Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WB just officially made Cavill be the only Superman fans will ever demand NO MATTER what they come up with!

WB just DOOMED their new DC Superman future before it even took off.

I’m actually happy that they just made a martyr out of Cavill because this WILL NOW HAUNT THEM FOREVER!

Last edited:
WB truly are a messed up company.

WB TOLD CAVILL TO ANNOUNCE TO THE WORLD THAT HE IS RETURNING AS SUPERMAN AND THEN THEY DO THIS!

Hey The Rock….you’re FIRED!
Oh yeah, I fully expect all those rumors from the other day to be true. No more Gadot and Flash and Aquaman will end with their sequels. Shazam and Blue Beetle (if that even comes out) are probably done too.

WB just officially made Cavill be the only Superman fans will ever demand NO MATTER what they come up with!

WB just DOOMED their new DC Superman future before it even took off.

I’m actually happy that they just made a martyr out of Cavill because this NOW WILL HAUNT THEM FOREVER!
Indeed. And I think one of the worst crimes for Cavill is that he never got to even be the Superman he wanted to be. He was stuck being the one the studios forced him to be.

Phase 4 might suck but at least Feige never treated any of his main actors in this manner.

Chapek tried with Scarjo and where is Chapek now.

I hope every single actor sees what they did to Cavill and say THANKS BUT NO THANKS i’m going over to Marvel.

THEY MADE HIM ANNOUNCE HIS OWN RETURN WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!

I am really sad about this unnecessary reboot, but now Gunn's only choice to not fail is to make the Black Superman movie as the main Gunniverse Superman, cuz lets be honest, we really dont need another new white Superman.

I am really sad about this unnecessary reboot and about Henry, but now Gunn's only choice to not fail is to make the Black Superman movie as the main Gunniverse Superman, cuz lets be honest, we really dont need another new white Superman.

So sounds as though Gunn dropped Cavill in favour of essentially a Smallville reboot with teen Superman. The more I think about this, the more pissed off I get. I'll have to give Gunn the benefit of the doubt, but damn, the guy that ends up being cast in the role is going to unfortunately get a LOT of hate.

I am really sad about this unnecessary reboot, but now Gunn's only choice to not fail is to make the Black Superman movie as the main Gunniverse Superman, cuz lets be honest, we really dont need another new white Superman.
I want a black Superman about as much as I want a white Blade , a white Black Panther, a white Luke Cage, and a white Rhodey lol

I want a black Superman about as much as I want a white Blade , a white Black Panther, a white Luke Cage, and a white Rhodey lol
Dude what are you talking about, Black Superman is a legacy character separated from Clark Kent. Calvin Ellis and Val Zod are great characters that would show a brand new side to the Superman mitology. And would be something different not just some white guy playing the same character again and again until the next reboot.

Until yesterday we had 5 active superman's going around: Henry, Hoechlin, Routh, Welling and the Titans one(just mentioned in this season).

"white Blade , a white Black Panther, a white Luke Cage, and a white Rhodey" this is racist man, be better!

Dude what are you talking about, Black Superman is a legacy character separated from Clark Kent. Calvin Ellis and Val Zod are great characters that would show a brand new side to the Superman mitology. And would be something different not just some white guy playing the same character again and again until the next reboot.

Until yesterday we had 5 active superman's going around: Henry, Hoechlin, Routh, Welling and the Titans one(just mentioned in this season).

"white Blade , a white Black Panther, a white Luke Cage, and a white Rhodey" this is racist man, be better!
I’m black and we don’t want a black Superman . We don’t want race changes and we don’t care about Superman being white. We just want a static shock film. Actual black characters. Yes I know there is a black Superman but still

I bet those Snyder bros on Twitter are having a meltdown. I told you guys tho. All this crap about zaslav saving dc and Snyder posting subliminal messages. It was all just tugging at your heart strings. I knew that if they wanted the snyderverse restored they would have just said so.

As for cavil superman. This one is a real head scratcher because they built him up and teased his role so many times. They completely wasted the man’s talent . Very upsetting.

WB on the whole is crashing before our eyes. Zazzy continues his content purge ( an "abandon ship" with a shiny gold parachute will probably happen to him before next year's done) that while the content being purged may be questionable at best, one aspect of it is a crystal clear message to creators and talent...avoid this studio like the plague. Expect no loyalty, no curating legendary content, no regard for legacy talent (sorry Mr. Eastwood) and nothing that does not come cheap and turn over a quick dime. Zazzy is the current Chapek and he's running even faster over that cliff.

I haven't understood all the hype over Gunn's hiring. His work for Marvel has its moments....the first GOTG will always stand as the entertaining romp that hit at the right time for audiences and gave some fun characters a good (if not overlong) run. His Suicide Squad for WB was...well, I tried to watch it on streaming and couldn't finish it. His "Peacemaker" show has a real niche appeal and is a critic's darling. But is that a strong enough resume' to base handing him one of the most significant group of characters of all time? His hiring smacked a little desperate on Zazzy's part...so wanting to repeat Marvel's success from 10 years ago. They've talked of creating an interconnected "Multiverse" that brings everyth...zzzzzz. And look how well that's worked for Lucasfilm and Disney. (Sidenote: Why hasn't Lucas stripped his name from that abomination that barely resembles the company he sold?)

I suspect that Gunn and and Saffy are putting finishing touches on a "plan" that will create a big, giant "inclusive" "quirky" "fun" "irreverent" "young" saga that the mainstreamer media and fawning-to-get-clicks youtubers will fall all over themselves praising as the next best thing when in reality, it could just be that the superhero thing has just become the new McDonalds hamburger. The genre has run it's course like the Westerns of years past and is now just going to be that "thing" that most people will watch because they read it's something cool and don't have anything better on to watch the streaming platform they're paying for.

Marvel's in the dumpster now, Lucasfilm is close behind (with a few exceptions) and it won't be a shock to find out the biggest goal for Gunn's assignment has nothing to do with presenting the best entertainment that could be made out of DC, but to make more McDonald's hamburgers that people will eat because it's safe and familiar and make Zazzy more money.

Well, hold onto those hard copies of the "good stuff" folks. By the time these ass-hats are through, that's all we'll have.

I never took to Cavill as Superman so its not a big deal to me. Gal Gadot is the one that bothers me more since she embodies WW so much IMO. Id also like to see a black Superman eventually(Val Zod) to change it up a little and would love a Superboy Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back