Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no interest in Disney+ figure however if $300 is the new benchmark for regular figures it will be very hard to justify purchasing HT figures in the future. Is there any OT/PT characters worth paying $300 for anymore? People have been asking for Bespin Han for years. Bespin Han is even more bare bones than this Cobb Vanth. Will Bespin Han be worth $300 . For me the answer is no. I really need to think hard to see if there is any SW OT/PT character worth $300 so far I can think of none. It’ too bad as I don’t mind picking up a figure every now and then.
Nice looking figure, very cool base, $300 plus tax and shipping. Unfortunately, not a must-have figure for me and that price makes it easy to pass on.

This hobby is on borrowed time, for me.

This was an instant PO since the headsculpt looks so great. Above all else I just really want a Space Marshal Raylan in my collection. Hopefully the Boba Fett armor pieces come off without issue.

Like many, it looks great. its hard to say this screams $300+. If i’m paying that price, it needs to feel jistified. New base and headsculpt doesnt do it for me….

You'd think they'd have busted out the $300 base price on a more anticipated figure. Like Mace Windu, for instance. Maybe with a nice new Coruscant-themed base.

In his case, I could see fans groaning DAMN IT!! to themselves and forking out the cash anyways, because this is a figure almost everyone wants. But are that many people hot for Stolen-Valor Guy here? The jury is out. HT truly makes some head-scratching decisions.

Or Padme with a really good Portman sculpt. People would easily pay $300 for that and counted themselves lucky to do so.

Probably was just a misunderstanding. Viva_lai painted and resculpted some small part of it for the prototype. Though hopefully Hot Toys will properly credit YiXie for this on the label, box and everything.
Yes, I believe Viva didn't properly credited yixie so the caption goes that way. I do hope for the same thing, Yixie truly deserves the credit for the work.

Nice looking figure, very cool base, $300 plus tax and shipping. Unfortunately, not a must-have figure for me and that price makes it easy to pass on.

This hobby is on borrowed time, for me.
it seems to be getting that way for a lot of us. From what I hear on the board, it's the OGs more than the newer guys

So cool this is being released! It looks dead on in my opinion. The new diorama base is very good! The size looks just right to me, and I really like how it's a 'slice' of an environment (if that makes sense).

4F8055F0-4D19-4833-BEDF-E34B265CF595.jpeg

Possibly worth noting that Cobb here is the only way to assemble a corrected post-sarlacc armor Fett *without* the one-shot CGI-error extra knee rocket the Boba 2-pack comes with.

Does anyone happen to have an activated $25+ gift-book card code and can check if he's eligible, please? I just got the card last week, but I'm hesitant to activate it and start the expiration countdown until I know I can use it.

It bears repeating but Hot Toys need to do better on the promo photos, because that one picture from secret base is miles better than anything they did in their photos imo. Either way I have to agree with @Ramatuelle, I knew 300 was coming, but I expected it to happen with Wave 2 of AOTC (should it ever come), or with ROTJ 40th. This is more expensive than DX Kenobi, I think that's going to be a bit of a hard sell unless you really love the character. Still think he looks good, I just wonder how many will purchase him now at 300. These prices just keep going up.

Kinda nice feeling impressed by a figure and headsculpt of a character I liked on a show I enjoyed! Almost forgot what that feels like. 🤪
I may even get him to go with Mando depending on how I feel about the show when the figure finally drops.
Nice effort (silly price). Really like the stand too.

Even at this price he seems like a one and done character (a cool one at that). I'd say you really want him this is probably it. Unless, he comes back with a stupid robot arm. In which case this will be the cooler one anyways.

Back