Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great time to be a Fett/Mando collector where releases of Mandalorian armored characters can actually go under the radar.

Looking forward to this guy and I really hope we get a repainted version as Axe Woves.
I do wonder if HT are going to do Axe and Koska. Mando line looking good for releases. Not sure if Axe and Koska have done enough in the show yet and the Armorer probably is more deserving of a release then them. I suspect S3 will have more Mandos.

I quite liked that flashback scene in the S1 finale, where a Death Watch member saved a young Din. This one's on my radar now, but I wouldn't have thought I'd be picking up more SW figures but here I am :lol

I do wonder if HT are going to do Axe and Koska. Mando line looking good for releases. Not sure if Axe and Koska have done enough in the show yet and the Armorer probably is more deserving of a release then them. I suspect S3 will have more Mandos.

Yeah Axe and Koska would be grrreat!!

If S3 goes to Mandalore, we're probably gonna get more Mando figs lol

I’m giving Axe and Koska a good chance just because of how easy they are To repaint and repackage. Koska really just needs an updated helmet and actually has less parts than Bo-Katan and she has quite a few fans from what I’ve seen.

Axe is a complete Death Watch repaint. I don’t even care about either having a headsculpt so they’re both easy peezy releases in my book.

I hope we see Mandalore in S3. Really any Mando is an easy make for HT since all have a same basic template.

I’m giving Axe and Koska a good chance just because of how easy they are To repaint and repackage. Koska really just needs an updated helmet and actually has less parts than Bo-Katan and she has quite a few fans from what I’ve seen.

Axe is a complete Death Watch repaint. I don’t even care about either having a headsculpt so they’re both easy peezy releases in my book.
Would love a Koska,just a repaint of Bo parts and few little intricacies like you said.
Then I'd pose her kneeing Boba Fett.
THAT whole scene was freaking awesome.
Definitely keen on this Death Watch release plus any more Mandalorians that may come in a future timeframe.

I hope we see Mandalore in S3. Really any Mando is an easy make for HT since all have a same basic template.

Favreau and Filoni have to know exploring everything Mandalorian culture is what a lot of fans like and want more of. I’m positive they’ll deliver.

Them even acknowledging Mandalore this season was most definitely a seed for the future.

Even if they don’t release Axe it’d be a very easy custom to do using the DW Mando. I’m beyond excited to get the Deathwatch Mando, I keep hoping it’ll get an earlier release since it doesn’t have a sculpt

Favreau and Filoni have to know exploring everything Mandalorian culture is what a lot of fans like and want more of. I’m positive they’ll deliver.

Them even acknowledging Mandalore this season was most definitely a seed for the future.
Oh totally. The whole Mando / Bo Katan / Darksaber thing is a DEFINITE setup for Mandalore in S3.

Moff Gideon even went to the length of explaining the rules regarding winning the Darksaber in battle = Ruler of Mandalore. Which Mando did and Bo Katan did not.

Would love a Koska,just a repaint of Bo parts and few little intricacies like you said.
Then I'd pose her kneeing Boba Fett.
THAT whole scene was freaking awesome.
Definitely keen on this Death Watch release plus any more Mandalorians that may come in a future timeframe.

Yeah Koska!!!

IF she gets made I'll definitely contemplate built Fett!! And pose them beating each other up, in which, makes me question if Koska is physically stronger than Fett since he had trouble pulling her with the grapple line :unsure:

Yeah Koska!!!

IF she gets made I'll definitely contemplate built Fett!! And pose them beating each other up, in which, makes me question if Koska is physically stronger than Fett since he had trouble pulling her with the grapple line :unsure:
She is in her prime and Boba is an old chewed up dog at this point. But he still has experience and is the Fett.

Yeah Koska!!!

Boba Fett is about 10 years old in Attack of the Clones, putting him in his early to mid 40's during The Mandalorian.

He also took an acid bath in the Sarlaac for an unknown amount of time. He's still tough, but he's not at peak condition.

We don't know Koska's age (Mercedes Varnado is 29), but she's a skilled enough to be one of Bo-Katan's trusted warriors.

And it was more of a brawl than an actual fight. If either of them wanted to actually kill the other, they could have.

Hot Take here but women in Star Wars don’t ever lose to men anyway, let alone ever look weak. So we can all agree we’d never see Boba beat Koska on-screen:lol

Boba Fett is about 10 years old in Attack of the Clones, putting him in his early to mid 40's during The Mandalorian.

He also took an acid bath in the Sarlaac for an unknown amount of time. He's still tough, but he's not at peak condition.

We don't know Koska's age (Mercedes Varnado is 29), but she's a skilled enough to be one of Bo-Katan's trusted warriors.

And it was more of a brawl than an actual fight. If either of them wanted to actually kill the other, they could have.
Plus Koska is actually a Mandalorian, they’re literally described as being the best warriors in the galaxy, Boba was only trained by Jango himself for a couple of years tops.
From what we’ve seen the rest of his training came from other Bounty Hunters like Cad Bane & Aurra Sing.

Ahsoka technically lost to Vader on Malachor, not to mention everything else she had lost up to that point.

Bo-Katan lost to the Empire, and lost the Darksaber.

Fennec lost to Din Djarin and Toro Calican and was left for dead by Djarin after being double crossed and shot by Calican.

Hera lost to Thrawn on several occasions, and her attack on Lothal failed spectacularly, which eventually led to her losing Kanan.

Leia was outsmarted by Jabba.

Ventress was betrayed by Dooku which led to a series of events that eventually led to her Nightsister family being wiped out.

Trilla Suduri's entire life story.

Satine lost to Maul and the Death Watch coup, then died.

Even Rey was outsmarted by Snoke before being saved by Kylo Ren. I am loathe to bring up TROS as a positive example but she did run from her problems before ultimately confronting them.

Last edited:
Gina Carano's firing set John Favereau back quite a bit, on top of other series currently be filmed. Hopefully by the time they can start filming Kennedy and her wokies will be gone and we can have a the same quality if not better for season 3.

Ahsoka technically lost to Vader on Malachor, not to mention everything else she had lost up to that point.

Bo-Katan lost to the Empire, and lost the Darksaber.

Fennec was "killed" by Din Djarin.

Hera lost to Thrawn on several occasions, and her attack on Lothal failed spectacularly, which eventually led to her losing Kanan.

Leia was outsmarted by Jabba.

Ventress was betrayed by Dooku which led to a series of events that eventually led to her Nightsister family being wiped out.

Trilla Suduri's entire life story.

Satine lost to Maul and the Death Watch coup, then died.

Even Rey was outsmarted by Snoke before being saved by Kylo Ren. I am loathe to bring up TROS as a positive example but she did run from her problems before ultimately confronting them.
Actually, Fennec was double-crossed, shot and left for dead by Toro Calican, not DD. Din Djarin killed Calican.

Actually, Fennec was double-crossed, shot and left for dead by Toro Calican, not DD. Din Djarin killed Calican.
You are correct. I misspoke for brevity; should've specified left for dead by Djarin after their plan worked, but killed specifically by Toro (a character I might as well have forgotten about.) :lol

Last edited:
Back