Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my opinion, but they should only charge the last payment when they can ship within a couple days time. Is this SS or TW?

That's what they do, that last payment will sit there until the figure ships, if that's what you want to do. I usually just go ahead and pay it off, it makes the whole thing a lot less painful. I had Cody paid off months before he actually shipped.

Some people dislike SS holding their money like that, but to me its just a convenience and I can start thinking about who to pay off next.

I’ve got this ordered thru SS and haven’t gotten any kind of notification for final payment. Kinda regretting that I did now. I think I’m gonna want this sooner rather than later so I’ll be very tempted to order from HK when it releases.

That's what they do, that last payment will sit there until the figure ships, if that's what you want to do. I usually just go ahead and pay it off, it makes the whole thing a lot less painful. I had Cody paid off months before he actually shipped.

Some people dislike SS holding their money like that, but to me its just a convenience and I can start thinking about who to pay off next.
Nothing wrong with different options for people.
I’ve got this ordered thru SS and haven’t gotten any kind of notification for final payment. Kinda regretting that I did now. I think I’m gonna want this sooner rather than later so I’ll be very tempted to order from HK when it releases.
I've seen some getting notified for Mysterio while others have not. Weird as initial shipments used to be widespread for SS customers, but EG Cap seems to be all over the place. Might be the norm for now.

if you are paying all at once, you probably would not get a notification. I'm using payments - why not, its not like the figure is HERE now - and that first payment is what's about to go down. Payments seem to be proceeding as planned, so it seems like maybe....? we wont have delays on Deathwatch? The final payment is when they usually tell you about delays. We'll see.... He better not get delayed, this is a super-simple figure with simple accessories.

Hopefully the rumors are true he’s next. Love this guys look.
He’s got to be one of the next releases, I keep hearing Ahsoka from someone who is very accurate. But regardless, Ahsoka, DW, and Rex are more than likely the next three SW.

I keep thinking about ordering a second one. Would have been a much easier decision had they included some extra parts without the stripes painted on for multiple looks. Instead of the need to paint match if I bought one to alter.

Agreed. He should’ve just been a deluxe like the 501st Clone. It would’ve been so easy to add additional chest, shoulder, and thigh pieces with the different stripe rankings.

I keep thinking about ordering a second one. Would have been a much easier decision had they included some extra parts without the stripes painted on for multiple looks. Instead of the need to paint match if I bought one to alter.

Agreed. He should’ve just been a deluxe like the 501st Clone. It would’ve been so easy to add additional chest, shoulder, and thigh pieces with the different stripe rankings.

Hell even another blaster would've been nice. I think this looks cool but I didn't PO. At the time of preorder though I had considered 2 but didn't without the options.

Not sure what the differences are exactly. But I guess addition of a stripe wouldn't be too difficult with some mask tape and paint.

I think it’s rank insignia. The main one we see has three, there’s one with two, and one with one stripe, the death watch in the backgrounds don’t have any. Would be easy to add stripes, but to paint match and cover them up is more of a pain.

Exactly. Once we get to the “you can just do it yourself”, that’s usually a no-go for me:lol

This is one of my least anticipated pre-orders.

I was high on The Mandalorian and regretted ordering almost immediately, because he isn't from the post-OT era.

Not that Mandalorians changed much in appearance, but his leather boots look unique. With Koska and Axe they resemble spats instead.

Koska-Reeves-Alex-Woves-The-Mandalorian-Star-Wars-Hot-Toys-Sideshow-1.jpg

The Death Watch does have a better helmet design than Axe though.

That white ring just makes me thing of a 'cut here' guide for a pathologist about to perform an autopsy. :horror

Would've been a very tempting target for a Jedi armed with a lightsaber. :lol

This is one of my least anticipated pre-orders.

I was high on The Mandalorian and regretted ordering almost immediately, because he isn't from the post-OT era.

Not that Mandalorians changed much in appearance, but his leather boots look unique. With Koska and Axe they resemble spats instead.

Koska-Reeves-Alex-Woves-The-Mandalorian-Star-Wars-Hot-Toys-Sideshow-1.jpg

The Death Watch does have a better helmet design than Axe though.

WE BETTER GET ALL THREE OF THEM. Damn it. :cautious:

Right now DW is perhaps the closest thing to a father figure Din has, so just for that reason alone I am buying him. Thinking about actually posing him as close to the hand-extended pose as I can get. Brown flight suit, purple suit whatever. Still want him.

If he was a young man when he rescued Baby Din, he would probably be getting on up there now..... ? I dunno.
Well, say Djarin is 45 in Mandalorian and 10 during the purge/attack. DWM was probably like 30 years old at time of attack, he would then be 65 in the Mandalorian.

So, seeing this guy in upcoming seasons as a clan leader of some sort isn’t too weird.

Last edited:
Back