Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a horrible sculpt but the texture on the face is more rugged than it should be.
If the skin texture isn't a little overdone in the prototype - we'll all complain about it being too soft in the production piece.
I had a feeling this was going to break the "regular figure" $300 barrier but it's still somewhat surprising, especially considering how the majority of his accessories are reused from Boba Fett. Good thing I've been racking up the reward points, but at these prices they'll be gone in no time.
Yeah they're definitely not passing that recycled parts savings onto us the customers on this one. Glad I didn't cave and grab rusty armor Boba Fett so at least the whole thing will feel new to me.

But a $25 Sideshow coupon would go a long way here.

Just saw some people on FB said this is a horrible sculpt and it looked like Chris Pine instead......Wasn't expecting the good laugh but I'll take it I guess View attachment 600417View attachment 600418

I laughed when I saw that, in no version of this universe does that bear any resemblance to Chris Pine. That guy is nuts.

Two prime-of-life white guys: they MUST be twins. :unsure: Axiomatic, my dear Watson!

I'm almost glad about $300. That will make me muchmuchmuch more selective in the future, which will only benefit my collection. Paying for my current po list, will pick up Jesse and am on the fence about Echo. After that its gonna take heaven and earth.

Unless we get Fives and Wolffe. That will test my mettle - and my wallet - for sure.

Half of me still thinks this is a 'nothing figure' because he's in the armour for so little time.

The other half keeps telling me it's Olyphant in Star Wars, so pre-ordering would be justified.

One display option would be to put him with Uncle Fettster and the Tuskens.

I laughed when I saw that, in no version of this universe does that bear any resemblance to Chris Pine. That guy is nuts.

Two prime-of-life white guys: they MUST be twins. :unsure: Axiomatic, my dear Watson!

I'm almost glad about $300. That will make me muchmuchmuch more selective in the future, which will only benefit my collection. Paying for my current po list, will pick up Jesse and am on the fence about Echo. After that its gonna take heaven and earth.
With Sideshow's almost regular discounts on in-stock items now, unless Hot Toys starts considerably cutting production numbers I'm of the mind to group figures into "gotta have whatever it costs" and "nice to have but not at that price".

The Cobb Vanth Sixth Scale Figure features:

• Authentic and detailed likeness of Timothy Olyphant as Cobb Vanth in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
  • One (1) newly developed head sculpt with highly-accurate facial expression, detailed wrinkles, and skin texture
  • One (1) interchangeable Boba Fett helmet with articulated rangefinder
  • Specially applied distress effects on armor, weapons and accessories
  • Body with over 30 points of articulations
  • Approximately 31 cm tall
  • Six (6) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
    • One (1) pair of relaxed hands
    • One (1) pair of gesture hands
    • One (1) pistol holding right hand
    • One (1) right fist
  • Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
Costume:

• One (1) Mandalorian armor and vest with distressed effects
  • One (1) pair of brownish red gauntlets with weathering effects
  • One (1) reddish brown colored long sleeves shirt
  • One (1) brown belt with ammo and pistol holster
  • One (1) pair of brown colored pants
  • One (1) pair of yellowish brown colored boots
  • One (1) red-colored scarf
  • One (1) yellow right knee guard with weathering effects
Weapons:

• One (1) blaster rifle
  • One (1) blaster pistol
Accessories:

• One (1) jetpack with distressed effects and detachable rocket
  • Two (2) real-like thruster fire accessories (attachable to jetpack)
  • One (1) firing effect accessory (attachable to rocket)
  • One (1) drink bottle with woven ba
  • Specially designed themed diorama figure base

With Sideshow's almost regular discounts on in-stock items now, unless Hot Toys starts considerably cutting production numbers I'm of the mind to group figures into "gotta have whatever it costs" and "nice to have but not at that price".

Yup, that's one reason I'm hanging fire on Jesse and Echo. I want them to hit the warehouse, and then we shall SEE what coupons and specials work on them. This is the Way.

Unless we get Fives and Wolffe. That will test my mettle - and my wallet - for sure.
I feel like one of two things will happen. Bare-bones figures like this will start hitting $300 and be even more certain to hang around in stock forever to get these 10-25% discounts, or Hot Toys will actually start cutting their production numbers so most figures will go back to selling out in a timely manner like the old days. My money is on the first (I definitely don’t believe stuff like Peacemaker already being permanently on Waitlist) because I think Hot Toys likes making money and is probably only selling these figures at wholesale to Sideshow for like $75-100 each in the first place. So people need to remember that Sideshow is still making a profit selling stuff with a 25% discount (plus they clearly make a profit on their shipping prices), hence why I don’t think either company cares that much about figures getting overproduced.

I'm definitely in for Echo, Fives and Wolffe if they do get made. Cost aside, they will join the collection. I just really hope HT sees their significance in TCW and realizes collectors want them.

If the skin texture isn't a little overdone in the prototype - we'll all complain about it being too soft in the production piece.

Yeah they're definitely not passing that recycled parts savings onto us the customers on this one. Glad I didn't cave and grab rusty armor Boba Fett so at least the whole thing will feel new to me.

But a $25 Sideshow coupon would go a long way here.
As luck would have it I received a $20 "Thank You" code yesterday, and much to my surprise they added Cobb to the eligibility list. I pre-ordered him ASAP before it went away lol....

As luck would have it I received a $20 "Thank You" code yesterday, and much to my surprise they added Cobb to the eligibility list. I pre-ordered him ASAP before it went away lol....
That's perfect. Wonder if they'll send me one for my deep-discount Speeder Bike set in 40 days or if they figure they've given me enough free money already. Most of my coupons went to waist last year because they weren't usable on anything I'm willing to pre-order at full price.

Ill wait to coupon him 😂 That's become my new thing. I cancelled my Mando and Blurgg and I'm cancelling my Kuill and Blurgg on Oct 1 (the day I can get my deposit back) and will order them with either the 10% off or a $25 off (preferably the FORMER).

That said, I think he came out phenomenal. The HS is dead on IMO and most FB posts saying it's off are comparing him to wide-eyes pics of him rather than the "squinty" eyed face hes making in the sculpt. The comparison pic in this thread was perfect

Last edited:
That arm better be swappable, so we can update him to the Season 3 quickdraw mod-arm and shoulder attachment. :wink1:

Those bastards better send me one of those with my Throne Boba for charging me weeks ago and still not having it shipped:lol

the good thing about this taking forever to come out is that we'll probably see what he's up to after Thundercat has fixed him up.

Wow, $300 for a basic figure. Eliminate the sand base and make a new one and overcharge everyone. Insane price! This looks great, but I’m so glad I’m not interested in Cobb. I didn’t watch deadwood, so I never understood the fuss about the character. He did nothing for me in Star Wars. Glad another one is out of the prototype graveyard and enjoy an actual new sculpt for those buying. $300 smh…

I'm definitely in for Echo, Fives and Wolffe if they do get made. Cost aside, they will join the collection. I just really hope HT sees their significance in TCW and realizes collectors want them.

Oh, ARC Echo and Fives are DEFINITES. Wolffe would demand his very own detolf shelf: that boy has an ATTITUDE.

That's what its going to take to move me once I get all my Mando stuff tho: that level of badass. I am not sure I'll need another Mando after we get the season 2 version, and I'll be extremely picky with anything else from season 3.

Except Fenn Rau. I would be buying some Fenn Rau, fo' sho.

That's perfect. Wonder if they'll send me one for my deep-discount Speeder Bike set in 40 days or if they figure they've given me enough free money already. Most of my coupons went to waist last year because they weren't usable on anything I'm willing to pre-order at full price.
If you get a coupon or Thank You code, check a pre-order item’s eligibility right away. I’ve had a couple instances where new pre-order items were eligible for it on Day 1 but the next day it was no longer the case. I don’t know if it was intentional on Sideshow’s part or a quirk of their system, but that’s why I didn’t hesitate to order this time.
Ill wait to coupon him 😂 That's become my new thing. I cancelled my Mando and Blurgg and I'm cancelling my Kuill and Blurgg on Oct 1 (the day I can get my deposit back) and will order them with either the 10% off or a $25 off (preferably the latter).

That said, I think he came out phenomenal. The HS is dead on IMO and most FB posts saying it's off are comparing him to wide-eyes pics of him rather than the "squinty" eyed face hes making in the sculpt. The comparison pic in this thread was perfect
Are those even eligible for those discounts yet? I have 3 separate 10% off codes for HT items but I don’t recall seeing them. Also, 10% off those is > $25, so I think you meant preferably the former lol.

Am I the only one excited to see a figure that doesn’t have that lousy sand display stand?

This is definitely a much more interesting stand.

The boardwalk outside the cantina. Looks like the doorway section is removable, but it's unusual that the stand plugs through it. Those sections usually stand loose behind the base.

HT Cobb Vanth 17.jpg

Back