EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa ! Which is which ? The top sculpt is unquestionably superior
I think the top one is QMx. Notice std uniform Picard behind him, white display card, and to me, anyway, fuzzy uniform. Exo uniforms are so much better.
I think the one on the bottom is very good. Riker and Geordi are the only ones so far that have made me go ugh. Everything else has me so excited.

I never thought I would by thankful for HT being such slackers, but their ass backwards handling of the SW franchise gives me breathing room. If they dropped protos for 40 figures over the next couple of years my head would explode.
I come with a preoder list and then more items get revealed and I have to do the math all over again.

I never thought I would by thankful for HT being such slackers, but their ass backwards handling of the SW franchise gives me breathing room. If they dropped protos for 40 figures over the next couple of years my head would explode.
I come with a preoder list and then more items get revealed and I have to do the math all over again.
Hot Toys has really dropped the ball. They've become fixated on Iron Man Mark 1-100 and obscure Mandalorian figures, right after producing the 20th variant of Boba Fett

Hot Toys haven't shown anything that really wowed me for a long time.

I do hope they announce Jude Law Dumbledore next week tho, but it'll probably be Electro.

Or getting the KVX enforcer droid after weeks of nothing ? I get that it's a K2 knock off using the same mold, but it was in BOBF for a two second shot.

1649601097702.png

Two things: the hair sculpt needs to be more in scale and not look like a kitchen sponge. No 1/6th companies pay attention to this and it makes their black characters look very toy like. Lips should be a HUE different in overall skin tone, not a different color. I appreciate the attempt to capture this, but the color difference is usually way more subtle. Don’t try to color in the natural shadows. Again, makes it look super toyish.
Other than that, my wallet will rue the day you stepped back into the fray! What could you possibly have in store for SDCC! No más!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 571482
Two things: the hair sculpt needs to be more in scale and not look like a kitchen sponge. No 1/6th companies pay attention to this and it makes their black characters look very toy like. Lips should be a HUE different in overall skin tone, not a different color. I appreciate the attempt to capture this, but the color difference is usually way more subtle. Don’t try to color in the natural shadows. Again, makes it look super toyish.
Other than that, my wallet will rue the day you stepped back into the fray! What could you possibly have in store for SDCC! No más!!!!!!!!!
To add to what you said - I think the lips appear too flat and wide. To me, they ought to be a little narrower and rounder. Or maybe the paint/lighting is just making it look that way??

To add to what you said - I think the lips appear too flat and wide. To me, they ought to be a little narrower and rounder. Or maybe the paint/lighting is just making it look that way??
I would agree with this. Sometimes the 1/6th folks don’t take the time to get the subtle details correct. When they do, they hit it out the park like Nick Fury and Shuri. They become instant classics.

Nanjin Tam

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favourites · 2 hrs ·

I want to point out a phenomenon that I noticed in our figures display.

Example one: twok maroon and the away jacket color. They are totally different colors. I could easily pick out these 2 colors if the figures are put outside of the cabinets. No differences in this photo or even with mybown eyes.

Example two: tmp Kirk Loden Green. Admiral Kirk uniform was a wrong green. The tailor made a mistake with the color. I wanted the viewers to know the sample color is wrong and will use the correct color. That's why I purposely placed a Pantone Loden Green swatch next to Kirk. The Pantone Loden Green color changed and I can't distinguish them apart inside the cabinet as you can see from any photos of TMP Kirk.

This need to be avoided next time. Not only the critical Trek colors can't be presented, headsculpt colors are all distorted.
But for the collectors, there is something fun to see. Some Trek uniforms will change colors throughout the day.
Further to my observation, copying how Hot Toys showcases their figures can't be wrong. They really know all the possible wrong doings and have solutions inplaced.

Big Boss is THE Big Boss, Mr Chan and his team have sized up all aspect of 1/6 and had most issues covered.
I have no doubt anymore that Mr Chan is the number one of 1/6. There are always something from HT that can be learnt.

121212.jpg
1212121212.jpg

Thank you for articulating what I was feeling. I would also add the chin maybe looks a little weak, but might just be the angle.

Nanjin Tam

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favourites · 2 hrs ·

I want to point out a phenomenon that I noticed in our figures display.

Example one: twok maroon and the away jacket color. They are totally different colors. I could easily pick out these 2 colors if the figures are put outside of the cabinets. No differences in this photo or even with mybown eyes.

Example two: tmp Kirk Loden Green. Admiral Kirk uniform was a wrong green. The tailor made a mistake with the color. I wanted the viewers to know the sample color is wrong and will use the correct color. That's why I purposely placed a Pantone Loden Green swatch next to Kirk. The Pantone Loden Green color changed and I can't distinguish them apart inside the cabinet as you can see from any photos of TMP Kirk.

This need to be avoided next time. Not only the critical Trek colors can't be presented, headsculpt colors are all distorted.
But for the collectors, there is something fun to see. Some Trek uniforms will change colors throughout the day.
Further to my observation, copying how Hot Toys showcases their figures can't be wrong. They really know all the possible wrong doings and have solutions inplaced.

Big Boss is THE Big Boss, Mr Chan and his team have sized up all aspect of 1/6 and had most issues covered.
I have no doubt anymore that Mr Chan is the number one of 1/6. There are always something from HT that can be learnt.

View attachment 571494View attachment 571495
So … the color on TMP Kirk in the case is not the color to be used in the production run ?

I have 0 interest in Star Trek or its merch but I always stop by to see the excellent work being done. My sympathies to your wallets ST fans.
It's gonna sting big style, but I believe this will be the one & only chance of a wide range Trek character run in 1/6. We will never get another Nanjin.
For me personally everything else I collect will fall by the wayside until EXO-6 complete their 5 year mission

Hot Toys has really dropped the ball. They've become fixated on Iron Man Mark 1-100 and obscure Mandalorian figures, right after producing the 20th variant of Boba Fett

Back