Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stand in question was mine. It had never been removed from the box and was still in the plastic baggie when I took it out. Honestly, it was mint when it was mailed, but like a doofus I used a padded mailer instead of a small box. :slap I emailed him back as soon as I got his message (I can only check the boards at work) and refunded his money immediately. Heck, I even paid him back a little extra to cover the return shipping.

Moral of the story: Mailer envelopes are not my friend when fellow freaks need their items MINT.:)

Good on ya!

31770_1435918970915_1021177513_1250035_5465044_n.jpg

31770_1435909410676_1021177513_1250028_4806923_n.jpg

31770_1435913970790_1021177513_1250033_1477716_n.jpg

31770_1435913090768_1021177513_1250032_2029459_n.jpg

31770_1435912250747_1021177513_1250031_4131294_n.jpg

Photos by Albern Felix

I have both figures and I tell you, both are very good (and may become equally rare), but I would give the slight edge to the DX. I do like the look of the original suit more, but as an overall figure, DX is better in terms of quality.

I wasn't making the comparison based on quality, but on design. Chinoz said the quality of the DX is better. Even without leaky abs, I'm not sure DX wins on that level. Figure they are pretty close to the same. DX has more fancy options, more detail on the suit (because the suit is, by its nature, more detailed), and more maneuverability in the head (since you really can't move OC's head at all). But still, I think OC Bats is better. Looks more imposing and iconic. Googly eyes and changeable chins would be nice, though.

I wasn't making the comparison based on quality, but on design. Chinoz said the quality of the DX is better. Even without leaky abs, I'm not sure DX wins on that level. Figure they are pretty close to the same. DX has more fancy options, more detail on the suit (because the suit is, by its nature, more detailed), and more maneuverability in the head (since you really can't move OC's head at all). But still, I think OC Bats is better. Looks more imposing and iconic. Googly eyes and changeable chins would be nice, though.

As soon as I read "Acid Scarred", I thought you meant quality :dunno

You misunderstand--I think the OC Bats is better than the DX Bats for reasons other than quality. However, if you are going to compare them based on quality, I think they are either a push, or OC wins because there is no instance of leaky abs leading to rubber suit being destroyed.

That may be true but the rubber on the OC Bats is very fragile and will weather easily. How many of us OC owners have seen the weathering? I have a few and all of them have shown signs of loss of finish and my OC that's in the best condition just got a finger print marking on it or something. Also I keep all my figures in a good environment. They've also been boxed up the last few months so there is no reason why it should show any further sign o deterrioration. So quality speaking I think the DX has the win for longer shelf life. The plastic wont deterriorate as fast as the rubber and it has more durability to it. All this oil talk is old news so that has no bearing on the question of durability, at least for now. All that talk is due to old wounds still being open.

So quality speaking I think the DX has the win for longer shelf life. The plastic wont deterriorate as fast as the rubber and it has more durability to it.
We shall see if the rubber of the DX suit holds up better than the OC version's rubber. Personally, I never noticed the wear you guys were talking about with the OC version on mine (I've had 3 in my possession). I still think it is a "push." In terms of quality, I would never rank an HT rubber suit or armed figure too high, because in a few years, we could have another Rambo 2 on our hands. I wish they could come up with another solution for the suits somehow. . .

I prefer the original costume Batman as well. The design and general look is more favorable to me. It's a classic and has the Batman feel to it, while I always thought the new suit design lacked somehow.

I ordered a DX off of Hastings because I got him really cheap, but if I had to chose one Hot Toys Batman, the original suit would be the one.

As for me the OC would win. Both are great and I'm also a fan of the second Bat-suit but as an iconic figure the oc wins. And when I look at my detolf and someone would give me the choice to keep only one Batman figure, I would have taken the OC.

But in fairness, Thrustmaster, your OC Batman is about 50 times cooler than the stock version. If I could choose between your Batman and any figure on my shelf, I would pick it, too. :D

But in fairness, Thrustmaster, your OC Batman is about 50 times cooler than the stock version. If I could choose between your Batman and any figure on my shelf, I would pick it, too. :D

Oooooooo

anyone have pics of TM's OC?

Heck, I wouldn't expect anything less than a 50 times cooler Batman from someone called Thrustmaster :lol

Back