Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lack of Neytiri, native Jake and Quaritch (with AMP) was a huge letdown. Disney should either require Hot Toys to produce a certain number of characters as part of their contract, or award the license to another company. I'm sure there are a number of companies that would jump at the opportunity to get the license and produce a quality line-up. As opposed to Hot Toys, who's content to sit on the license and trickle out one paltry figure from the biggest movie of all time. I personally would like to see a line of at least 6-8 high quality Avatar/Avatar 2 figures with tear-resistant seamless bodies as well as a few creatures and the aforementioned AMP.
Last year, Disney signed a contract allowing HT to may any disney property they like, all part of the same deal. HT must be a huge licensing cash cow for Disney to sign an agreement like that.

Last year, Disney signed a contract allowing HT to may any disney property they like, all part of the same deal. HT must be a huge licensing cash cow for Disney to sign an agreement like that.
Explains why they randomly decided to do Lightyear. HT really is an operation where it must be, what figure should we announce today?

1046ACBB-C2A2-4548-912C-8D054CCCA1A0.gif

Hot Toys will probably display one or two nice looking prototypes at a couple of the conventions; show a “coming soon” sneak of Neytiri and maybe one of the new water Na’vi that never see the light of day; and end up producing a tweaked version of Jake under the Avatar 2 banner. I guess I’ll have to hold out hope for an unlicensed producer like SooSoo or Toys Era.

They have to do Neytiri, she is far and away the best character in the first film and presumably this one as well. Great design and Zoe Saldana really commits to the role. I won’t take no for an answer HT :)

The lack of Neytiri, native Jake and Quaritch (with AMP) was a huge letdown. Disney should either require Hot Toys to produce a certain number of characters as part of their contract, or award the license to another company. I'm sure there are a number of companies that would jump at the opportunity to get the license and produce a quality line-up. As opposed to Hot Toys, who's content to sit on the license and trickle out one paltry figure from the biggest movie of all time. I personally would like to see a line of at least 6-8 high quality Avatar/Avatar 2 figures with tear-resistant seamless bodies as well as a few creatures and the aforementioned AMP.
I have absolutely no doubt that hot toys will make several characters from Avatar... just as soon as they join the alliance and become troopers, or maybe they could wear ironman suits in the new film. I'm joking of
course. I have the Jake figure from the first film, that required new tooling, and I suspect they didn't want to do yet another body for Neytiri. But I agree 100% with you that it's ridiculous to have only one figure from the largest grossing movie in history

Mine looks like new. I have to hit him with a Swiffer duster every other month since he doesn’t fit in my detolf. He’s still a striking piece. I always wanted a Jake in his original BDU look without the war paint and feathers. I also always wanted a growling / yelling head sculpt.

Speaking of which I did rewatch Avatar (BTW there isn’t a 4k release?) recently to prepare for Way of Water. I watched it in HD on a 75” screen with Dolby Digital Plus kicking through my soundbar and subwoofer and this movie still holds up - it doesn’t look like a 13 year old movie at all. Pandora is still the star 🌟 of the show and it’s simply gorgeous. Hope they release a 4k/UHD version soon on blu ray since it was remaster that way when it got rereleased in theaters not that long ago.

The reviews I’ve seen for Way of Water have me extremely excited because so many talk about the visuals being ground breaking to just jaw dropping stunning.

Mine looks like new. I have to hit him with a Swiffer duster every other month since he doesn’t fit in my detolf. He’s still a striking piece. I always wanted a Jake in his original BDU look without the war paint and feathers. I also always wanted a growling / yelling head sculpt.

Speaking of which I did rewatch Avatar (BTW there isn’t a 4k release?) recently to prepare for Way of Water. I watched it in HD on a 75” screen with Dolby Digital Plus kicking through my soundbar and subwoofer and this movie still holds up - it doesn’t look like a 13 year old movie at all. Pandora is still the star 🌟 of the show and it’s simply gorgeous. Hope they release a 4k/UHD version soon on blu ray since it was remaster that way when it got rereleased in theaters not that long ago.

The reviews I’ve seen for Way of Water have me extremely excited because so many talk about the visuals being ground breaking to just jaw dropping stunning.
Yeah I did the same and was impressed that even in 2K it looked terrific. Can’t imagine how it would like in 4K but we are getting that and The Abyss next year finally!

They have to do Neytiri, she is far and away the best character in the first film and presumably this one as well. Great design and Zoe Saldana really commits to the role. I won’t take no for an answer HT :)

That's good. It's a shame they never made Neytiri.

I'd be down for a Neytiri figure!! :D I'd place her next to Gamora! :sneaky:

Yeah, I'm going to need a Hot Toys Neytiri. Still lukewarm, maybe even room temperature on this franchise, but the new movie reminded me of how cool she is. Even with the considerably smaller role she played, she stole every shot.

That and I'm just curious as to how Hot Toys would handle a Na'vi character 13 years later.

So uh, where are all the high end collectible announcements, teasers, reveals…anything?? Nothing from Hot Toys, Sideshow, Queen, Infinity, JND? Just Iron Studios? What’s going on?

So uh, where are all the high end collectible announcements, teasers, reveals…anything?? Nothing from Hot Toys, Sideshow, Queen, Infinity, JND? Just Iron Studios? What’s going on?
Prime 1 is doing a couple of small-scale dioramas. Not what I would've expected from them.

Back