Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
6AE01E32-B85D-45ED-93C7-73C55E2D751F.jpeg

Affleck looks fantastic at 50. But moreover he’s an older Batman to begin with—he was from the very start in BvS. Ben Affleck has never done any stunts as Batman. In BvS and ZSJL for any major stunts or fight choreography, that’s all been stuntman Rich Cetrone.

In his early 50s Ben can still easily make his solo film and star in JL 2. And possibly JL 3 as well depending on how Snyder might rewrite the story. But more on that below. It could very well be that his role in the DCEU has recently been revised from what was originally planned. Again, more on that at the end.

As Snyder had conceived the five film story, it sounds like Batman was supposed to die at the end of the Knightmare future story. Some feel that story would have been told in two more films. But I would think his death was to occur and the end of JL2.

Now, if the plan has always been for Batfleck to die in JL 2 what then? Apparently the mantle of the Bat was to be passed to a Robin. But which one? And remember, this five film saga is described an ”elseworld” tale by Zack.

Zack mentioned that rather than Jason Todd, he made Dick Grayson the Robin that Joker killed. He did that in order for the loss (and guilt about it) to deepen the impact on Bruce’s psyche and push him onto the “fallen” path in BvS. He also stated that he intended for the Robin to be trained by Batman to be Carrie Kelly, evidently because he loves Frank Miller’s TDKR so much.

Snyder will be tied up with his Netflix project for the next couple years, yes. But there’s plenty of time over the next 3 years to make and release a Cavill solo Superman film and Affleck’s solo Batman film, if Ben still wants to (as we’re all hoping and praying he does). DC fans—and the GA—would lose their **** over that.

Then Zack comes in about 2026 and shoots JL 2 and 3 consecutively—which btw is what he’s doing now for Rebel Moon! It’s also what Peter Jackson did with LotR (there it was three movies back to back).

So Ben shoots two movies basically. And he’s done. By the time JL 3 releases we’d be halfway through the 10 year plan. The second half of the plan is the changing of the guard after the original JL completes its run.

The big question in my mind is whether WBD has since decided to use Batfleck as long as it can. Maybe he doesn‘t die in JL 2 after all. Maybe he continues and appears in JL 3 as well. Then he serves in a Batman Beyond style mentor sort of role. A sort of a Nick Fury type of role. Hamada and company envisioned that as role as being filled by Michael Keaton. But perhaps since re-signing Affleck WBD has decided Affleck is much a better choice.

And if so, then maybe they will revise the original plan for the Robin who died to have been Jason Todd after all. Then Bruce Wayne can train Dick Grayson. And if they do I would love for it to be Brendon Braithwaite who is pitch perfect for Robin.

That’s no excuse. And I don’t remember Matt reeves fans harassing batgirl. And just cause you don’t get what you want doesn’t excuse you from being toxic acting
It's not an excuse. They never quiet down because they never get anything. Compare that to Marvel who get what they want they would be just as loud for just as long in the same boat.

Matt Reeves and Batgirl fans were posting death threats to Zaslav.

Syl Abdul reporting this afternoon that

1) Snyder has indeed spoken with Zaslav (which Syl notes Mikey Sutton reported 9 months ago).

2) Zaslav wants Snyder for JL 2 and 3, and maybe other DC films as well.

3) Snyder is okay with adapting the story to fit WBD’s 10 year plan.

Syl added words of advice to expect significant changes to what we believe has always been the plan for JL 2 and 3.

This in response to Ben Evertz reporting that he’s hearing that Snyder recently handed in new storyboards to WBD adding that his plan for the two films can easily fit into their 10 year plan. Evertz notes that these aren’t the old storyboards from the Dallas museum exhibit last year. But Snyder long ago said he’d changed the story since then. So that was known already. Snyder has said those original storyboards were just initial brainstorming to begin with.

What I do still take to heart is what Snyder shared in March 2020 for the charity event at his alma mater at a discussion panel where he described the plan for the Knightmare future. He seemed to be setting that up at the end of ZSJL. But perhaps things have evolved and maybe it’ll be different than what he described there.

Edit: Just making clear, this is "scooper" reporting! None of it confirmed in the trades. Personally I do give it credence though, because Syl's been on a hot streak and apparently must have a good legit insider source. And Ben Evertz is usually very careful. Also he's been on a number of streams that Zack has appeared on. Possibly even someone that can actually reach out to Zack.

Last edited:
It's not an excuse. They never quiet down because they never get anything. Compare that to Marvel who get what they want they would be just as loud for just as long in the same boat.

Matt Reeves and Batgirl fans were posting death threats to Zaslav.
Snyder fans were aswell. They hated batgirl lol. And unlike dc marvel knows what they are doing. That’s all on dc and dc alone. Dc never listens to its fans .

Snyder fans were aswell. They hated batgirl lol. And unlike dc marvel knows what they are doing. That’s all on dc and dc alone. Dc never listens to its fans .

It's a divided fandom... It'll be impossible to please everyone.

But I think WBD must have looked at what they had. And between what Sarnoff/Emmerich/Hamada were engineering and what Snyder had started, they felt they could have a more impactful universe with the cast Snyder hired for the JL. The deconstructionism that rubbed everyone the wrong way with MoS and BvS was resolved in ZSJL. I think people are going to be pretty happy with starting from where ZSJL leaves off with Cavill, Affleck, and Fisher back.

It's a divided fandom... It'll be impossible to please everyone.

But I think WBD must have looked at what they had. And between what Sarnoff/Emmerich/Hamada were engineering and what Snyder had started, they felt they could have a more impactful universe with the cast Snyder hired for the JL. The deconstructionism that rubbed everyone the wrong way with MoS and BvS was resolved in ZSJL. I think people are going to be pretty happy with starting from where ZSJL leaves off with Cavill, Affleck, and Fisher back.
There’s ZERO chance WBD is going to bring Ray Fisher back. He continues to slander WB and call out people by name daily on his Twitter feed.

No chance.

At least Cyborg is easy to recast because he’s only half a face.

What I do still take to heart is what Snyder shared in March 2020 for the charity event at his alma mater at a discussion panel where he described the plan for the Knightmare future. He seemed to be setting that up at the end of ZSJL. But perhaps things have evolved and maybe it’ll be different than what he described there.

Just as I'm sure ZSJL was different to what we would've got if Snyder had stayed the course the first time. But I'm cool with whatever he serves up because at least he has a plan, unlike WB up to this point.

I presume he still doesn't consider AM or WW84 canon?

There’s ZERO chance WBD is going to bring Ray Fisher back. He continues to slander WB and call out people by name daily on his Twitter feed.

No chance.

Yea . Man thought he was gonna get the black panther treatment I guess but once it fell through he started crying on Twitter. I’d be more mad at Ezra miller for getting a movie than anybody else. I wouldn’t want a cyborg movie anyway. I always say him as a teen titans character but him with the jl never clicked with me. I rather have black green lantern movie honestly. Anyway the guy could have just moved to Disney like a smart person but decided to cry about WB. The biggest F U to them would be to go to marvel and get something there. They would have probably given him something .

Syl Abdul reporting this afternoon that

1) Snyder has indeed spoken with Zaslav (which Syl notes Mikey Sutton reported 9 months ago).

2) Zaslav wants Snyder for JL 2 and 3, and maybe other DC films as well.

3) Snyder is okay with adapting the story to fit WBD’s 10 year plan.

Syl added words of advice to expect significant changes to what we believe has always been the plan for JL 2 and 3.

This in response to Ben Evertz reporting that he’s hearing that Snyder recently handed in new storyboards to WBD adding that his plan for the two films can easily fit into their 10 year plan. Evertz notes that these aren’t the old storyboards from the Dallas museum exhibit last year. But Snyder long ago said he’d changed the story since then. So that was known already. Snyder has said those original storyboards were just initial brainstorming to begin with.

Edit: Just making clear, this is "scooper" reporting! None of it confirmed in the trades. Personally I do give it credence though, because Syl's been on a hot streak and apparently must have a good legit insider source. And Ben Evertz is usually very careful. Also he's been on a number of streams that Zack has appeared on. Possibly even someone that can actually reach out to Zack.

This sounds very exciting- if Snyder is talking to WB at all about this stuff something is going to happen.
So little on how Affleck suddenly is back again in Aquaman... HAS to be an indication of a shift in direction and then Batgirl/Keaton scrapped. C'mon gotta be more than a coincidence!

Last edited:

No chance.

???

The people he’s called out have all left, been fired, or are soon leaving (Hamada is gone come October). That’s the former WB regime of Sarnoff, Emmerich, and Hamada that the remaining of them David Zaslav fired. Whedon, Johns, and Berg were fired even before Hamada came on board for the disgrace of a film that was Josstice League. Anyway, Ray has a relationship with WBD now, not WB/WarnerMedia.

He’ll be back!

”Faith, Alfred… Faith!”

Last edited:
???

The people he’s called out have all left, been fired, or are soon leaving (Hamada is gone come October). That’s the former WB regime of Sarnoff, Emmerich, and Hamada that the remaining of them David Zaslav fired. Whedon, Johns, and Berg were fired even before Hamada came on board for the disgrace of a film that was Josstice League. Anyway, Ray has a relationship with WBD now, not WB/WarnerMedia.

He’ll be back!

”Faith, Alfred… Faith!”
I HIGHLY doubt this. HIGHLY doubt. Just cause the people he called out are fine doesn’t mean anything. They were let go cause they were stupid and made horrible decisions. It’s not him at all.

I’m just saying. But if he does well then. Id be dumbfounded

I HIGHLY doubt this. HIGHLY doubt. Just cause the people he called out are fine doesn’t mean anything. They were let go cause they were stupid and made horrible decisions. It’s not him at all.

I’m just saying. But if he does well then. Id be dumbfounded

Oh, of course Sarnoff, Emmerich, and Hamada were fired because they horribly mismanaged the DC IPs! Not because of Ray. I’m just saying that the bad blood was between Ray and the old regime that is gone (Hamada very soon, he’s the last one). Zaslav has fired all the people Ray had a beef with. Not because of Ray, but that isn’t the issue. Ray‘s badmouthing is toward an old regime that have all been fired. He’s not criticizing the new management. They don’t have a beef with him, nor he with them as far as anyone knows.

Toward the end of the old WB regime’s tenure all Ray was asking was for a public apology from Walter Hamada. Which of course he never got. He said he would never work on a project overseen by Hamada unless he got that apology. That’s irrelevant now. Hamada’s ass is fired.

Oh, of course Sarnoff, Emmerich, and Hamada were fired because they horribly mismanaged the DC IPs! Not because of Ray. I’m just saying that the bad blood was between Ray and the old regime that is gone (Hamada very soon, he’s the last one). Zaslav has fired all the people Ray had a beef with. Not because of Ray, but that isn’t the issue. Ray‘s badmouthing is toward an old regime that have all been fired. He’s not criticizing the new management. They don’t have a beef with him, nor he with them as far as anyone knows.

Toward the end of the old WB regime’s tenure all Ray was asking was for a public apology from Walter Hamada. Which of course he never got. He said he would never work on a project overseen by Hamada unless he got that apology. That’s irrelevant now. Hamada’s ass is fired.
Glad those idiots are gone but I really hope that whoever comes in knows what’s they are doing

I'm still worried about Zaslav's "vision". From what I've read he's killing HBOMax, which is an absolute shame. There was a lot of amazing content there.

For real. Btw, Zaslav is about to overhaul DC comics, reportedly.
Most of my favorite characters are in a good spot right now. I hope this doesn’t mean another universe-wide reboot. They’ve been slapping that button with more and more frequency lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back