EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup …. I think I will be up for this one ! … Then I will start to complain that Cage Spock is not ready to accompany him. AND I would like the Majel Barrett # 1. I very much think the uniforms ( especially the “away” jacket ) for SNW should have been designed closer to the Cage version . … and the SNW bridge should look closer to TOS.
…and yeah I realize the Jeffrey Hunter Image is not perfect, but I’m just starving for the vintage Trek . No interest in collecting Voyager, Enterprise, Discovery or SNW.

No "Picard" figures for me so hopefully TNG Picard and if so, its about time.
Depending on my mood of the day it goes from a handful of select Picard figures to solely Shaw.

My plan though is to represent every era of Trek with a key figure (at least key in my mind) and then go deeper on certain lines… mainly DS9.

TNG Picard I am eager to see, followed by Data.

That email is an odd one… the subject leads to question which Captain is coming, which Nanjin has been asking on his FB too, so putting Cage Pike in the email feels like a tease of that figure but a misdirect to what’s actually coming.

Depending on my mood of the day it goes from a handful of select Picard figures to solely Shaw.

My plan though is to represent every era of Trek with a key figure (at least key in my mind) and then go deeper on certain lines… mainly DS9.

That email is an odd one… the subject leads to question which Captain is coming, which Nanjin has been asking on his FB too, so putting Cage Pike in the email feels like a tease of that figure but a misdirect to what’s actually coming.
Picard S3 was a breath of fresh air in this new era of Trek, great nostalgia but they’ll have to be fairly impressive for me to dive in beyond Picard and Riker (I wasn’t that keen on the Picard reveal to be honest when you compare that sculpt against Vadic).

TNG is where my heart is so I’m all in for those, I don’t get why nothing is teased anymore on that line.

Yikes !
I didn’t think of it that way. I was thinking that was the question on the front of “the envelope” and once you opened the email the question was answered by the picture.

…and yeah I realize the Jeffrey Hunter Image is not perfect, but I’m just starving for the vintage Trek . No interest in collecting Voyager, Enterprise, Discovery or SNW.
I'll have to agree. Playmates did a better likeness of Pike.
-Jim G.G.

Picard S3 was a breath of fresh air in this new era of Trek, great nostalgia but they’ll have to be fairly impressive for me to dive in beyond Picard and Riker (I wasn’t that keen on the Picard reveal to be honest when you compare that sculpt against Vadic).

TNG is where my heart is so I’m all in for those, I don’t get why nothing is teased anymore on that line.
I’m most interested in seeing Shaw, Geordi and Riker to be honest.
Yikes !
I didn’t think of it that way. I was thinking that was the question on the front of “the envelope” and once you opened the email the question was answered by the picture.
I may be overthinking it in the way I read it - it might be as simple as where your thoughts lead.

. . . Lots of people on his page are saying they're holding out for Anson Mount's Pike.

Now THAT I'll buy (assuming the headsculpt is good) . . . the dude just exudes screen presence & charisma. Truly the right actor for the role.

I’m just an old timer. I’ve enjoyed Anson Mount in a number of action shows and movies over the past few years. And I realize he has put quite a few hours in as Chris Pike. … but although Jeffrey Hunter has only put in about an hours work he’s been Pike for over 50 years. He also accompanied an earliest version of the Spock character and makeup. He was also Jesus Christ in “King of Kings” and John Wayne’s co-Star in what was widely considered to be the greatest Western film of all time. ….and … uh … Does Mount‘s Pike haircut remind anyone else of Johnny Bravo ?

Attachments

• IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1676.jpeg
    IMG_1676.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 0
I’m just an old timer. I’ve enjoyed Anson Mount in a number of action shows and movies over the past few years. And I realize he has put quite a few hours in as Chris Pike. … but although Jeffrey Hunter has only put in about an hours work he’s been Pike for over 50 years. He also accompanied an earliest version of the Spock character and makeup. He was also Jesus Christ in “King of Kings” and John Wayne’s co-Star in what was widely considered to be the greatest Western film of all time. ….and … uh … Does Mount‘s Pike haircut remind anyone else of Johnny Bravo ?
The hair is an issue for sure. :LOL:

My initial plans for the "Managerie / The Cage" figures were to pair them up as follows:

Pike / Talosian / Vina

Dress uniformed Kirk, Spock and Pike in wheelchair.

I need at least a Talosian or Vina announced soon or this Pike will likely be a pass.

My initial plans for the "Managerie / The Cage" figures were to pair them up as follows:

Pike / Talosian / Vina

Dress uniformed Kirk, Spock and Pike in wheelchair.

I need at least a Talosian or Vina announced soon or this Pike will likely be a pass.
Those are certainly reasonable considerations. Considerations like that is what makes collecting a somewhat dubious game. You look to pair the Star of that pilot ( Hunter) with the other stars of the pilot ( Susan Oliver as Vina and the Taolosian) = Reasonable . I look to pair Pike with the original proposed # 1 and the younger underdeveloped Vulcan Lieutenant. Also = reasonable. Either way the Capt Pike figure needs a companion piece or is kind of useless, unless you just need an example of the uniform. btw : Which version of Vina were you hoping for : Young Vina, old Vina, green Vina ?

Those are certainly reasonable considerations. Considerations like that is what makes collecting a somewhat dubious game. You look to pair the Star of that pilot ( Hunter) with the other stars of the pilot ( Susan Oliver as Vina and the Taolosian) = Reasonable . I look to pair Pike with the original proposed # 1 and the younger underdeveloped Vulcan Lieutenant. Also = reasonable. Either way the Capt Pike figure needs a companion piece or is kind of useless, unless you just need an example of the uniform. btw : Which version of Vina were you hoping for : Young Vina, old Vina, green Vina ?
You bring up some good pairing alternatives, as well.

I'm definitely looking for the iconic "green" Vina.

I would love to have had Kirk, Spock, Number One, Dr Boyce and Yeoman Colt. Vina as an Orion would be cool also.

Harry is here!

Right out of the box, cellphone shot. More to come…

IMG3309.jpeg
Thank you for sharing, QuiGoneFishing.
Harry looks like a well made figure. One thing that immediately jumps out from this picture are his proportions. I passed on the recent Wonder Woman from Hot Toys as her head always looks too small for the body. This looks accurate to a real human.
Mine is in New Jersey with a next stop in Orlando before his final stretch to South Florida.

Back