EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. After the success of Picard/Data/Janeway showing the popularity for the post-TOS+TOSMovies TV&Movies, I don’t see why we immediately needed 6 Spocks in the immediate pipeline. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Agreed as well, but at least they're spread out a bit. We should be getting two of those six for sure this year (Mirror and Kohlinar)

TWOK Spock could be either this year or next year - McCoy is listed as Q4 2022 while Kirk is listed as Q2 2023... Q1 2023 would make sense to me, given those dates - that'd be one TWOK trio member per quarter.

"The Cage" Spock is Q1 2023 and TOS Dress and TOS Duty Spocks are most likely next year as well (based on the dates on the cards, the other "Menagerie" figures are all 2023 releases).

But overall, I agree, it's a lot of Spock to show all at once!

Collectibles and figures take a long time to develop. The figures shown now would likely have been in development long before the release and subsequent success of all the current figures would’ve been known.

I feel Voyager falls into that riskier category so it’s understandable why safer figures would follow.

It’s going to be a balancing act to keep from getting sucked into the black hole so many collectibles companies seem to fall into.

The community went from having only a defunct very small high end Star Trek figure line to a potentially massive and expansive definitive line in a relatively short period of time. It’s pretty amazing to watch that unfold.

I will remember someone call my figures kitchen Sponge. I shall always remember this description.
Nanjin, I meant no disrespect brutha. Just saying that there needs to be a bit more scale to how black hair is sculpted in 1/6th. It’s not just your company, my friend, it’s industry wide. There have been some great innovations in how the scale of straight hair is depicted I.e. SS 2015 Jedi Luke vs any of the latest 1/6th figures like from Exo-6! Just trying to be constructive.

I also think it’s a little eye-rolling to see a half-dozen Spocks and almost nothing for ENT or DS9 or even PCD. I’m not sure the world was clamoring for TMP Kirk and Spock and I’d honestly prefer them a year from now after more TV crew members get made, but Nanjin is the genius behind this whole venture. I have faith he has it all planned out so no fans are left behind.

Depends on the circles you travel in or follow on social media. The TMP Kirk and Spock are getting alot of high praise, and was something people really wanted from what I follow, where ENT and PCD are barely wanted.

I've said it before. I'm in for everything EXO-6 makes. This weekend just reaffirms my position.

I have no worries with how any of the figures looked. All of the figures released so far have had negative comments or nit picks on what would be better based off pics seen. In hand everyone has said the figures look much better in person. It happens every time we see pictures, and once again it is happening. It's like everyone forgets what has happened before.

Nanjin is a fan, he wants to make the best Trek figures, more importantly he wants us to have the best Trek figures ever made. He has shown us the future of 1/6 Trek, and I am very excited for it. It doesn't matter how the pictures look, or how the QmX figures looked years ago. I know when I finally have the EXO-6 figure in my hand it will be superior to the pictures and old QmX figures.

The TMP Kirk and Spock are getting alot of high praise, and was something people really wanted from what I follow, where ENT and PCD are barely wanted.
I am surrounded by life long trek fans and not a single one of them is still watching DSC or PCD. I saw when CBS premiered DSC on their basic cable channel it received such historically low ratings that reruns of old game shows were easily beating it. However, I also tracked TOS, TNG, and DS9 on the "now trending" pages for YEARS on multiple streaming platforms before moving to Paramount. So demand for real Trek is still VERY high.

I've said it before. I'm in for everything EXO-6 makes. This weekend just reaffirms my position.

I have no worries with how any of the figures looked. All of the figures released so far have had negative comments or nit picks on what would be better based off pics seen. In hand everyone has said the figures look much better in person. It happens every time we see pictures, and once again it is happening. It's like everyone forgets what has happened before.

Nanjin is a fan, he wants to make the best Trek figures, more importantly he wants us to have the best Trek figures ever made. He has shown us the future of 1/6 Trek, and I am very excited for it. It doesn't matter how the pictures look, or how the QmX figures looked years ago. I know when I finally have the EXO-6 figure in my hand it will be superior to the pictures and old QmX figures.
Totally agree with what you're saying here. Do I see things in the pictures that I think could be better? Absolutely! But I could say the same about the FC Data, Picard, Janeway and the EMH prototypes... and I'm thrilled with them in hand. I have no doubt - aside from Khan's hair (rooted is notoriously tough to get right) - that these will all be much better once we see them in hand.

This EXO-6 venture is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I'm on board for as many as I can - yes, I'll have to skip some variants (eg Dress Uniforms), but otherwise, the future looks so bright. It's easily the most exciting thing in 1/6 collecting for me. Time to get some more shelving installed!

I am surrounded by life long trek fans and not a single one of them is still watching DSC or PCD. I saw when CBS premiered DSC on their basic cable channel it received such historically low ratings that reruns of old game shows were easily beating it. However, I also tracked TOS, TNG, and DS9 on the "now trending" pages for YEARS on multiple streaming platforms before moving to Paramount. So demand for real Trek is still VERY high.

It's all real Trek. Please stop the gatekeeping. I don't see why people need to bash the new, just let people enjoy what they enjoy. It's a success, it it wasn't they wouldn't keep making it. It's ok if people don't like it, but there are millions who do. So why go pick fights over stuff you don't like?

When DISCO came out on CBS it was like a year after it was already on CBS All access, the people who wanted to see it already had, so the ratings from CBS was no surprise. VOY was the most watched of all Trek series on streaming.

Totally agree with what you're saying here. Do I see things in the pictures that I think could be better? Absolutely! But I could say the same about the FC Data, Picard, Janeway and the EMH prototypes... and I'm thrilled with them in hand. I have no doubt - aside from Khan's hair (rooted is notoriously tough to get right) - that these will all be much better once we see them in hand.

This EXO-6 venture is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I'm on board for as many as I can - yes, I'll have to skip some variants (eg Dress Uniforms), but otherwise, the future looks so bright. It's easily the most exciting thing in 1/6 collecting for me. Time to get some more shelving installed!

YES!! Once in a lifetime opportunity here. That's why I'm getting them all even if I know some wont ever come out of the box. Well that's a lie I'm going to play around and pose them all, but some wont stay on display very long. I just wont have the room for them.

Yeah even as one of those very nitpicky people, I'll still be getting the vast majority of these figures anyway to see how they are in hand, and because I know it's the only representation of these characters we'll ever see in 1/6. And if later on I decide the figure just isn't working for me at all it shouldn't be too hard to sell off.

Another interview with Nanjin and more videos of the figures coming up tonight.

So some stuff out of this video.

TMP Kirk/Spock is a two pack. It is competitively priced to be affordable.

Sounds like there will be no preorder for it. It will go up for sale and immediate shipment.

It's a small run, and based on reaction so far he thinks he under made them.

I think the current strategy makes a lot of sense. Most people will “tap out” once they have got their core bridge crews from their preferred franchises. Pushing out the whole cast of TNG or TOS now would be exciting, but the line would lose momentum quickly. People are more likely to pick up side characters while they are waiting for their most desired characters to come out.
That's why I said I have an end date. I know exactly how 1/6 Trek will end, when it will end, and the time for me to move on.

Last edited:
Yeah even as one of those very nitpicky people, I'll still be getting the vast majority of these figures anyway to see how they are in hand, and because I know it's the only representation of these characters we'll ever see in 1/6. And if later on I decide the figure just isn't working for me at all it shouldn't be too hard to sell off.

Exactly. I'm not calling anyone out or anything, I mean I can see problems on some of the pics (Khan, McCoy, Riker). I just like to try to focus on the positive then the negative.

That's why I said I have an end date. I know exactly how 1/6 Trek will end, when it will end, and the time for me to move on.

I usually mean what I say, and onmy say what I mean.

Capture your favorite Trek in 1/6 scale before they disaplear permanently.

Dig into this thread, I said I will finish 1/6 Trek and go build a school.

After today, i am even more sure of the future of 1/6 Star Trek. It will shine bright and always remembered long after its last day.

Historic Star Trek collection.
How can you know the end date already if you’re waiting to see how successful ENT and DS9 and DSC are before determining how expansive those series will be? Do you have scenarios planned out for each being successful or not already? 😮

How can you know the end date already if you’re waiting to see how successful ENT and DS9 and DSC are before determining how expansive those series will be? Do you have scenarios planned out for each being successful or not already? 😮
He's talked about this before. He has figures planned, how far he goes depends on sales of the figures he planned for. Janeway was a surprise, so now he's going deep on Voyager. Sounds like TMP is another one that might get a deep dive if the two pack sells well. I really hope to see a Ilia, Decker, maybe a Vger backdrop!

I really hope to see a Ilia...

You will make the ilia unit now.

bald-girl-persis-khambatta.gif

He already committed in the past to releasing the full bridge crews for TOS through ENT. It's only the newer series where it's a little more uncertain, and we may only see 2-3 figures from each.

It's all real Trek. Please stop the gatekeeping. I don't see why people need to bash the new, just let people enjoy what they enjoy. It's a success, it it wasn't they wouldn't keep making it. It's ok if people don't like it, but there are millions who do. So why go pick fights over stuff you don't like?

When DISCO came out on CBS it was like a year after it was already on CBS All access, the people who wanted to see it already had, so the ratings from CBS was no surprise. VOY was the most watched of all Trek series on streaming.
Thank you for saying that. I get so tired of people gatekeeping and bashing the shows that they personally don't like. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean that it's not real/true/etc. Let people enjoy things!

I personally don't enjoy DISCO (Pike & Saru aside), but I don't begrudge anyone who enjoys it - heck, I wish I liked it more! But it's absolutely, 100% real Trek. Just like PIC, SNW, Prodigy and LD. I've even come around to Lower Decks, which I didn't enjoy much at first, to the point I'm sculpting my own versions of the figures.

He's talked about this before. He has figures planned, how far he goes depends on sales of the figures he planned for. Janeway was a surprise, so now he's going deep on Voyager. Sounds like TMP is another one that might get a deep dive if the two pack sells well. I really hope to see a Ilia, Decker, maybe a Vger backdrop!
Ilia would be a day one purchase for me - absolutely iconic. I'd even be tempted to get an extra to customise a Phase II version.

ElbZLJPXIAEl4Bs.png

Another interview with Nanjin and more videos of the figures coming up tonight.

Holy crap, just watched this and was not expecting the Borg alcove light to actually be animated like right out of the movie! I expected it to just be a static backlit thing or a cheesy prism effect. That is seriously cool.

So from the way Nanjin explains things in the video whenever the TMP figures go up they’ll be shipping out soon after we order. I take it they’ll be going up soon-ish.

Back