mindblowing - it was in the midst of peak TDK-hype; it was the first Hot Toys vehicle and certainly the most expensive single item I had ever bought at that time - I particularly loved the huge rear wheels. But over time this all wore off - especially after spoiler pylons broke, rubber tires stuck to surfaces, rubber tires started coming away from the plastic part of the wheel, people highlighted that the wheel rims should be black not silver and me not being able to unsee that - and overall that the car looks plastic, it doesn't look metal. And it's a big footprint for something that you don't 'stay' hugely excited about owning. But that's just me. And who knows, if I do rebuild a Nolan trilogy collection maybe I'll be glad I never sold my Tumbler.

They should've painted the black with weathering on the Tumbler. It's one of the reasons why the camo Tumbler looks so much better, it's painted and has silver scuffs and wear.

overall that the car looks plastic, it doesn't look metal.
I guess I got lucky because the tires on mine have held up great. In my mind any stealth vehicles visible surfaces wouldn’t be metal anyway so I think it’s finish looks great.

Im probably bias though since this is unequivocally my favorite wheeled vehicle on film.

I really hope Batman isn't early, my budgeting revolved around coming in June 2022.

Same, hopefully won't be a simultaneous release, but even so I POed at Alter Ego so they won't get the first batch from Sideshow. Endgame Thor was 'released' in Hong Kong in July and have been waiting 5 months for that.

I love the Tumblers (Black and Camo) as well as the Batpod. They look fantastic on display and a TDK collection would be incomplete without them. The Tumblers are definitely space hogs, though, specifically in width, where shelf depth has to be sufficiently wide. But I've seen some amazing coffee table displays with them that had me visiting the nearest IKEA...

I love the Tumblers (Black and Camo) as well as the Batpod. They look fantastic on display and a TDK collection would be incomplete without them. The Tumblers are definitely space hogs, though, specifically in width, where shelf depth has to be sufficiently wide. But I've seen some amazing coffee table displays with them that had me visiting the nearest IKEA...
That’s what gets me to want to buy the vehicles. They just look so cool on display with Batman next to them from the displays I’ve seen. Even though I don’t currently have the space, I want them regardless. Just difficult to want to jump in the TDK line b/c I know I’ll want ALL of them the moment I get just one lol

That’s what gets me to want to buy the vehicles. They just look so cool on display with Batman next to them from the displays I’ve seen. Even though I don’t currently have the space, I want them regardless. Just difficult to want to jump in the TDK line b/c I know I’ll want ALL of them the moment I get just one lol
Exactly! Selina with the Bat-pod, Batman with the black Tumbler and Bane with the camo Tumbler.

I jumped into the line after most of the figures had already been released. I think that my first figure(s) was the Armory set with Bruce and Alfred. That was all it took. The slippery slope proved impossible to avoid. Fortunately, third party companies have been able to provide figures that Hot Toys ignored, such as Ra's Al Ghul and "Ninja Ra's", for example. Aside from Knightmare Batman and SWAT Gordon, I believe that I've got them all. Now I just need the new "Batman Begins" figure and I think I'm actually done!

Back