Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a major favor to ask.
I recently bought a recast machine gun from Avatar but I think the scale is smaller and there is few details missing, like barrel, sling, etc.

would it be possible who owns jake to measure his gun and to post pictures of the right, left, top, bottom, front and back sides, and a side front angle?
I know its a lot but it would be very helpful for me
thx

I've heard a couple people say this guy is a bit fragile. Any truth to that?

Yes, the plastic part holding the arms to the inner mechanism is small and fragile. Mine was in a musuem pose for a while, then when I decided to change the position of the arms, they fell off. Had to glue them back, they are still movable, but not as much.

Where I am at, a used figure is selling a little over USD100. If I don't have one, I would buy that ....fragile arms or not. It is a good looking figure

I always wanted to get a "spare" so i could get a costume made for him in his original costume before he starts wearing just a loin cloth.

That would be a pretty cool custom.

This is a very nice figure. I would have loved to have gotten a "Neytiri" from Hot Toys, as a companion piece.

I'm considering this figure and wonder: is there any way to fit him in a detolf without raising a shelf? For example in a crouched position

With the Release of the next 4 movies.....this Hot Toy will not be selling at anything like 100.00 USD soon.......

I got mine cheap, at 185.99.....where are you seeing it sold for 100.00 if I might ask?

With the Release of the next 4 movies.....this Hot Toy will not be selling at anything like 100.00 USD soon.......

I got mine cheap, at 185.99.....where are you seeing it sold for 100.00 if I might ask?

Malaysan E-bay site, but no longer available. Cheapest I have seen a used one is RM450 (USD115), it was listed for months without any buyer.

I no longer preorder any new figures, usually pick up used figures for cheap. Cheapest BIB figure I got is RM300 (USD77)for a Hottoys Dark World Thor. :)

How likely are we going to see Hot Toys dip their toe back into this pool with Avatar 2 coming out? I mean they fronted a huge cost to tool the body for Jake, so it wouldn’t take much to make a Jake 2.0 or even the other characters from the new flick.

How likely are we going to see Hot Toys dip their toe back into this pool with Avatar 2 coming out? I mean they fronted a huge cost to tool the body for Jake, so it wouldn’t take much to make a Jake 2.0 or even the other characters from the new flick.
I'd rather see a Neytiri. Was so sure they'd make her first, but we only got final battle Jake.

The lack of a Neytiri release was another Hot Toys miss. They would have complimented each other not only on display but for Hot Toys, in sales.

At this point, I'm not sure if Hot Toys would even dive into figures from the new film.
I always felt that too - but as for new figures I was wondering because the basic figure tooling exist. I’d love a Neytiri.

The lack of Neytiri, native Jake and Quaritch (with AMP) was a huge letdown. Disney should either require Hot Toys to produce a certain number of characters as part of their contract, or award the license to another company. I'm sure there are a number of companies that would jump at the opportunity to get the license and produce a quality line-up. As opposed to Hot Toys, who's content to sit on the license and trickle out one paltry figure from the biggest movie of all time. I personally would like to see a line of at least 6-8 high quality Avatar/Avatar 2 figures with tear-resistant seamless bodies as well as a few creatures and the aforementioned AMP.

The lack of Neytiri, native Jake and Quaritch (with AMP) was a huge letdown. Disney should either require Hot Toys to produce a certain number of characters as part of their contract, or award the license to another company. I'm sure there are a number of companies that would jump at the opportunity to get the license and produce a quality line-up. As opposed to Hot Toys, who's content to sit on the license and trickle out one paltry figure from the biggest movie of all time. I personally would like to see a line of at least 6-8 high quality Avatar/Avatar 2 figures with tear-resistant seamless bodies as well as a few creatures and the aforementioned AMP.
I would love some more 1/6 figures but truth is the merch was never a big seller for Avatar. Also note that Disney did not own Fox when the first film came out.

I know Jake wasn’t a big seller for Hot Toys, but I think sales were hurt by the fact that many folks were waiting to see if Neytiri or any other characters would be released. I’m not certain if the license arrangement with 20th Century Fox transferred over or expired. Hot Toys has a knack of scooping up licenses just to sit on them, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re already secured. If that’s the case a lot of collectors will remember the first experience with the line (not to mention HT propensity for teasing and never releasing figures) so the cycle will likely repeat itself unless it ends up in the hands of someone like ThreeZero. Alternatively I could see someone like SooSoo or Toys Era producing their own line. Toys Era in particular has been willing to produce a variety of body types and sizes including figures like the Black Order, Darkseid and Steppenwolf. In which case they’d probably produce more characters, at lower prices that would be in hand sooner. Maybe that would be the best scenario.

If Hot toys did Colonel Quaritch, I'd pick up in a hearbeat. He was such a cool character in the movie. Na'vis are cool, but limbs are too long and tall for my collection.

Back