Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know damn well you ain’t talking bout me . That’s why nobody likes Snyder fanboys. You get all pissy when someone challenges your opinion of the movies. I’ll never understand how this bland director got such a toxic fanbase of followers who think his movies are pure perfection. Boggles my mind 😂
The irony of this is incredible.

Do you think Snyder wanted to make a bvs movie that lead into JL? Was that his intention? Serious question. Do you think WB pushed him to create that bloated mess in bvs? Maybe he wanted to make a mos2? Or something else. I don’t think Snyders plan was to jump from Superman to JL. I don’t blame the guy fully for what happened as I don’t think he wanted to rush the JL either but the studio forced him
He had Batman in MoS 2 before MoS came out. He pitched his 5 part JL Darkseid invasion in 2013.

It's so true of so many studio execs. Most of them were never creatives or care about the source material. It's only about money for them.

I mean getting Wheadon in to Marvelise JL just shows how little they really know about quality movie making. I bet they were thinking, "Make it like Marvel and we'll easily make $1B straight up and pay for all that additional work".

Anyway I guess at least Gunn has the movie making experience behind him so that's something.

But jury is still out for me. As I've said before I have an increasingly lower expectation that things will turn out well, with Zack's vision not being incorporated at all.

I think James Gunn is making the right decision if he wants to wipe the slate almost completely clean.

No one in the current slate is a bona fide "movie star" If you pay Gadot a cool 20 million for WW3, can she generate enough box office on her own to warrant that risk? People will go out of their way to see a Tom Cruise movie, or a Denzel Washington movie or a Tom Hanks movie, no matter the subject, just because they are in it. I can't say the same about Gadot. Or Affleck. Or Cavill. Or even Momoa.

Better to just start over and sign no names to long term "friendly" contracts. It's pretty apparent Zaslav wants budget minded films. Which I think it completely doable. Inexpensive cast and just focus on the script and telling a good story. Spectacle alone won't do it. It's not the era of the summer blockbuster like Independence Day anymore. Where you can have a pretty mediocre popcorn film rake in the cash mostly on special effects.

I suspect Gunn will keep Peacemaker, Amanda Waller and Margot Robbie. Then just leave offshoots like the Matt Reeves' Batman franchise and the Phoenix Joker franchise alone.

And it's not like there isn't baggage. Affleck and his substance abuse issues. Ezra Miller might end up in prison. Amber Heard is going to look like poison in the Aquaman franchise. Gadot just went blindly along with Patty Jenkins for WW84, so she will come off as untrustworthy as well. Also with Cavill and The Witcher, it was clear Cavill wanted creative input , and Gunn might not vibe with that kind of setup in the DCEU. Don't get me wrong, Cavill would have a point if he said the existing power structure for the Witcher screwed up S2, but it's just more drama that Gunn might want to avoid.

There's a part of me that wants Momoa to stay if only because he comes off like a genuinely chill person. He wants no drama, he wants no dumb problems, he just wants to have fun and make a movie.

If you clean up the writing, the actors you pick, at a certain minimum talent level, don't matter. I know that will sound like heresy to some here, but Superman is the selling point, not Cavill.

I presented facts that you said weren't facts.
The facts I presented give more of an indication of what the GA might think than your opinion will ever do.

Notice how you added, "the GA loves it". I said I think they were fine with it, YOU brought up that they hated it and have brought nothing to the table so far to say otherwise.

Well, they might think they destroy me but kids will be kids.
No you didn’t . You never presented facts. Those are not facts the GA loves them. Also like , love. Same crap. I never said they hated them I said they don’t care about them. Which they don’t. Bvs had a huge drop off its second week nobody really is talking about it. And nobody talks about the Snyder cut aside from fans. Those movies weren’t for the GA as many of you say.
The only movie that was a hit with the GA was the first suicide squad.

Last edited:
The irony of this is incredible.
I’m not getting Pissy buddy but you and that hoody guy calling me a kid and say I’m trolling for telling you the GA doesn’t love the Snyder films is fanboyish type behavior. Never once did I call you guys children but of course you guys went full
“This guy hatez snyderz so hez a troll” argument. So silly. It’s not all the Snyder fans but some of you really hate criticism of the guy and it’s weird.

Well, nobody is really talking about 6 year old movies in my neck of the woods... unless we're talking about classics, like The Godfather, or Citizen Kane, the original Star Wars, that kind of stuff.
So I'm not sure what this "talking about" refers to.
I don't really see people talking about Infinity War or Captain America Civil War, but maybe that's just me... :dunno

Well, nobody is really talking about 6 year old movies in my neck of the woods... unless we're talking about classics, like The Godfather, or Citizen Kane, the original Star Wars, that kind of stuff.
So I'm not sure what this "talking about" refers to.
I don't really see people talking about Infinity War or Captain America Civil War, but maybe that's just me... :dunno
You don’t see people still talking about infinity war? Huh? I see it all the time. People talk about the mcu movies and reference them and quote them. Come on now we are not doing this 😂
Just cause a movies six years old doesn’t mean it gets forgotten either. Those movies had huge impacts. The Snyder films had a decent one. Simple

No, seriously. As I said, maybe it's more of a cultural thing, or my friends aren't as geeky as I am, but I never hear people discussing those movies.
As for the impact they had, of course the MCU had a huge impact, I'm not in any way debating that.

No you didn’t . You never presented facts. Those are not facts the GA loves them. Also like , love. Same crap. I never said they hated them I said they don’t care about them. Which they don’t. Bvs had a huge drop off its second week nobody really is talking about it. And nobody talks about the Snyder cut aside from fans. Those movies weren’t for the GA as many of you say.
The only movie that was a hit with the GA was the first suicide squad.
You just said I never presented facts and then spoke about the facts I presented.
Like and love are far from from being the same.
That is true you never said hate, you did say they didn't gel well with the GA. I said they were fine with them. I showed how well they did on home video which to me shows a sign of that. Better than every X-Men movie. You don't think the same which is fair enough but you haven't brought anything at all to the table. You just keep bringing up SS but without any real context.

I’m not getting Pissy buddy but you and that hoody guy calling me a kid and say I’m trolling for telling you the GA doesn’t love the Snyder films is fanboyish type behavior. Never once did I call you guys children but of course you guys went full
“This guy hatez snyderz so hez a troll” argument. So silly. It’s not all the Snyder fans but some of you really hate criticism of the guy and it’s weird.
That is certainly not how I looked at it. I provided info, and you said no but didn't/wouldn't go into why. Then said I didn't provide info. You never added any information yourself to back anything up. This repeated.

It did remind me of a back-and-forth with my kids and probably why Hoody thought you were trolling.

You just said I never presented facts and then spoke about the facts I presented.
Like and love are far from from being the same.
That is true you never said hate, you did say they didn't gel well with the GA. I said they were fine with them. I showed how well they did on home video which to me shows a sign of that. Better than every X-Men movie. You don't think the same which is fair enough but you haven't brought anything at all to the table. You just keep bringing up SS but without any real context.
You presented facts that aren’t that good. And the xmen films are trash past. Bad comparison. And I literally said the first suicide squad movie was the only film that did with with the GA what do u mean without context lol

And it's not like there isn't baggage. Affleck and his substance abuse issues. Ezra Miller might end up in prison. Amber Heard is going to look like poison in the Aquaman franchise. Gadot just went blindly along with Patty Jenkins for WW84, so she will come off as untrustworthy as well. Also with Cavill and The Witcher, it was clear Cavill wanted creative input , and Gunn might not vibe with that kind of setup in the DCEU. Don't get me wrong, Cavill would have a point if he said the existing power structure for the Witcher screwed up S2, but it's just more drama that Gunn might want to avoid.

And how could I forget about Ray Fisher and his lawsuit. Which only made the Joss Whedon situation worse.

And personally, I can see how James Gunn would rather eat his own vomit than deal with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. Or the hipster bipolar Mark Zuckerberg version of Lex Luthor.

In every DCEU film that failed, I still believe there was a great film hidden somewhere deep inside of it. They were movies that needed help but there were core elements in place that could have turned into something interesting. Even Wonder Woman 1984 could have been a good story had it served to honoring a real narrative to the audience instead of Patty Jenkins grinding a multitude of personal axes against the entire world in the script. Maybe Gunn can punch in the football from the three yard line and get a brand new team into the endzone here.

That is certainly not how I looked at it. I provided info, and you said no but didn't/wouldn't go into why. Then said I didn't provide info. You never added any information yourself to back anything up. This repeated.

It did remind me of a back-and-forth with my kids and probably why Hoody thought you were trolling.
I did provide you as to why. You just provided very bad facts. Your facts didn’t prove the GA liked the Snyder films. You kept saying “ muh factz” but I kept telling you they were bad and don’t prove anything. You and the other dude need to come up with better arguments instead of “o he hates Snyder he’s a troll” lol whose childish?

What’s the deal Wez, I feel like you will just argue for the sake of arguing man. He provided “very bad facts”…? What does that even mean? :lol Let’s move on shall we.

What’s the deal Wez, I feel like you will just argue for the sake of arguing man. He provided “very bad facts”…? What does that even mean? :lol Let’s move on shall we.
Maybe read the thread snoopy I know you are part of the Snyder camp but don’t act like I’m the one in the wrong here. Bad facts are bad facts. I don’t get how you don’t know what that means 😂.

Also I barely argue with anybody here 😂

You presented facts that aren’t that good. And the xmen films are trash past. Bad comparison. And I literally said the first suicide squad movie was the only film that did with with the GA what do u mean without context lol
You say my facts aren't good but don't explain why.
4 X-Men movies come out between 2013 and 2016, and the majority of them are the most successful ones.
Yes, you said SS was the only one GA loved and again provided no information to back that claim up, hence no context.

You say my facts aren't good but don't explain why.
4 X-Men movies come out between 2013 and 2016, and the majority of them are the most successful ones.
Yes, you said SS was the only one GA loved and again provided no information to back that claim up, hence no context.
I did explain why. I explained to you that that isn’t an indication of the GA liking the movies. And I said suicide squad was the only film to be a hit with the GA cause basically harly Quinn was huge at the time and it did well. Comparing the dceu films to the more recent xmen films is a horrible comparison. Which xmen film are you talking about ? Cause after dofp the xmen films took a steep decline aside from Logan.

Maybe read the thread snoopy I know you are part of the Snyder camp but don’t act like I’m the one in the wrong here. Bad facts are bad facts. I don’t get how you don’t know what that means 😂.

Also I barely argue with anybody here 😂

Just let it go. Movies that are generally hated by the public typically don’t make a ton of money at the box office. That’s just not how it works Wez. People don’t go out of their way to see something that the majority of people and themselves will hate Lmao. Now that’s not to say that the opposite doesn’t happen, there’s a ton of good movies that have underperformed but are well liked by a lot of people, that happens all the time. Box office revenue has always been a clear indication of what is liked and disliked by the General audience, regardless of whether or not you think those are “bad facts” because they don’t line up with your agenda. :lol

Just let it go. Movies that are generally hated by the public typically don’t make a ton of money at the box office. That’s just not how it works Wez. People don’t go out of their way to see something that the majority of people and themselves will hate Lmao. Now that’s not to say that the opposite doesn’t happen, there’s a ton of good movies that have underperformed but are well liked by a lot of people, that happens all the time. Box office revenue has always been a clear indication of what is liked and disliked by the General audience, regardless of whether or not you think those are “bad facts” because they don’t line up with your agenda. :lol
What agenda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back