Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I'm hoping I can get this settled soon and grab one off Amazon or go to Sideshow directly. That way if there is any issue it is easily returnable! I was really surprised by the size of the figure tho! He looked awesome next to my Neytiri Poly. Tho I'm in desperate need of some good display cases :doh

I like the look we got, but they missed the boat on Neytiri. What a dumbass decision that was.

Yes, no Neytiri or any other supporting characters killed it... also there tends to be a lot of dislike for Avatar. I liked the movie and really like the figure... now I do wish I'd not paid full retail as even Sideshow's blown him out on their site, but you can't always predict what will go up, go down or get rereleased later on :lol

If memory serves this was a massively delayed license aswell. An example of HT failing to capitalise at the right time. Hello Prometheus.

Yes, no Neytiri or any other supporting characters killed it... also there tends to be a lot of dislike for Avatar. I liked the movie and really like the figure... now I do wish I'd not paid full retail as even Sideshow's blown him out on their site, but you can't always predict what will go up, go down or get rereleased later on :lol

Yes, I'm sure this can be said for early buyers of The Crow, Mime Joker, Bruce Banner and all three of the Man of Steel figures. Sometimes you cannot know what figures will be big sellers or not. I'm sure the $300+ price tag a few years ago might have had some bearing also.

I feel Avatar has the same backlash as Titanic had. It's like it's become popular to hate James Cameron films that have nothing to do with Terminator or Aliens lol. Doesn't bother me though, I don't care what other people think.

Are we finally getting Avatar 2 this year? Hard to believe it's already been 5 years since Avatar was released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm sure this can be said for early buyers of The Crow, Mime Joker, Bruce Banner and all three of the Man of Steel figures. Sometimes you cannot know what figures will be big sellers or not. I'm sure the $300+ price tag a few years ago might have had some bearing also.

I feel Avatar has the same backlash as Titanic had. It's like it's become popular to hate James Cameron films that have nothing to do with Terminator or Aliens lol. Doesn't bother me though, I don't care what other people think.

Are we finally getting Avatar 2 this year? Hard to believe it's already been 5 years since Avatar was released.

2016 it's slated for release.

2016 it's slated for release.

Avatar wasn't the best film ever (wasn't the worst, either) but unless these sequels hit it out of the park T2/Aliens-style, I really can't wait for them to be done with so he'll finally make that Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm film he's been talking about for years.

Also there's a vicious rumour going around he might be able to claim the Terminator rights back in 2019, hence the mad scramble from the current holders to get three films into cinemas by 2018. I really hope he does claim them back if he can, the last thing the world needs is more Terminator sequels (unless maybe Cameron himself made one and it wiped everything barring T1 and T2 out of existence :lol)

Avatar wasn't the best film ever (wasn't the worst, either) but unless these sequels hit it out of the park T2/Aliens-style, I really can't wait for them to be done with so he'll finally make that Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm film he's been talking about for years.

Also there's a vicious rumour going around he might be able to claim the Terminator rights back in 2019, hence the mad scramble from the current holders to get three films into cinemas by 2018. I really hope he does claim them back if he can, the last thing the world needs is more Terminator sequels (unless maybe Cameron himself made one and it wiped everything barring T1 and T2 out of existence :lol)

I don't think Cameron will be making any more terminator films. As he said himself there was just nowhere left to go after terminator 2, the storyarc had reached its logical conclusion.

I don't think Cameron will be making any more terminator films. As he said himself there was just nowhere left to go after terminator 2, the storyarc had reached its logical conclusion.

Well I quite like TSCC, but as for the films, I agree. For some reason they believe a Terminator film must have Arnie, even in some small dose like Terminator Salvation.
Personally Sarah Connor is my favourite character of the franchise, however I don't think Emilia Clarke will be good in the role.

Clean my display cabinet and decided to give Sully a pose holding the gun, the arms broke :slap. I am glad I enjoy a little bit of DIY, else would have been really pissed.

I still can't decide if I want this figure or not. I've been debating ever since it was released.

Maybe if I find a cheap one. :lol Somebody talk me in or out of buying this guy! Ugh.

I still can't decide if I want this figure or not. I've been debating ever since it was released.

Maybe if I find a cheap one. :lol Somebody talk me in or out of buying this guy! Ugh.

I'm constantly selling old Hot Toys and buying new ones. This is one of the few I held onto since I bought it. It's an amazing piece.

Hm...ya'll. This on 'clearance' at bbts. Should I buy him? Convince me by posting pics perhaps please?

Edit: nevermind I need it.

Hm...ya'll. This on 'clearance' at bbts. Should I buy him? Convince me by posting pics perhaps please?

Edit: nevermind I need it.

It's a really impressive figure, whether looked at just on it's own, or next to other figures for the scale comparison.
Just be aware the arms only bend to 90 degrees because they have a single joint, so some poses are hard to get with the gun. I normally go with a simple museum pose for that reason.

IMG_5328.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

null_zpse10f3c57.jpg

32BE4489-3301-4603-A570-F7C92D2C416A.jpg

I've heard a couple people say this guy is a bit fragile. Any truth to that?

Back