EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Voyager fans are excited. The rest of us not so much. Dilithium crystals must be in short supply because we aren’t moving at warp speed on much else.
Not even sure how happy they are with those head sculpts. Admittedly, I'm not a Voyager fan, but it definitely seems like the D Team got put on that line.

Yeah, Voyager fans are excited. The rest of us not so much. Dilithium crystals must be in short supply because we aren’t moving at warp speed on much else.
It's funny how wildly different opinions can be about Voyager. You'd have to pay me to keep a Tom Paris on my shelf, but happy that it's shipping for those that are excited for it. I think currently the only figure I'd personally consider from Voyager would be the Doctor (while for the Seven character i'd sooner wait for a Picard version).

Not even sure how happy they are with those head sculpts. Admittedly, I'm not a Voyager fan, but it definitely seems like the D Team got put on that line.

template-19_ckac.1200.jpg

Paul’s going to be on the Monday “$*** list” report for sure. :ROFLMAO:

It's funny how wildly different opinions can be about Voyager. You'd have to pay me to keep a Tom Paris on my shelf, but happy that it's shipping for those that are excited for it. I think currently the only figure I'd personally consider from Voyager would be the Doctor (while for the Seven character i'd sooner wait for a Picard version).

Yeah - loved watching it at the time, but (excepting Seven & the doctor), I look at it now and feel the main characters were a bit "vanilla" - they just didn't stand out the way TOS, TNG and DS9 folks did.

Having said that - I didn't get Seven or the doctor from EXO-6, but WOULD buy the STW Seven 100%.

Another good chance for Exo-6 to show off some new figures wasted now that Strange New Worlds season 2 came out today.

I know this is off-topic, but can anyone here point me to a good resource on Star Trek movie posters? I'd like to buy an original TPM poster for display, but I need to educate myself first. Thanks!

I believe Paul wants an original US 1 sheet.

I collect ONLY original posters myself and it’s not too hard to get up to speed with them. Obvious signs are the issue codes which appear in the lower corner. Also, many original posters were issued as folded until the mid-80s, so you will find a mix of folded and rolled versions.

While original posters can be found in NM condition, you’ll find they’re less minty than fakes/reprints, which go for glossy white borders and are pretty easy to spot. These days the fakes can get really good, with some even replicating fold lines etc but just do a little research.

Ebay has a lot of reputable sellers and you’ll find other great online retailers like Cinemasterpieces and Posteritati. Just expect to spend several hundred dollars for an original. If it means that much to you it’s a nice thing to have for sure.

I personally can’t stomach cheap reprints, mainly because too many people out there are simply stealing art. It’s really sad how prevalent it is and if you’re up for giving money to these kinds of sellers then you may as well just print out your own at home.

I believe Paul wants an original US 1 sheet.

I collect ONLY original posters myself and it’s not too hard to get up to speed with them. Obvious signs are the issue codes which appear in the lower corner. Also, many original posters were issued as folded until the mid-80s, so you will find a mix of folded and rolled versions.

While original posters can be found in NM condition, you’ll find they’re less minty than fakes/reprints, which go for glossy white borders and are pretty easy to spot. These days the fakes can get really good, with some even replicating fold lines etc but just do a little research.

Ebay has a lot of reputable sellers and you’ll find other great online retailers like Cinemasterpieces and Posteritati. Just expect to spend several hundred dollars for an original. If it means that much to you it’s a nice thing to have for sure.

I personally can’t stomach cheap reprints, mainly because too many people out there are simply stealing art. It’s really sad how prevalent it is and if you’re up for giving money to these kinds of sellers then you may as well just print out your own at home.
Thanks, KXG! Yes, I am after an orignal US 1 sheet. I was hoping to find a resource online like Star Wars does that shows all the different posters styles like advanced, etc. and whether or not you could expect to find them double-sided or not for each film. Thanks for pointing out Cinemasterpieces and Posteritati. Do you have any experience with Matt33Collectibles?

Check this:

https://filmartgallery.com/a/s/collections/star-trek
https://artofthemovies.co.uk/collections/original-vintage-movie-posters/star-trek
I’m afraid I’ve not heard of Matt33. Just read up a bit and ask the right questions. Scrutinise pics as best you can and read all descriptions on things like ebay listings. The more you know the better. Good luck on your search!

BTW, the official ST store also sells reprints of these, so I’d rather give them money than anyone else if you were to go that route, as at least the money is going to the owners:

https://shop.startrek.com/collections/movies/posters

Last edited:
Kruge is looking awesome. I don’t see myself getting Picard unless it’s the TNG version. Maybe I’ll change my mind but I’m wanting to say no.

I loved Picard s3 so I'll probably get all versions of Picard they make. But for Christ sake only 2 PO's in 2023?

Also, Nanjin did exactly what I said he'd do, a quick repost of someone else's Picard day news.

Yup …. I think I will be up for this one ! … Then I will start to complain that Cage Spock is not ready to accompany him. AND I would like the Majel Barrett # 1. I very much think the uniforms ( especially the “away” jacket ) for SNW should have been designed closer to the Cage version . … and the SNW bridge should look closer to TOS.

Attachments

• IMG_1666.png
    IMG_1666.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back