Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't care about Pattinson or Keaton. I just want Affleck back as Batman.

I like all of them. But Affleck was amazing as both Bruce and Batman.

Yes. Battinson was the reboot we didn't know we needed, but Battfleck still reigns supreme.

As for Keaton, I'd prefer to keep the universes separate. Guess I'll have to invoke headcanon like I did for the first time ever with NWH.

Pattinson was good. But he was missing something. I can't put my finger on it.

Affleck had me the first time I saw this in the SDCC trailer.
1v9z.gif

Yes. Battinson was the reboot we didn't know we needed, but Battfleck still reigns supreme.

As for Keaton, I'd prefer to keep the universes separate. Guess I'll have to invoke headcanon like I did for the first time ever with NWH.
Thing is we didn't need it. The studio just wanted to torpedo the online wishes to keep him. Poor guy also didn't want to work with those ****** bags either.

Now time has passed, he's back in a good place, Emmerich and the ego execs are gone, and fans are getting what they want. i.e More Batfleck and Cavill.

Wonder if they'll care about bringing Batfleck back as well or if he'll do it even.

That story has changed so many times. He's in, he's out, he never wants to do it again, he's loving shooting the flash etc...

Maybe having a renewed focus in the DCEU could keep him around.
He's already back if he's done additional photography for Aquaman, is also in the Flash and the rumours about a stand alone Batfleck movie with Deathstroke are getting more and more.

Last edited:
I just didn’t like Affleck’s puffy plastic surgery JLO botox rehab face in JL.

Stupid Hollyweird look at Gates McFadden yikes…

1B0CB242-CEC0-4E34-B53F-D1F171323954.jpeg

0CB8C758-C87C-4BDF-A799-EBD5CAF8A654.jpeg

Not liking The Rock's involvement tbh. It looks like he is just going to take over the whole DCEU and Superman will be made to look weak. It's like he has just joined the franchise and is now dictating what is to happen.

Not liking The Rock's involvement tbh. It looks like he is just going to take over the whole DCEU and Superman will be made to look weak. It's like he has just joined the franchise and is now dictating what is to happen.
Yep with you there. All these people that have to have their one dimensional stories out there asap in one film. To the same cookie cutter formula. Bad guy vs good guy. Good guy saves world. Next story.

At least with Zack he had a larger arc for Cavill, getting to the good samaritan Superman at the end after earning it and going through, well.....a full story arc.

My concern is also that Cavill (and possibly by default The Rock due to their same agent) wants Superman to be very much like Reeves Superman. In that case there is a high chance we end up with another WW84 style attempt, which clearly doesn't work in this day and age.

Anyway time will tell.

I don’t think BA is going to perform well enough to warrant Johnson taking charge. I’m seeing it tomorrow, and will update my impressions then. But for the time being, at least one person whose opinion I trust has seen it by now; and from their description it sounds like a very generic run-of-the-mill superhero genre film—the highlight of which is literally the end credit scene! If that’s correct, I think Hamada, the Rock, and Collet-Sera were gambling on the Rock’s raw charisma to carry the film. And apparently it’s not nearly enough. But as mentioned I’ll judge for myself tomorrow.

No one should ever go by RT critics score to make a decision about whether to see a film. But it does influence people. I suspect that BA’s 54% on RT at 87 reviews (which means it will only go down from there—once a film starts out rotten with a limited number of critics before opening day the critic dog-piling gathers steam) is likely an indication of what the GA will think of it. And I doubt that it’s a compelling enough superhero flick to pull MCU fans over the fence to see it.

The Rock does bring some star power (although let’s be honest, he’s had plenty of flops!). DC fans want to see the JSA. There’s the end credits cameo. It’ll get some butts in seats.

I predict it’ll end up in the $600-700Ms. If so it won‘t be a flop. But it won‘t come anywhere near $1B. Which I think would be required for the Rock to even be considered for the top job. He might get a consultant gig like Alan Horn, but that’s it. He won’t be running the franchise. Mike DeLuca will probably end up being the ”czar” of the the DC IPs, as well as CEO of all live action films for WBD.

Last edited:
REVIEW 1st viewing impression:

POSITIVE
- The visual and cinematography is high rate as usual even some times feel like a Snyder style minus his bleak tone.
- BA and the JSA shines through and through.
- story is light and pretty simple
- Plenty of action packed and mayhem for us to savor.
- there's the Mummy Returns vibe mix with superhero tropes

NEGATIVE
- Need more runtime to fleshed out some scenes and to even the pace better.
- Again time restraint clearly hurt some dramatic potential with already many characters they want to show, this is besides BA and the JSA.
- some of the music choice and the comedic scene especially from the kid is not necessary.

Overall guys, just have fun, relax and enjoy and entertaining superhero movie with great spectacle and action for your 2 hours escapism with a bright potential on the DCEU. 7/10

REVIEW 1st viewing impression:

POSITIVE
- The visual and cinematography is high rate as usual even some times feel like a Snyder style minus his bleak tone.
- BA and the JSA shines through and through.
- story is light and pretty simple
- Plenty of action packed and mayhem for us to savor.
- there's the Mummy Returns vibe mix with superhero tropes

NEGATIVE
- Need more runtime to fleshed out some scenes and to even the pace better.
- Again time restraint clearly hurt some dramatic potential with already many characters they want to show, this is besides BA and the JSA.
- some of the music choice and the comedic scene especially from the kid is not necessary.

Overall guys, just have fun, relax and enjoy and entertaining superhero movie with great spectacle and action for your 2 hours escapism with a bright potential on the DCEU. 7/10
Pretty much my thoughts as well.

I don’t see that happening. The rock keeps acknowledging that Superman is one of the most “powerful beings in the universe.”

I’m sure we’re going to get a more light hearted take on Superman though, but it won’t be as drastic as some are making it out to be. Henry has been very outspoken about how much he loves man of steel and it was the perfect “starting point” for Superman. So I’d be shocked for them to go a full 180 and we get something like the Christopher Reeve version. If it turns out to be anything close to WW84 it will be garbage.

Marvel got the goody two-shoes, boy scout in a modern setting characterisation right with Cap. WB just need to copy that.

I don’t think BA is going to perform well enough to warrant Johnson taking charge. I’m seeing it tomorrow, and will update my impressions then. But for the time being, at least one person whose opinion I trust has seen it by now; and from their description it sounds like a very generic run-of-the-mill superhero genre film—the highlight of which is literally the end credit scene! If that’s correct, I think Hamada, the Rock, and Collet-Sera were gambling on the Rock’s raw charisma to carry the film. And apparently it’s not nearly enough. But as mentioned I’ll judge for myself tomorrow.

No one should ever go by RT critics score to make a decision about whether to see a film. But it does influence people. I suspect that BA’s 54% on RT at 87 reviews (which means it will only go down from there—once a film starts out rotten with a limited number of critics before opening day the critic dog-piling gathers steam) is likely an indication of what the GA will think of it. And I doubt that it’s a compelling enough superhero flick to pull MCU fans over the fence to see it.

The Rock does bring some star power (although let’s be honest, he’s had plenty of flops!). DC fans want to see the JSA. There’s the end credits cameo. It’ll get some butts in seats.

I predict it’ll end up in the $600-700Ms. If so it won‘t be a flop. But it won‘t come anywhere near $1B. Which I think would be required for the Rock to even be considered for the top job. He might get a consultant gig like Alan Horn, but that’s it. He won’t be running the franchise. Mike DeLuca will probably end up being the ”czar” of the the DC IPs, as well as CEO of all live action films for WBD.
Agreed. I also hope it lands in that $600-700M range. Seeing Emmerich, Hamada and John's names in the credits at the end made me momentarily think, damn I shouldn't have supported this, but I guess it was only some sort of final gesture. So if we stay under the $1B then they can't take any major credit. Not that it would help them much now. :)

A 600-700M box office would also confirm WBD decisions, and keep things going in their chosen direction imo.

I'd also be fine with the Rock being in an advisory position. I think he even mentioned he would like this as well in one interview I saw. Can't see him as an "exec behind a desk" kind of guy anyway.

DeLuca is the best choice imo. Comic book background, previous DC guy, Snyder connected and Snyder positive. And also very keen for that Batman vs Deathstroke film which he was tied to before Emmerich nixed both him and the project.

Karma's a b***** as they say :p

Last edited:
I hope there is no Snyder involvement or anything like that moving forward. Let’s start fresh and leave the Snyder stuff on the side. Want to see what other people bring to the table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back