Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, $300 for a basic figure. Eliminate the sand base and make a new one and overcharge everyone. Insane price! This looks great, but I’m so glad I’m not interested in Cobb. I didn’t watch deadwood, so I never understood the fuss about the character. He did nothing for me in Star Wars. Glad another one is out of the prototype graveyard and enjoy an actual new sculpt for those buying. $300 smh…
Yet Obi-Wan is a DX, and a flagship legacy character, but he's only $295?

I probably won't pay even the HK price for this figure, if 300 USD over there is a guide. Elephant is a good actor but the character Vanth wasn't that interesting to me. The face doesn't look quite right, reminds me of the crap new shellfish allergy version Obi Wan sculpt for some reason.

It would have been nice to get a few shots with the chest armor off. Wondering if the shirt underneath is detailed enough to get the armor less display option.

I don't think the pictures show anything, but this armor vest looks just as removeable as the other Fett type armor and (to me) there's no reason they wouldn't have a full shirt on underneath it. I think his look from BoBF will me very doable.

Looks great, but is just it me or does it look like his head is slightly undersized in some shots ? Like this one for example ?

View attachment 600415
You may be onto something.
EF2FB256-E957-4257-B833-533A95C0502F.jpeg

Obviously that’s far from a precise science and the photos are all from differing angles but I think he could benefit from a slightly larger noggin.

The man also has an absolutely minuscule waist and closer to a swimmer’s physique.
I think for the true Olyphant proportions, we’d need to swap to the slimmest worldbox body, maybe with some slight ankle extenders.

$300 is mental and at the U.K. current exchange rate, that’s basically £300 before shipping and customs. Glad I won’t be having any part of that.
HK all the way, baybay!

You may be onto something.
View attachment 600443
Obviously that’s far from a precise science and the photos are all from differing angles but I think he could benefit from a slightly larger noggin.

The man also has an absolutely minuscule waist and closer to a swimmer’s physique.
I think for the true Olyphant proportions, we’d need to swap to the slimmest worldbox body, maybe with some slight ankle extenders.

$300 is mental and at the U.K. current exchange rate, that’s basically £300 before shipping and customs. Glad I won’t be having any part of that.
HK all the way, baybay!
It's almost like in that middle shot the head was (badly) photoshopped in...

Definitely a must have figure, although at this point I could do without yet another set of Boba armor in the collection, and would rather just get a barebones version without it.

Last edited:
Expensive but a memorable character and I want him for my Mando shelf. The figure and sculpt looks good to me. The new display base is cool too.

Also like I mentioned before- I like getting this look for Boba Fett’s armor but on a character who wore it in this state longer than one fight scene.

I’m not in a hurry to pre-order but will likely get him eventually.

I'm so happy they finally released this figure. I think he looks great. The stand is really cool too, but it looks like it'll take up more shelf space than the regular stands. Also - I have faith that the armor is removeable and that he'll end up looking good without it.

I have no interest in Disney+ figure however if $300 is the new benchmark for regular figures it will be very hard to justify purchasing HT figures in the future. Is there any OT/PT characters worth paying $300 for anymore? People have been asking for Bespin Han for years. Bespin Han is even more bare bones than this Cobb Vanth. Will Bespin Han be worth $300 . For me the answer is no. I really need to think hard to see if there is any SW OT/PT character worth $300 so far I can think of none. It’ too bad as I don’t mind picking up a figure every now and then.

Back