Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 of an Avatar is 18", lol. I'm sure there are companies making 1/8 scale(Or whatever a 12" Avatar figure scale would be). But that's not going to scale with HT figures at 1/6.
Yea Idc about the scale is what I’m saying. Like I know it’s how they are in the film but I wonder how they would look if they were 12 inches or even 15

What a weird request in a place where people talk about the niche dollies they buy because of their accuracy.

What a weird request in a place where people talk about the niche dollies they buy because of their accuracy.
Who me? Wasn’t requesting. Just wondering if they’d do it. Also could less about how accurate something is. It was really just me wondering I could really care less if it happens or not so you all can chill lol

Who me? Wasn’t requesting. Just wondering if they’d do it. Also could less about how accurate something is. It was really just me wondering I could really care less if it happens or not so you all can chill lol
I'm not sure u are serious or joking, but how Navi appearance can transfer into 12" figure and not look bad? Who wants that, not me lol whole idea of this figure being bigger than 12" is to look accurate scale next to 12" figures,bc Navi ppl are basically 2 times biger than humans. They have different anatomy, longer torso,hands and legs so if u shrink it to 12" figure and still keep the propositions, you gonna end up with a tinyass head figure, which gonna look super weird lol

I'm not sure u are serious or joking, but how Navi appearance can transfer into 12" figure and not look bad? Who wants that, not me lol whole idea of this figure being bigger than 12" is to look accurate scale next to 12" figures,bc Navi ppl are basically 2 times biger than humans. They have different anatomy, longer torso,hands and legs so if u shrink it to 12" figure and still keep the propositions, you gonna end up with a tinyass head figure, which gonna look super weird lol
Lol I’m just wondering lil buddy. Everyone was talking about how the 18 inch looks like a toy so I said I wonder what a 12 inch figure would look like on them. No big deal. Move on

Lol I’m just wondering lil buddy. Everyone was talking about how the 18 inch looks like a toy so I said I wonder what a 12 inch figure would look like on them. No big deal. Move on
It'd look like a toy at any size, it's the body thats the problem since they can't do seamless with the printing.

I guess I'm the oddball but I have to admit that I still like the original figure and appreciate it on display.

I'm usually one to prefer seamless bodies whenever possible but I think that Hot Toys did a good job with the figure. I'm sure if they had used their usual rubber formula, it would have deteriorated long ago.

While I agree that these figures should be scaled accurately, if they only make Jake again then IMO it’s not worth worrying about, save for those that would kitbash humans from the Avatar franchise to pose alongside him. I really wouldn’t care how accurately Jake scales vs. Captain America or Wonder Woman lol.

It'd look like a toy at any size, it's the body thats the problem since they can't do seamless with the printing.
If Jake was made seamless, and was standing with the large machine gun in hands, the crook of his bent elbow would be putting major inward stress to that particular arm. After a few years in that position and once his bent arm straightened would blow the seam all the way to its skeleton. Silicone is a wonderful material but has its limits. I’ve worked with silicone quite a bit and have a lot of knowledge about the material.
Hot Toys Aliens are nothing but junk now unless it’s been in its box forever and there it needs to stay. Once it’s removed it’ll crack and break apart into rubber dust. Sully would be no different.

If Jake was made seamless, and was standing with the large machine gun in hands, the crook of his bent elbow would be putting major inward stress to that particular arm. After a few years in that position and once his bent arm straightened would blow the seam all the way to its skeleton. Silicone is a wonderful material but has its limits. I’ve worked with silicone quite a bit and have a lot of knowledge about the material.
Hot Toys Aliens are nothing but junk now unless it’s been in its box forever and there it needs to stay. Once it’s removed it’ll crack and break apart into rubber dust. Sully would be no different.
Aren’t there other factors though like humidity? My HT alien warrior is perfectly fine.

I have both the newer Alien Warrior and the original Big Chap and both are in perfect condition. (thankfully...)

Whatever material Hot Toys used on the "Alien" Kane and Dallas suits should be revisited, if possible, for current and future figures. I have four of them and they all are just like the day that they were first displayed.

Without pouring over old posts, did I miss a memo about the fragility of this figure? I’m not out driving golf balls with mine, but I don’t get the impression that it will fall apart if I look at it wrong

I ask based on Justin’s review

Back