Mars Toys 1/6 Batman Forever Two-Face

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dda7a5efd4036c275474dd8326c832d49e546b81.gifv

I like Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face because it’s a performance and character I just couldn’t really see him ever doing, before and after 1995.

You can sort of see glimpses of where he could go as far as being over the top with as William Stranix in Under Siege, but Harvey Two-Face goes far and beyond that. I dig the performance for what it is. He’s at his best at the circus, before teaming up with the Riddler, in my opinion. If the TLJ Dent is too zany and over the top, then Aaron Eckhart Two-Face is too stiff, bland and boring. So disappointing how one note he was, which wasn’t entirely his fault.

Still think Harvey Dent/Two-Face could be done better on the big screen, but I like Two-Face in Forever and Dark Knight for what they are.

The ridiculous "non-burn" make-up -- whatever its supposed to be -- on TLJ is just as silly as the ridiculous 'meat-ripped-away' on Eckhart's Two-Face. Both are impossible.

Nolan should have went for a true 'burn-victim' look which is horrific enough... the exposed skeleton jaw and sometimes moving muscles just made the character appear impossible, at least as far as having a drink at a bar and taking a ride in tumbling cars.

In that sense, the colorful, child-friendly Jones Two-Face at least is better suited to his distinctive world.

I like Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face because it’s a performance and character I just couldn’t really see him ever doing, before and after 1995.

You can sort of see glimpses of where he could go as far as being over the top with as William Stranix in Under Siege, but Harvey Two-Face goes far and beyond that. I dig the performance for what it is. He’s at his best at the circus, before teaming up with the Riddler, in my opinion. If the TLJ Dent is too zany and over the top, then Aaron Eckhart Two-Face is too stiff, bland and boring. So disappointing how one note he was, which wasn’t entirely his fault.

Still think Harvey Dent/Two-Face could be done better on the big screen, but I like Two-Face in Forever and Dark Knight for what they are.
This. Two-Face is my favorite DC character (and I'm a DC guy). The BTAS Two-Face is the definitive Two-Face outside of comics (and even then, he's better written than the majority of Two-Face's comic appearances!). But Tommy Lee Jones is just FUN as the character and his rendition will stand as a relic of its time in Bat-media history, which is not a bad thing. Everyone, EVERYONE always trots out the, "he's just doing Jack Nicholson's Joker," line, which is like.... WHAT? Did you guys WATCH Batman (1989) or are you a victim of the Mandela effect? Because Jack Nicholson's Joker was positively SUBDUED in comparison to this! This is on a whole other level of zany. It would be more appropriate to compare Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face to Frank Gorshin's Riddler (who, contrary to the Joker-centric narrative lately, laid the frame-work for maniacal, cackling supervillains in pop culture--and even Gorshin was aping Richard Widmark from Kiss of Death). Completely agreed on Eckhart, too. He's DULL. Noble, tragic. Sure. But dull. And not particularly comic-accurate, either (having Joker be responsible for Two-Face's scarring is just as egregious to the lore as having Joker be Joe Chill IMO).

Forever Two-Face is SO damned good at the "supervillain" side of Two-Face, and hasn't been topped on that front, and I will stand by that. In the opening five minutes of the movie he: escapes from Arkham Asylum; robs a bank; kills hostages; uses another hostage as live-bait; traps Batman in a vault; TOWS the vault from a HELICOPTER (!); fills said vault with ACID; flies a helicopter through billboards; and crashes a helicopter into (essentially) the Statue of Liberty. This is his opening gambit. This would be the CLIMAX of a Marvel villain's story. And in Forever, it's literally shrugged off in the next scene, lol.

He then goes onto take a circus hostage, kill a teen's entire family in front of him and--without question--comes the closest of ANY live-action Batman villain to date to actually KILLING Bruce. He shoots him in the HEAD. If it weren't for the Riddler's bullcrap, Two-Face would have finished Bats. He had him dead-to-rights. Not to mention, he deduced (correctly!) that Batman would be rich, charitable and a socialite and be a.) at the circus charity event and b.) be invited to Nygmatech's gala. He's right BOTH times! His gas-main death-trap was pretty smart, too, and the only reason Batman survived it is because of James Bond tech b.s. lol

-For all the talk of Riddler being so smart in Forever, it's actually Two-Face that exhibits cunning and guile in luring Batman out and dealing with him. It's only by happenstance that Nygma even discovers Batman's identity. If Forever had taken time to flesh out the HARVEY half of Two-Face more, this could be one of the all-time great villains.

Last edited:
The ridiculous "non-burn" make-up -- whatever its supposed to be -- on TLJ is just as silly as the ridiculous 'meat-ripped-away' on Eckhart's Two-Face. Both are impossible.

Nolan should have went for a true 'burn-victim' look which is horrific enough

I don't think the studio / MPAA would have allowed Nolan to do a fully realistic take on Two-Face with a fresh "burn-victim" look. The movie was already pressing as far against the line of being R-rated as it could.

Never liked the look of Eckhardt TF too. Always thought it might have been a good idea to not go with any makeup/burnt side at all. TF was always in Harvey. The visual transformation was nothing necessary. They could have used shadows to mimic the comic appearance in a key scene. But overall I believe giving the character more depth and explaining the characters psychological downfall would have given the character more justice than the sloppy makeup/visual effects.

The court room scene with Two Face's disfigurement is the silliest point in all 4 films. From Batman being there and leaping over to how the acid barely covers his face and doesn't match the clean cut line down his face is hilariously bad.

Amazing it made it in the movie.

^Still nearly the only comic-accurate depiction of Harvey's scarring. Off hand, the Long Halloween animated film is also the only one I think to do the acid origin accurately (just looked it up and the Gotham Knights TV show used acid, but did NOT have Sal Maroni fling it on him in open court). And Batman being in the gallery is straight out of Detective Comics #66, Two-Face's first appearance 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
As a concept I had no issue with it, the execution of it in BF is awful. Unless you are showing his downfall into Two Face as they did in BTAS, it is easier to have it done as a line of exposition, rather than a clumsy bit of a news story.

Back