1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google it?
**** sake, I'll probably have to pay like £80
simon cowell facepalm GIF

Just decided to pick this figure up from TBA. £200 total, which is a great price for a modern Hot Toy when you live in the U.K. Then I went straight over to kit to order the new Jaxon cowl.

This figure always seemed unsalvageable without spending ‘custom’ money but now, it seems the tide has changed. Also, InArt made no mention of Begins Batman coming in the immediate future , and with the hype around The Flash Batmans but those figures and suits not really appealing to me, I feel compelled to get a Batman from a movie I truly enjoy.

I’m assuming a custom cape is also required to make the most of it.
I’m loving the look in pics here with the cape draping over the shoulders so what’s the best option around for that? Is the new Jaxon ‘short cape’ the way to go?

I see there’s a long option- Z10 that goes past his feet or the latest, shorter Z-20 that stops at the ground. That seems best for me.
I got the z10 cape. The only option for batman begins is the long cape unless you want the dark knight look from the beginning. But I hope that it is long enough

I got the z10 cape. The only option for batman begins is the long cape unless you want the dark knight look from the beginning. But I hope that it is long enough
I believe I’ve been convinced to get the long cape now. Begins Batman looks great when he’s wrapped up in the cape and it did actually look gigantic in the movie.

Sorry to steer away from the cape discussion. If people are still wondering about the low value thing, I have an email from the man himself.
Screenshot_2023-06-10-09-25-24-749-edit_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Sorry to steer away from the cape discussion. If people are still wondering about the low value thing, I have an email from the man himself. View attachment 644101
Ok that’s refreshed my memory.

A little while ago- They marked low value on a pricey figure for a new time buyer in the U.K. (as they did for all packages) and his parcel got lost.
He was able to claim back the full price but, because TBA only marked like $30 in the customs form, that’s all they were able to claim back. The guy probably also ended up with the figure as well a week later.

So they put in place a policy to sort of test new customer’s decency I guess and safeguard themselves against losing such a huge amount again.

They were really miffed about it at the time and put out a full statement on Facebook that no new accounts would be entitled to low value declarations ever again but they softened on that stance quite quickly- seeing as that’s primary benefit to us non-Americans shopping there.

$50usd on the form should = a very minimal charge if you do get hit so it’s not as bad as it could have been had there been a random inspection and the office decided a new Hot Toys is worth around £300.

Ok that’s refreshed my memory.

A little while ago- They marked low value on a pricey figure for a new time buyer in the U.K. (as they did for all packages) and his parcel got lost.
He was able to claim back the full price but, because TBA only marked like $30 in the customs form, that’s all they were able to claim back. The guy probably also ended up with the figure as well a week later.

So they put in place a policy to sort of test new customer’s decency I guess and safeguard themselves against losing such a huge amount again.

They were really miffed about it at the time and put out a full statement on Facebook that no new accounts would be entitled to low value declarations ever again but they softened on that stance quite quickly- seeing as that’s primary benefit to us non-Americans shopping there.

$50usd on the form should = a very minimal charge if you do get hit so it’s not as bad as it could have been had there been a random inspection and the office decided a new Hot Toys is worth around £300.
oh right ok thank you

A long cape on any superhero never made sense to me. Wouldn't said superhero occasionally trip over his cape? Wouldn't it hinder his mobility? Wouldn't the cape require more frequent washing? I just can't picture a superhero in the laundry room.

Back