Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first Jake had a nice use of mixed media…this will have a healthy dose of pleather…Hot Toys will cheap out on this release…IF it get’s made

He's sitting on that bird thing. Do you think HT may actually make the entire beast?

The tease already looks like mostly plastic parts. Cheap. Big... and cheap. Like Thanos.

The head sculpt they’re showing in the teaser pic above is definitely new. I’m sure the body is being recycled though.

So uh, where are all the high end collectible announcements, teasers, reveals…anything?? Nothing from Hot Toys, Sideshow, Queen, Infinity, JND? Just Iron Studios? What’s going on?
HT just announced a 1/6th Jake from the new movie.

giphy.gif

Really? We're doing this? An all-plastic lanky monkeycat with pleather all over? It's a scaled up McFarlane. Disney owns Avatar now so of course they'll want some "high end" product out there, but this looks really bad.

This better not be the figure they're ending the year with. Mace, a MoM Strange or Xavier, bloody Manletmor, Hell, even a Clown Kang would be better than a plastic lanky xeno monkeycat. If I had to choose between Jake Soo-lee and a goofy, wide-grinned Clown Kang with his apple, I'd choose the latter every time.

Last edited:
Here’s the slightly blurrier teaser. Hope they do Neytiri but knowing Hot Toys they will do this one and call it a day. Should come with an extra sculpt with war paint but also probably won’t. This will be a bare minimum figure most likely.

E618A2BF-F9AF-45C9-82E0-D11AA3EF6FD5.jpeg

Back