EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exo-6 has really set a benchmark here; there’s no need to display anything else. I think my wife can happily retire her Putin, Zuckerberg and Sheldon Cooper dolls :D

Attachments

• 63216ECF-474E-4356-8113-72D5F052D0EB.jpeg
    63216ECF-474E-4356-8113-72D5F052D0EB.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 63
EXO-6 has displayed an impressive collection of prototypes but I have to ask... why do DS9 and ENT have so little?

ME: Do you have Odo?

EXO-6: We have Mirror Spock.

ME: How about Worf?

EXO-6: Check out our TOS Spock.

ME: Any chance for T'Pol?

EXO-6: We have Cage Spock.

ME: Surely you have Kira?

EXO-6: We have Dress-Uniform Spock.

ME: Well what about Chakotay?

EXO-6: There's a very nice TMP Spock over here.

ME: Where's Trip Tucker?

EXO-6: We have lovely TWOK Spock.

Six Spocks at once but poor Archer and Sisko have no crews? It appears all of EXO-6's "torpedoes" were set to the same frequency. My shields are still holding. Hope there's better variety in the future...

I expected perhaps more reveals today but given it’s getting late in the day perhaps not?

The top sculpt is the QMX, and yes, much better than the new one. The TWOK Spock and McCoy don’t look very good as far as head sculpts go — everything else is excellent.
Yeah it's kinda frustrating when you know there's a superior headsculpt already made for this (and for Riker as well), but they decided to go with something else instead.

And even the various TOS Spock sculpts don't seem quite as good as this CG render we saw a while ago. The current heads all look a bit too narrow to me.

44809535_2240041032908957_105452679h7447692288_n.jpg

Six Spocks at once but poor Archer and Sisko have no crews? It appears all of EXO-6's "torpedoes" were set to the same frequency. My shields are still holding. Hope there's better variety in the future...
I understand the concern, but Spock is a big seller. Can't say that I blame them. It looks like they are spaced out enough to make sure that even if some figures under perform, they'll still have a decent revenue stream.

*This is all conjecture on my part. I'm sure Nanjin will prove me wrong.

Give them time. Even nanjin only has so many hours to work on Star Trek everyday. Presumably he must sleep at least a few hours.

I don’t see the need to grouse about character selection yet. EXO-6 just went from one figure to two to four to dozens in the pipeline. There’s going to be something for everyone eventually.

It should be pretty clear to long time collectors that the frontrunners for a brand new line have to be what’s going to sell the best and be strong foundations for the future.

TOS and TNG have the biggest following, so their most popular characters will be the focus. The other shows and characters will follow.

I love DS9 and on some days I like it more than TNG, but realistically it’s not best place to go all in from the get go from a business perspective.

Yeah we're only in Year Two of this grand plan of his, and we've already seen prototypes from just about every movie and TV series, with the exception of the JJ movies. Which is pretty damn impressive I'd say.

EXO-6 has displayed an impressive collection of prototypes but I have to ask... why do DS9 and ENT have so little?

ME: Do you have Odo?

EXO-6: We have Mirror Spock.

ME: How about Worf?

EXO-6: Check out our TOS Spock.

ME: Any chance for T'Pol?

EXO-6: We have Cage Spock.

ME: Surely you have Kira?

EXO-6: We have Dress-Uniform Spock.

ME: Well what about Chakotay?

EXO-6: There's a very nice TMP Spock over here.

ME: Where's Trip Tucker?

EXO-6: We have lovely TWOK Spock.

Crap, I didn't even think about Kira... I might have to get a Sisko and Quark just on the off chance they make a Kira to do with them...

I never thought I would by thankful for HT being such slackers, but their ass backwards handling of the SW franchise gives me breathing room. If they dropped protos for 40 figures over the next couple of years my head would explode.
I come with a preoder list and then more items get revealed and I have to do the math all over again.
Wrong. You should say EXO-6 is abnormally strange. HT and everyone else's are doing industry norm. EXO-6 is the abnormal one.

I expected perhaps more reveals today but given it’s getting late in the day perhaps not?
Is there anyone else from this forum beside Najin himself on scene who can report ?
is the convention being covered anywhere else on line ?

View attachment 571482
Two things: the hair sculpt needs to be more in scale and not look like a kitchen sponge. No 1/6th companies pay attention to this and it makes their black characters look very toy like. Lips should be a HUE different in overall skin tone, not a different color. I appreciate the attempt to capture this, but the color difference is usually way more subtle. Don’t try to color in the natural shadows. Again, makes it look super toyish.
Other than that, my wallet will rue the day you stepped back into the fray! What could you possibly have in store for SDCC! No más!!!!!!!!!
I will remember someone call my figures kitchen Sponge. I shall always remember this description.

I’ve been checking Instagram for snaps but nothing new at the moment.

I understand the concern, but Spock is a big seller. Can't say that I blame them. It looks like they are spaced out enough to make sure that even if some figures under perform, they'll still have a decent revenue stream.

*This is all conjecture on my part. I'm sure Nanjin will prove me wrong.

I have no doubt we will see additional crew members for Deep Space Nine and Next Generation. The breadth and depth of what Nanjin has shown is already remarkable. He has already shown his game plan for the next year. Kira and Dax and Crusher will come…he has three and half more years.
He has even mentioned the possibility of Ilia and Andrea! Where and when is next year’s Star Trek convention?

Attachments

• 34E1F370-06BB-4A6E-99AC-30D7E39620FE.jpeg
    34E1F370-06BB-4A6E-99AC-30D7E39620FE.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 54
Back