1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Batsuit is not superior. You just prefer it and that’s fine. I and a lot of others still prefer TDK and the Begins suit to the new one.

Going in to threads to trash stuff because of your opinion is kinda toxic though. I don’t go to the Batfleck figure threads to say how his suits look like turds wrapped in duct tape because it doesn’t add to the conversation.

IDK what it is about TDK trilogy (maybe it’s popularity) but anytime people are enjoying talking about it someone has to show up to make sure we all know they hated something about it. Get over yourself… it’s been ten years since the last one came out.
You are way overreacting here. Your high and mighty attitude doesn't help either telling people to get over themselves who are you kidding 🤣🤣🤣

IDK what it is about TDK trilogy (maybe it’s popularity) but anytime people are enjoying talking about it someone has to show up to make sure we all know they hated something about it. Get over yourself… it’s been ten years since the last one came out.
It's not just TDK. That could be said about anything on this board, or rather the internet as a whole :lol

With that said, stating a preference does NOT automatically equal HATE for others. I have my own preferences when it comes to live action Batman, but that doesn't mean I HATE any other iteration just b/c I prefer one over another.

It's not just TDK. That could be said about anything on this board, or rather the internet as a whole :lol

With that said, stating a preference does NOT automatically equal HATE for others. I have my own preferences when it comes to live action Batman, but that doesn't mean I HATE any other iteration just b/c I prefer one over another.
Are you like my personal moderator or something? You’re like one comment away from calling me “son”.

Are you like my personal moderator or something? You’re like one comment away from calling me “son”.
Not at all. Just interesting to me that when someone disagrees with you, particularly when it comes to TDK trilogy, you automatically assume they hate it. You assumed I hated the TDK trilogy in one of the other threads b/c I don't share the same views as you have and you did the same to Johnny Utah just now just b/c he thinks Battison's suit is superior. All I was saying is how difference of preference doesn't equal hate of something else.

I even complimented your knowledge of the TDK material in my reply on the previous page so idk what problem you have with me. If you prefer not to see my posts (or should I say "hate" to see them) then put me on ignore :dunno

Not at all. Just interesting to me that when someone disagrees with you, particularly when it comes to TDK trilogy, you automatically assume they hate it. You assumed I hated the TDK trilogy in one of the other threads b/c I don't share the same views as you have and you did the same to Johnny Utah just now just b/c he thinks Battison's suit is superior. All I was saying is how difference of preference doesn't equal hate of something else.

I even complimented your knowledge of the TDK material in my reply on the previous page so idk what problem you have with me. If you prefer not to see my posts (or should I say "hate" to see them) then put me on ignore :dunno:
All this typing to get somewhere and you could have just said nothing and gotten farther.

Just like all those picture you posted on the previous page :lol
Wow you replied to that? If you’re going to keep being toxic I’ll just say it… if you can’t see how wrong the DX12/Armory is then you’re wasting your money in this hobby.

Wow you replied to that? If you’re going to keep being toxic I’ll just say it… if you can’t see how wrong the DX12/Armory is then you’re wasting your money in this hobby.
Wow you replied to that? If you’re going to keep being toxic I’ll just say it… if you can’t see how ppl have different eyes, different opinions and different preferences then you’re wasting your time on this board

This forum really is a trip :lol Some people really do not know how to have civilized discourse with others and are unable to handle differing opinions than that of their own when they feel something dear and beloved to them is being “attacked.” And the way they rationalize it is humorous.

Opinion and fact seem to get conflated quite often here.

Wow you replied to that? If you’re going to keep being toxic I’ll just say it… if you can’t see how ppl have different eyes, different opinions and different preferences then you’re wasting your time on this board
Accuracy isn’t a ******* opinion

Oh wow it's been already a little over a year since this was solicited!

I'm curious to see how it compares to the Armory. I think the Armory holds up fine to this day, even with current figures. I have him in the mix with some of the newer figures and I think it fits in.

Last edited:
This forum really is a trip :lol Some people really do not know how to have civilized discourse with others and are unable to handle differing opinions than that of their own when they feel something dear and beloved to them is being “attacked.” And the way they rationalize it is humorous.

Opinion and fact seem to get conflated quite often here.
Yeah it’s crazy how a single person can come in a thread they seemingly have no interest in and make multiple comments about being done with the subject matter, the subject matter being crap, etc, as though it’s fact.

Yeah it’s crazy how a single person can come in a thread they seemingly have no interest in and make multiple comments about being done with the subject matter, the subject matter being crap, etc, as though it’s fact.

I personally don’t mind dissension. I don’t feel threatened by it. I’m not a diehard fan of TDK trilogy either myself. I like it, but I don’t think it’s the best iteration of Batman nor suit.

I personally don’t mind dissension. I don’t feel threatened by it. I’m not a diehard fan of TDK trilogy either myself. I like it, but I don’t think it’s the best iteration of Batman or even suit.
I don’t mind dissension either.

If you look ITT all I did was post reference pictures, criticized an objectively (if accuracy matters to you) obsolete head sculpt, and made the claim that “The new Batsuit is not superior. You just prefer it and that’s fine. I and a lot of others still prefer TDK and the Begins suit to the new one.”

I suggested someone was a hater after they made multiple posts ITT expressing their distaste for TDK and this suit. Then someone unrelated to that comment weighed in as they often do to my comments saying I accuse everyone of hating TDK trilogy. I don’t think most people understand the word “hater” to be that literal.

Im not responding to dissension I’m responding to the implication that someone’s dissenting opinion is fact.

If you look ITT all I did was post reference pictures, criticized an objectively (if accuracy matters to you) obsolete head sculpt, and made the claim that “The new Batsuit is not superior. You just prefer it and that’s fine. I and a lot of others still prefer TDK and the Begins suit to the new one.”

I suggested someone was a hater after they made multiple posts ITT expressing their distaste for TDK and this suit. Then someone unrelated to that comment weighed in as they often do to my comments saying I accuse everyone of hating TDK trilogy. I don’t think most people understand the word “hater” to be that literal.

Im not responding to dissension I’m responding to the implication that someone’s dissenting opinion is fact.

No need to justify yourself. If you think every facet of TDK trilogy is the gold standard for all things Batman and everything else is inferior, that’s cool.

As for the DX19 sculpt, it does appear to have sharper features. However, not sure that would warrant spending close to $300 for an entirely new figure that seems to have minimal overall differences from the previous one.

No need to justify yourself. If you think every facet of TDK trilogy is the gold standard for all things Batman and everything else is inferior, that’s cool.
Bad faith argument BS. I’m an idiot for thinking there would be reasoned discourse at this point. Keep focusing on your feelings instead of the content of my words.

Bad faith argument BS. I’m an idiot for thinking there would be reasoned discourse at this point. Keep focusing on your feelings instead of the content of my words.

A bit of an overreaction. What “reasoned discourse” were you looking to have? 🤔

:rotfl
"often" yea sure :rolleyes2

The other time I replied when many other members were weighing in on the Battison suit, not just me. I just happened to disagree with the connection you were trying to make with the TDK suit and the "JL" New52 suit, even though I not only gave you the benefit of the doubt by saying first "everyone is entitled to their own opinion and maybe I'm misunderstanding you" but, when it progressed, even said that we should agree to disagree and move on. But YOU dragged it on. You accused me of hating the TDK trilogy b/c I didn't share your views on that ONE topic when the topic was NOT about the movies, and accused me of being "factually wrong" when I wasn't:dunno

I had moved on from that previous discussion b/c I'm not over here holding a grudge about a disagreement I had with a random person about comicbook superheroes. I even gave you credit for your TDK knowledge on my previous post when you first mentioned the differences in cowls to @SilverStar17 (before you posted all those pictures).

I never said that you accuse EVERYONE of hating the TDK trilogy. I said when someone disagrees with you on the TDK trilogy, you automatically assume they hate it, in which I gave examples of times that happened.

And again, here in this thread, all I was saying is how difference of preference doesn't equal hate of something else.

I honesty have no beef with you, but you obviously have a problem with me for the TWO times I've disagreed with you. But I guess those two times equals "often" to you :lol

Now, if you've got more to say to/about me, please feel free to PM and we can discuss further. Or, as I've said before, put me on ignore since you have a problem with me and the TWO times I haven't shared your opinion.

Last edited:
Back