Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't making the comparison based on quality, but on design. Chinoz said the quality of the DX is better. Even without leaky abs, I'm not sure DX wins on that level. Figure they are pretty close to the same. DX has more fancy options, more detail on the suit (because the suit is, by its nature, more detailed), and more maneuverability in the head (since you really can't move OC's head at all). But still, I think OC Bats is better. Looks more imposing and iconic. Googly eyes and changeable chins would be nice, though.

That is entirely besides the point. That was a choice that was made be Christopher Noland and crew, not Hot Toys. If you are trying to decide which figure is "better" the only design factor should be, how well does it represent the source material. Just because you like the Batman Begins source material better, does not necessarily mean the OC Bats figure is better.

Too bad that when you blinked the OC would fall over.

Short of gluing his ankles nothing worked at keeping him standing w/o his base.....stuffing his boots with tissue never worked for me.

Except DX, I hate bases!

Stupid metal bar scuffing up the inner thigh rubber, that's why!

Screw it, I hate the DX base too, it can go ____ itself!

Last edited:
2 ways to fix the ankles and no glue! Either cut thin peices and wrap tissue around the ankle pegs as you insert them into the boots or get some of that plumbers tape, pft tape? guaranteed to stiffen it up. It's not sticky but it clings itself to the surface for a tight fit.

HD_6439_M.jpg

2 ways to fix the ankles and no glue! Either cut thin peices and wrap tissue around the ankle pegs as you insert them into the boots or get some of that plumbers tape, pft tape? guaranteed to stiffen it up. It's not sticky but it clings itself to the surface for a tight fit.

HD_6439_M.jpg

You :rock :rock :rock

I should try that around my own ankle!

I roll/fold electrical tape in on itself, and jam it in the joints. The outside surface of the electrical take is tacky enough to make a big difference.
The plummers tape is a great idea though...

I should try that around my own ankle!

:lol

Anyone know how to fix the knee of an OC BATMAN? one of my OCs has a loose knee and with not being able to take off the suit I don't know how to fix it.

HD_6439_M.jpg

You can also use layers of nail polish on the ball to build it up and create a tighter fit with the cup joint.

You can also use layers of nail polish on the ball to build it up and create a tighter fit with the cup joint.

This method will only work if the ball join inside the boot isn't cracked. You see, the problem is Hot Toys cheapened out and used a thin clear plastic for ankle cup inside the boot, which is inherently weak and prone to cracking.

What I did is simply glue the ankle barbell to the cracked plastic cup. The foot now articulated at the top of the barbell, with minimal loss of articulation.

Hope this helps.

BOBBY

Only problem is that is a permanent mod, and not all of us are comfortable with that.

Only problem is that is a permanent mod, and not all of us are comfortable with that.

True, but ankle pegs are real easy to replace. You can get a few spare, so if for some reason you want to revert to the non-modified version (to sell it, for instance), you can swap them out relatively easily.

Back