Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boba Fett is about 10 years old in Attack of the Clones, putting him in his early to mid 40's during The Mandalorian.

He also took an acid bath in the Sarlaac for an unknown amount of time. He's still tough, but he's not at peak condition.

We don't know Koska's age (Mercedes Varnado is 29), but she's a skilled enough to be one of Bo-Katan's trusted warriors.

And it was more of a brawl than an actual fight. If either of them wanted to actually kill the other, they could have.

Plus Koska is actually a Mandalorian, they’re literally described as being the best warriors in the galaxy, Boba was only trained by Jango himself for a couple of years tops.
From what we’ve seen the rest of his training came from other Bounty Hunters like Cad Bane & Aurra Sing.

Duly noted! Yeah I hadn't really taken into account Boba's time from the PT (haven't seen them) and yeah his Sarlacc escape must've taken a lot outta him.

Boba Fett is about 10 years old in Attack of the Clones, putting him in his early to mid 40's during The Mandalorian.

He also took an acid bath in the Sarlaac for an unknown amount of time. He's still tough, but he's not at peak condition.

You think he came out diminished? I think he came out madder than hell.

I dont think he was in there for more than a few days; I am sure the new show will tell us much more about what happened.

Are you reading the new War of the Bounty Hunters series? Just going by the prelude comic.... trust me, if Fett, even in his 40s wanted Koska dead she would have been very very dead. She amused him, he was ****ing with her big-time.

Someone else: Boba was only trained by Jango himself for a couple of years tops.

He was about 12? When Jango died, and IIRC Mandalorian children begin training at 7....? So he was with Jango for a while. Boba may not consider himself Mandalorian, but Jango DEFINITELY considered himself one.

[…] if Fett, even in his 40s wanted Koska dead she would have been very very dead. She amused him, he was ****ing with her big-time.
Yes, if Fett really wanted to kill her he could have. I did say that in the same post you quoted:

And it was more of a brawl than an actual fight. If either of them wanted to actually kill the other, they could have.

She is in her prime and Boba is an old chewed up dog at this point. But he still has experience and is the Fett.

Boba was only in the Sarlaac for a few days or so at most. Couldn't have been longer because as in Cobb Vanth's flashback, he was rescued by the Jawas a few days after he escapes the thugs attack, which happened very soon after the deathstar was destroyed, which in turn happened not long after Boba went into the pit.
He then had 5 years to recover until his scuffle with Koska.
I'd argue, judging by the way he physically dominated the Stormtroopers, he's still very physically strong.
A man like Boba Fett in his 40's would still be tough and strong.
Koska catching out Boba with skill and the use of her jetpack is ok. Boba wasn't taking it seriously and was caught out.
However, Koska being strong enough to hold Boba with one arm and he struggle needing 2, with the grapple line, I do object to.
There's no way a physically small woman like Koska should be able to out muscle Boba like that.
Her skill level in a tug of war wouldn't be as important as physical strength.
The jetpack assisted take down is fine. Ending with the 2 of them equal, with flamethrowers on each other is fine. Koska seemingly being physically stronger than Boba is hard to believe.
As MyenShi has already pointed out, they weren't really trying to kill each other. If Boba had truly wanted to I think he could have.
I do think Koska was perhaps taking it slightly more seriously than Boba though. She was angry at his comments to Bo and probably wanted to hurt him.
I do find it interesting though that after Bo's "you're not Mandalorian, disgrace to the armour" etc speech, she does say "enough both of you" and talks about if they fought that hard against the Empire, they might not have lost Mandalore.
Then you have Boba and Bo seemingly caring about each others welfare before thd attack on Gideon's ship.
Seems Bo is more accepting of Boba by the end of the episode.

Boba was only in the Sarlaac for a few days or so at most. Couldn't have been longer because as in Cobb Vanth's flashback, he was rescued by the Jawas a few days after he escapes the thugs attack, which happened very soon after the deathstar was destroyed, which in turn happened not long after Boba went into the pit.
I'd argue, judging by the way he physically dominated the Stormtroopers, he's still very physically strong.
Koska catching out Boba with skill and the use of her jetpack is ok. Boba wasn't taking it seriously and was caught out.
However, Koska being strong enough to hold Boba with one arm and he struggle needing 2, with the grapple line, I do object to.
There's no way a physically small woman like Koska should be able to out muscle Boba like that.
The jetpack assisted take down is fine. Ending with the 2 of them equal, with flamethrowers on each other is fine. Koska seemingly being physically stronger than Boba is hard to believe.
As MyenShi has already pointed out, they weren't really trying to kill each other. If Boba had truly wanted to I think he could have.
I do think Koska was perhaps taking it slightly more seriously than Boba though. She was angry at his comments to Bo and probably wanted to hurt him.
I do find it interesting though that after Bo's "you're not Mandalorian, disgrace to the armour" etc speech, she does say "enough both of you" and talks about if they fought that hard against the Empire, they might not have lost Mandalore.
Then you have Boba and Bo seemingly caring about each others welfare before thd attack on Gideon's ship.
You make good points as well.

There is no doubting his strength, resilience, and experience. He's still got a lot of brute strength, though strength isn't everything in a fight.

We also don't know how he got out of the Sarlaac, or what he went through after that, all of which could've taken some kind of toll on him. I wonder if that's something they'll flesh out either in TBOBF, a comic, or a novel.

I do think it's important to consider how physically and mentally damaging it would be to be in the Sarlaac, even for a few days. Not only are you being digested and soaked in stomach acid, but the Sarlaac injects you with all sorts of nasty stuff like neurotoxins.

I can't imagine a hot dog is comfortable while we digest it. Being in a Sarlaac must be magnitudes worse.

In the Expanded Universe, Boba Fett suffered long term health effects from his time in the Sarlaac, as well as various injuries catching up to him as he aged which did slow him down a bit.

Another important factor is that he's a clone. Unmodified, yes, but despite Kaminoan skill and ingenuity with the science, it's still not a perfect process. So while we don't know where they'll take Boba Fett in the future in the new canon, he has been written in the past as suffering from effects of clone degradation as he got older.

And I did also notice Boba Fett and Bo-Katan got on better after their initial meeting, which was understandable considering her past. I don't think they had any real personal animosity, and probably came away with some degree of mutual respect for being willing to undertake this very dangerous mission to save a foundling partly on the basis of honor.

Last edited:
Then you have Boba and Bo seemingly caring about each others welfare before the attack on Gideon's ship.

These are all excellent points.

One of my main questions is, once he got out of the sarlacc WHY did he hang around on Tatooine [for years? idk] In the EU he immediately left Tatooine, and who could blame him. Perhaps it took a while to recover.

IIRC he did suffer effects from the sarlacc, but they did not hit till way later in life; I think he was about 75.

As for Koska, I am of two minds. I am generally not a fan of 120 lb women taking down 200 lb men, this breaks my suspension of disbelief. BUT.... but, these are Mandalorians. They've been trained since age 7. So effective are they, Mandalorian women were even amongst the Cuy'val Dar. So I respect them and their abilities a lot. The Armorer was certainly not holding back either.

Another thing I'm super curious about is the size of the grudge Fett had for Bib Fortuna. WHAT did Bib do....? Guess we'll find out. Bib certainly had it coming, but Boba seems to have had especial animus for him besides all the other crap Bib did.

You make good points as well.

There is no doubting his strength, resilience, and experience. He's still got a lot of brute strength, though strength isn't everything in a fight.

We also don't know how he got out of the Sarlaac, or what he went through after that, all of which could've taken some kind of toll on him. I wonder if that's something they'll flesh out either in TBOBF, a comic, or a novel.

I do think it's important to consider how physically and mentally damaging it would be to be in the Sarlaac, even for a few days. Not only are you being digested and soaked in stomach acid, but the Sarlaac injects you with all sorts of nasty stuff like neurotoxins.

I can't imagine a hot dog is comfortable while we digest it. Being in a Sarlaac must be magnitudes worse.

In the Expanded Universe, Boba Fett suffered long term health effects from his time in the Sarlaac, as well as various injuries catching up to him as he aged which did slow him down a bit.

Another important factor is that he's a clone. Unmodified, yes, but despite Kaminoan skill and ingenuity with the science, it's still not a perfect process. So while we don't know where they'll take Boba Fett in the future in the new canon, he has been written in the past as suffering from effects of clone degradation as he got older.

And I did also notice Boba Fett and Bo-Katan got on better after their initial meeting, which was understandable considering her past. I don't think they had any real personal animosity, and probably came away with some degree of mutual respect for being willing to undertake this very dangerous mission to save a foundling partly on the basis of honor.

As I say, it was only that brief moment where Koska overpowers him with one arm. All good points re the devastating effect of the Sarlaac and the potential for degradation due to his being a clone. All could definitely contribute to weakening Boba compared to his pre ROTJ self. The way he physically dominated Stormtroopers would suggest he's not been weekend that much though. Really looking forward to BoBF to see him in action again. Good chance they'll address the escape from and any effects from being inside the Sarlaac.
I'm curious to see to what extent we get flashbacks. I know Temeura said the show explores Boba's life during the OT. Wonder if any de-aging tech will be used.
Personally I'm hoping for a Jango teaching Boba flashback or maybe even something including Jaster Mereel. Way outside of the OT which Temuera hinted at but still, I can dream.
I hope we get to see more interactions between Boba and Bo Katan at some point. Curious if he'd embrace Mando culture, perhaps to follow his father's foot steps but then again, I'm not sure if that'd fit Boba, after all "I'm a simple man, making my way through the galaxy, like my father before me"

These are all excellent points.

One of my main questions is, once he got out of the sarlacc WHY did he hang around on Tatooine [for years? idk] In the EU he immediately left Tatooine, and who could blame him. Perhaps it took a while to recover.

IIRC he did suffer effects from the sarlacc, but they did not hit till way later in life; I think he was about 75.

As for Koska, I am of two minds. I am generally not a fan of 120 lb women taking down 200 lb men, this breaks my suspension of disbelief. BUT.... but, these are Mandalorians. They've been trained since age 7. So effective are they, Mandalorian women were even amongst the Cuy'val Dar. So I respect them and their abilities a lot. The Armorer was certainly not holding back either.

Another thing I'm super curious about is the size of the grudge Fett had for Bib Fortuna. WHAT did Bib do....? Guess we'll find out. Bib certainly had it coming, but Boba seems to have had especial animus for him besides all the other crap Bib did.

Yeah I'm really curious about the staying on Tattooine for the years thing too.
I imagine a fair bit of time was spent recovering but probably not 5 full years.
He clearly had access to Slave 1 as he easily retrieved it in The Mandalorian.
He could have left anytime he wanted (once sufficiently healed).
He also has Tusken weapons so there should be an interesting story behind that.
I may be misremembering it, but at the end of episode 5(?) of season 1, when, as we now have confirmation, Boba found Fennec, he was following one of those trackers to her body. That would imply he was hunting her for the bounty.
Perhaps he was indeed bounty hunting during those 5 years but only locally on Tattooine.
Then again, for all we know, Boba may have just been using Tattooine as a base as his Father used Kamino as a base. Frequently leaving and returning.
There's also the question of why hd didn't retrieve his armour from Cobb Vanth.
I find it hard to believe over a 5 year period on Tattooine he never found out Cobb had his armour and never tracked him down.
The fact he was right there, on the ridge, watching Mando kill the Krayt dragon would likely mean he was either keeping tabs on Vanth or was tracking and watching Mando soon as he arrived on Tattooine.

Yeah I remember those "Legends" books. That could do something similar in the new canon. So many things, so many directions they could take BoBF

Yeah I'm still not convinced by the Kosks overpowering Boba thing. Using skill, surprise and her Jetpack to take the upper hand is all good but out muscling him is a bit of a push for me.

Executing Bib was hardcore. Honestly I didn't really read that much into previously. He was on the throne, in the way, so Boba removed him. However, now I think of it, why didn't Fennec just shoot him when she shot everyone else? Boba didn't need to personally do it.
Unless it was symbolic or he was making a point? But no one else other than Boba, Fennec and us witnessed that so who's benefit was it for?

Must say though, haven't been this hyped for a Star Wars project for a very very long time.

Last edited:
The way he physically dominated Stormtroopers would suggest he's not been weekend that much though. Really looking forward to BoBF to see him in action again.
Yeah but as you would personally have experienced as a Biker Scout, Imperial troops are weak against melee weapons like clubs and spears.

Yub yub. :lol

Looking forward to seeing more of him in action as well. Really appreciate Temuera Morrison’s presence and enthusiasm for the character.

I’m just so happy the character finally gets to have significant action scenes on screen instead of just books and comics like before.

Young Jango and Jaster Mereel flashback!!! Where is that spazzy-Kermit gif when you need it?! God I hope they show that!!

So i was thinking like maybe he got out of the sarlacc and someone had absconded with Slave 1, despite Bobas security protocols and he was stuck on Tattooine as in, stranded. Though at this time in his life he should command considerable monies. But no, there we are on Tython and heres Slave 1 coming round the mountain. There went my theory..... More mystefied than ever.

Yeah but as you would personally have experienced as a Biker Scout, Imperial troops are weak against melee weapons like clubs and spears.

Yub yub. :lol

Looking forward to seeing more of him in action as well. Really appreciate Temuera Morrison’s presence and enthusiasm for the character.

I’m just so happy the character finally gets to have significant action scenes on screen instead of just books and comics like before.

Well you've got me there :)
Teddy bears with little sticks are lethal to stormies, a bounty hunter with a big stick is the end of all things.

Temuera seems to have so much passion for playing the Fetts. He brings so much to the role. The making of show brought to light just how involved he was in helping develop Boba's fighting style.
I'd always imagined Boba as a gun slinger, the black hat gunfighter like Angel Eyes in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. But in Robert Rodriguez's words, they made him a barbarian.
I love Temuera's facial expressions when he's brutalising Stormies with his club of doom. Almost like the Haka.
Got to give special mention to Boba's new theme. Phenomenal work.

This interview for the making of Republic Commando videos always makes me smile, too.

Having Boba do a full on Haka would be a bit much I would think, the more subtle way they included it in Boba's moves is probably much better but part of me would love to see Boba doing a full on Haka.

Something just occurred to me. Although it's subtle, the haka is there in the way Temuera moves. Different than the way the Mando characters fight. Makes me wonder if its a Mando technique taught to him by Jango, or is it something specific to the Fetts and the original culture they were from, before Jango became a foundling. Maybe I'm just over thinking it.
Anyway, thank you for sharing the clips, I love seeing how enthusiastic Temuera is about his roles.

dw1.jpg

dw2.jpg

dw3.jpg

TY for pix!!! I love his colors so much.

He's even looking better than I remembered.

I have him on pre-order, and have often felt it was a mistake because he's a character from an earlier period. Yet the outfit is timeless enough to have him along other Mandalorians.

Back