1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After almost 13 years of owning the Tumbler I finally sold mine for no particular reason other than it wasn't getting enough attention from me and was just sitting on my display gathering dust. Don't get me wrong, I love the car but I recently got into the 1:18 Hot Wheels Batmobiles and I think they look super impressive when displayed together. I think as I get older I'd rather have those over something so large that I don't even look at it anymore.

You're a great modder, im actually intrigued on what you can do with this figure.
Thank you, idk if you’re the person with a similar horror interest I’ve spoken with on IG, but technically I’ve already modded the 2011 and older figure.

This was actually my first digital sculpting project based on the Enterbay cowl.

Attachments

• 696AA001-BF30-4814-B7DE-768F334E9DFA.jpeg
    696AA001-BF30-4814-B7DE-768F334E9DFA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 5701C0BB-32A5-491A-8593-05C6582A4917.jpeg
    5701C0BB-32A5-491A-8593-05C6582A4917.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you, idk if you’re the person with a similar horror interest I’ve spoken with on IG, but technically I’ve already modded the 2011 and older figure.

This was actually my first digital sculpting project based on the Enterbay cowl.
Are you going to make a cape? If so, I’m looking for one.

After almost 13 years of owning the Tumbler I finally sold mine for no particular reason other than it wasn't getting enough attention from me and was just sitting on my display gathering dust. Don't get me wrong, I love the car but I recently got into the 1:18 Hot Wheels Batmobiles and I think they look super impressive when displayed together. I think as I get older I'd rather have those over something so large that I don't even look at it anymore.
I was so excited to get the Tumbler back in the day (original release) and sure enough I thought it was incredible for a time. But eventually it became just a huge chunk of plastic taking up space. Years after having this realization I still have it :slap

I took it out of its box recently to see if I felt any resurgence of enthusiasm about it because it had been a long time stored away - and nope, nothing. Straight back into the box. 1/6 is just too big for vehicles and frankly the quality doesn't increase enough in tandem with such a size commitment - nor can it probably for a mass production retail-able price. And so I just don't think it's worth it.

Next year I seriously need to get my arse in gear and purge the collection.

If Hot Toys could ever do a decent Batman Begins Batman I'd probably still buy that but the likelihood seems to be low. They were happy enough with their Pidgeon Man to solicit that again and I wouldn't put it past them to release exactly that.

I was so excited to get the Tumbler back in the day (original release) and sure enough I thought it was incredible for a time. But eventually it became just a huge chunk of plastic taking up space. Years after having this realization I still have it :slap

I took it out of its box recently to see if I felt any resurgence of enthusiasm about it because it had been a long time stored away - and nope, nothing. Straight back into the box. 1/6 is just too big for vehicles and frankly the quality doesn't increase enough in tandem with such a size commitment - nor can it probably for a mass production retail-able price. And so I just don't think it's worth it.

Next year I seriously need to get my arse in gear and purge the collection.

If Hot Toys could ever do a decent Batman Begins Batman I'd probably still buy that but the likelihood seems to be low. They were happy enough with their Pidgeon Man to solicit that again and I wouldn't put it past them to release exactly that.
EXACTLY! And here I thought I was going crazy loosing interest in this! Don't get me wrong-- the figure is awesome, the details are fine as long as you don't peek inside the cockpit and I remember being the holy grail of HT collecting back in the day, but as you said, it's just a hunk of plastic and it can be hard to keep that enthusiasm fresh after over 10 years.

When I bought the diecast 1:18 Batmobiles I actually felt it's cooler to have them displayed together by era on the shelf rather than one large 1/6 Tumbler by itself and I have no regrets. The Hot Toys Tumbler served me well for a decade so I'm glad it's in the hands of someone who cherishes it more than I would today, and yeah I think I'm begnning to see the prospects of 1/6 vehicles kinda wasteful as the amount of detail doesn't really benefit with with their increased sizes, so you're 100% right on that.

P/s: Over the years I've also had guests who thought the HT Tumbler was one of those drivable children's car which really made me mad back then, but looking back I guess I think I can understand why. :lol

EXACTLY! And here I thought I was going crazy loosing interest in this! Don't get me wrong-- the figure is awesome, the details are fine as long as you don't peek inside the cockpit and I remember being the holy grail of HT collecting back in the day, but as you said, it's just a hunk of plastic and it can be hard to keep that enthusiasm fresh after over 10 years.

When I bought the diecast 1:18 Batmobiles I actually felt it's cooler to have them displayed together by era on the shelf rather than one large 1/6 Tumbler by itself and I have no regrets. The Hot Toys Tumbler served me well for a decade so I'm glad it's in the hands of someone who cherishes it more than I would today, and yeah I think I'm begnning to see the prospects of 1/6 vehicles kinda wasteful as the amount of detail doesn't really benefit with with their increased sizes, so you're 100% right on that.

P/s: Over the years I've also had guests who thought the HT Tumbler was one of those drivable children's car which really made me mad back then, but looking back I guess I think I can understand why. :lol
I wanted to go the 1/18 Hot Wheels route, but I missed the boat and they're too expensive now. Thankfully, the Jada 1/24 are pretty good and I have a bunch, as well.as.The BttF Delorean, Ecto-1, KITT and the Impala.from Supernatural.

I did have the HT Tumbler on.preorder, but cancelled as it's too big. I'd love a 1/12 Tumbler though, but the Soap Studios coats more than the HT due to being remote controlled - something I couldn't care less about.

I wanted to go the 1/18 Hot Wheels route, but I missed the boat and they're too expensive now. Thankfully, the Jada 1/24 are pretty good and I have a bunch, as well.as.The BttF Delorean, Ecto-1, KITT and the Impala.from Supernatural.

I did have the HT Tumbler on.preorder, but cancelled as it's too big. I'd love a 1/12 Tumbler though, but the Soap Studios coats more than the HT due to being remote controlled - something I couldn't care less about.

Good stuff man, the Jada ones are equally as impressive and they even have the Animated Batmobile to go along the movie ones. I had no idea when displayed together these smaller scale cars actually look more appealing than one large 1/6 Tumbler. I don't know, maybe because how efficient they make use of space I guess.

No sign of blogger pics yet. Hope Sideshow haven't jumped the gun with those emails.

I don’t need the reissue if it’s going to be the same pidgeon necked figure we all have to end up buying custom head sculpts for anyways. What ever happened to reviews in advance for “influencers”?

Yeah this is strange, every day last week there were blogger pics for new figs. And now its raining Batman figs and no pics?

Yeah this is strange, every day last week there were blogger pics for new figs. And now its raining Batman figs and no pics?
Thought the same thing. All other licenses got quick pics posted sometimes multiples in the same day recently. But with DC it's crickets.

They might be spacing them out so it doesn’t look like they’ve been sitting on inventory or because posting too much in one day messes with the IG algo

Good stuff man, the Jada ones are equally as impressive and they even have the Animated Batmobile to go along the movie ones. I had no idea when displayed together these smaller scale cars actually look more appealing than one large 1/6 Tumbler. I don't know, maybe because how efficient they make use of space I guess.
You better believe that I have TAS Batmobile, as it and the series are awesome. I found this scale is a good compromise between detail and size. I can buy 16 of them for the cost of the HT Tumbler.

This has to be my first pre-order in hundred+ that I paid (tomorrow) without being shown a final product.

Wonder if hottoys/sideshow is doing this to prevent cancelation on pre-orders

This has to be my first pre-order in hundred+ that I paid (tomorrow) without being shown a final product.

Final product been out since 2011 fam

Well if it turns out to be the exact 2011 version with not one single change then I’ll most likely pursue a return

EXACTLY! And here I thought I was going crazy loosing interest in this!

Not at all. I think to properly display 1/6 scale vehicles you need a far bigger display room than I have OR to have very little else in your collection and perhaps 1/6 only whereas I've collected a myriad of things and different scales - so when I said 1/6 is too big for vehicles - I probably should have said ''for me and my own situation''. Though arguably the quality point remains true.

Back