Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea unlike marvel tho Dc doesn’t have the fans faith. I like the suit tho .

Hate to say it but I've become kind of indifferent to whatever WB is trying to do to dig out of the hole they've dug for themselves.

Hate to say it but I've become kind of indifferent to whatever WB is trying to do to dig out of the hole they've dug for themselves.
As have I. I had marvel fatigue for awhile, but have recently been rewatching the entire MCU and man does it hurt how well those movies go together when comparing the DCEU. I don't like all the marvel movies (especially GtG 1&2), but they work for the most part. I took a break and watched ZSJL with the GF last night since she hadn't seen it yet and she was blown away at how much better it was than Josstice league. If WB would've just let Zack do his thing in the first place, DCEU probably wouldn't be in as bad a mess as it is right now. But as it stands, I'm kind of numb to everything that's going on with DC right now. Even though I am looking forward to The Batman, it's just another "branch" in the multiverse and not working towards the building of the DCEU. I think at this point, I would much rather give up on the DCEU that is such a mess right now and focus on what the Superman and Wonder Woman of the Matt Reeve's world is like. Just wipe the slate clean and start new.

New Batgirl costume has been revealed, and I for one think it looks awesome. I know a lot of people were hoping for a black and gold version, but I'm really loving the Burnside inspired look, as well as the clear homage to the Yvonne Craig Batgirl. Plus it's a nice change from all the other black batsuits we've seen on screen.

Also keeping in mind that this is supposed to be a Year One outfit anyway.

View attachment 556077
I haven't followed comics for ages now, so I've no idea what comic-book look this represents, but it does look a bit flashy for someone who is supposed to work stealthily at night...
It that repsect, I don't really like it, but as a super-hero outfit, it's not bad.

Opposite for me. I was never a fan of the initial line-up of movies, so moving away from it isn't a negative to me. The Batman looks ******* sick and I'm liking the Batgirl costume. I'll have to wait and see more of Flash and Black Adam but Keaton coming back is a win for me regardless.

I guess that's the inherent messiness of a fanbase as fractured as this has been since 2013.

As have I. I had marvel fatigue for awhile, but have recently been rewatching the entire MCU and man does it hurt how well those movies go together when comparing the DCEU. I don't like all the marvel movies (especially GtG 1&2), but they work for the most part. I took a break and watched ZSJL with the GF last night since she hadn't seen it yet and she was blown away at how much better it was than Josstice league. If WB would've just let Zack do his thing in the first place, DCEU probably wouldn't be in as bad a mess as it is right now. But as it stands, I'm kind of numb to everything that's going on with DC right now. Even though I am looking forward to The Batman, it's just another "branch" in the multiverse and not working towards the building of the DCEU. I think at this point, I would much rather give up on the DCEU that is such a mess right now and focus on what the Superman and Wonder Woman of the Matt Reeve's world is like. Just wipe the slate clean and start new.
Yeah even though the MCU can sometimes feel a bit too samey samey for me in terms of style, I definitely prefer that to the complete mishmash and confusion going on with the DCEU right now, where it feels like we're stuck back in the 80s and 90s and every DC superhero film is its own separate thing and you have no idea what to expect in terms of quality.

I'm not exactly sure if Zack's vision was the right one for DC (as I do think his movies got a little too grim and self-serious), but it at least felt unique and kept me excited to see what was next and how it would develop. Which is something I don't feel with DC at all right now.

Last edited:
It is rather sad how dc can’t stick to a formula that works. They seem to know the formula for Batman but everything else not so much. Like why it took them so long to make Wonder Woman is silly to me.

Just watched Peacemaker on HBO, mostly because I did enjoy suicide squad. Thought it was terrible, DC play book seems to be 'lets make it really adult and add lots of bad language, that will be cool'. Somebody needs to remind them that Comic books can be fun-and light entertainment.

Back to Batgirl, I like the outfit. Homage to Bats 66/Burnside and actually looks like Batgirl. Like others I expect an upgrade once established as part of Keatons Batfamily. Looking forward to this one, and Robin wow maybe just maybe DC....no forget it. I won't let myself fall down that rabbit hole. Opinion reserved.

Last edited:
When superhero stuff gets too dark and violent I throw on the Schumacher Batman films to remind me of a simpler time.

When the biggest worry I had was hoping the Mr Freeze pog came in this week's box of Frosties.

Yeah even though the MCU can sometimes feel a bit too samey samey for me in terms of style, I definitely prefer that to the completely mishmash and confusion going on with the DCEU right now, where it feels like we're stuck back in the 80s and 90s and every DC superhero film is its own separate thing and you have no idea what to expect in terms of quality.

I'm not exactly sure if Zack's vision was the right one for DC (as I do think his movies got a little too grim and self-serious), but it at least felt unique and kept me excited to see what was next and how it would develop. Which is something I don't feel with DC at all right now.
Yea for sure. I'm not saying Zack was a savior or anything. I understand his movies aren't for everyone. I agree with Cavil that we should've gotten Man of Steel 2 after ZSJL so we can see the lighter more comic Superman before going down the road of him succumbing to the anti-life equation along with Batfelck's and other hero's solo movies. Let Zack do the JL movies he had intended but with other movies in between to keep the cohesiveness of the DCEU in tack. Or at the very least, do ZSJL trilogy and let that be the end of the Snyderverse to then start over with The Batman and build out a real cohesive cinematic universe based on that.

MCU is utilizing the multiverse to bring in previous movies but just to nod that they exist while the main MCU as a whole is still what it always has been; but unfortunately, WB/DC are using the multiverse to try to get away with their bonkers all over the place "universe" (if you can even call it that) but say it's ok b/c the multiverse allows for anything and everything. I'm a DC fan first and foremost, but I can't deny that they have no idea what they're doing over there. It's shocking to me that they seem to also have the BoP writer spearheading this new direction when that movie was awful IMO. I hope she redeems herself, but my hope for anything actually good has dwindled. I just expect to be disappointed. And after WW84 and The Suicide Squad, I have even less faith in anything that remains in the current DCEU.

Just watched Peacemaker on HBO, mostly because I did enjoy suicide squad. Thought it was terrible, DC play book seems to be 'lets make it really adult and add lots of bad language, that will be cool'. Somebody needs to remind them that Comic books can be fun-and light entertainment.

Back to Batgirl, I like the outfit. Homage to Bats 66/Burnside and actually looks like Batgirl. Like others I expect an upgrade once established as part of Keatons Batfamily. Looking forward to this one, and Robin wow maybe just maybe DC....no forget it. I won't let myself fall down that rabbit hole. Opinion reserved.

I found Peacemaker fun and light. For me it was a breath of fresh air, from the same old stuff we've been getting.

Yea for sure. I'm not saying Zack was a savior or anything. I understand his movies aren't for everyone. I agree with Cavil that we should've gotten Man of Steel 2 after ZSJL so we can see the lighter more comic Superman before going down the road of him succumbing to the anti-life equation along with Batfelck's and other hero's solo movies. Let Zack do the JL movies he had intended but with other movies in between to keep the cohesiveness of the DCEU in tack. Or at the very least, do ZSJL trilogy and let that be the end of the Snyderverse to then start over with The Batman and build out a real cohesive cinematic universe based on that.

MCU is utilizing the multiverse to bring in previous movies but just to nod that they exist while the main MCU as a whole is still what it always has been; but unfortunately, WB/DC are using the multiverse to try to get away with their bonkers all over the place "universe" (if you can even call it that) but say it's ok b/c the multiverse allows for anything and everything. I'm a DC fan first and foremost, but I can't deny that they have no idea what they're doing over there. It's shocking to me that they seem to also have the BoP writer spearheading this new direction when that movie was awful IMO. I hope she redeems herself, but my hope for anything actually good has dwindled. I just expect to be disappointed. And after WW84 and The Suicide Squad, I have even less faith in anything that remains in the current DCEU.
This is the type of mindset I like to see. I’ve been seeing lots of fans of Snyder saying that people are fake fans for not liking his films or that he is the only one who should be in charge of dc from now on.

Opposite for me. I was never a fan of the initial line-up of movies, so moving away from it isn't a negative to me. The Batman looks ******* sick and I'm liking the Batgirl costume. I'll have to wait and see more of Flash and Black Adam but Keaton coming back is a win for me regardless.

I guess that's the inherent messiness of a fanbase as fractured as this has been since 2013.

Best I can see, the fracture isn't going to get anywhere close to getting healed by killing the Snyderverse. There could be a détente, a relatively peaceful coexistence, if they would just let Zack finish the saga. If not I guess we'll see how big the Snyderverse fandom is. Because they are not going to go gently into that good night. In a way I'm like, okay, let's find out.

I don't really care about all that, tbh. As long as there are upcoming films I enjoy, I'll be fine. In a way, I'm kind of grateful the Snyderverse stuff never appealed to me for that reason. Can't imagine holding out all this hope (and subsequently anger, I guess) like that.

I got The Suicide Squad, Shazam, Aquaman and now The Batman, so I can't complain.

Yea I don’t need one director to return in order to enjoy movies. Just make good films is all I ask. But that’s asking to much

Yea I don’t need one director to return in order to enjoy movies. Just make good films is all I ask. But that’s asking to much
Same, the DCEU doesn't need one director for everything. They need to find their Kevin Fiege since he's the one who keeps MCU all together really. I think Snyder would be better suited in that producer position since he does have a great knowledge of the characters, rather than a director for the DCEU. Regardless of Snyder though, just get good directors with great stories to make good films that tie together but still hold their own as single individual movies.

Same, the DCEU doesn't need one director for everything. They need to find their Kevin Fiege since he's the one who keeps MCU all together really. I think Snyder would be better suited in that producer position since he does have a great knowledge of the characters, rather than a director for the DCEU. Regardless of Snyder though, just get good directors with great stories to make good films that tie together but still hold their own as single individual movies.
Yea they definitely need a feige or someone with a vision at the helm. Someone who plans things out. The producers before had no vision they just wanted to copy marvel and get bonuses . WB literally has some of the greatest characters ever made but everyone in charge there are idiots. Imagine having Superman but losing to characters like ant man and cap marvel.

Superman should be so easy, it's a shame. I'll always wish Henry had gotten a chance to do a more lighthearted, closer to the public perception Superman film. I really think that could've won over a lot of his doubters and been a big hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back